Author Topic: Real Life Picture Thread  (Read 88356 times)

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
  • Developing a relaxed attitude toward danger
    • View Profile
Re: Real Life Picture Thread
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2012, 05:14:43 PM »
@DonQuixote: Wow dose sideburns.
I am now convinced that he is Wolverine and nothing anyone can say will make me change my mind.
Homebrew Compendiums: D&D 3.5 4e/PF
IRC: #mmxgeneral on Rizon

Offline Azremodehar

• *pop*
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2012, 05:31:18 PM »
Maybe not the hats, but the rest of it? Never, ever underestimate the power of a three-piece-suit at an interview. Or anywhere else.

The problem is one of coloration.  I suspect that interviewers might bat a few eyelashes at a wine-colored jacket.  Or a vibrant purple shirt.  Once I'm working there?  Might not be a problem.  But I suspect that, during interviews, there's a degree to which I should look less wacky.

Depends on where you're interviewing, I suppose. The vibrant purple shirt, with a charcoal vest and a dove-grey jacket would be excellent. The tie would have to depend on the situation, and tenor of the company. That combination would, in corporateese indicate that you are conservative, but willing to take risks. Purple is also a good 'power' colour, with its long association with both royalty and the mystical.

Er.

Thank you! The colour is mostly natural; the ends are dyed, but not the rest. My eyes are actually almost colourless - very pale steely kind of colour - so they tend to pick up and reflect what I'm wearing, or look different depending on the kind of light that's around.

Hah!  Another one.  My eyes are grey as well, and listed that way on my driver's license.  Mine tend to vacillate primarily between blue and pale green.

:D  ...Did you know that blue and grey eyes actually have no pigment in them? The colouration is structural, like in a butterfly's wing; the colour comes as a result of Rayleigh or Mie scattering. Thus, the difference in colour depending on circumstances. This has been your biophysics lesson for the day.

The Halloween pictures are excellent. Your costume is A++, would save Gotham from you again. I especially like the suit; was it one you already had? Either way, definitely one of the better Jokers I've seen.

So, that suit was my first suit--bought it just for the costume.  Before that, I dressed in t-shirts and jeans and what have you.  Once I wore the costume, though, I realized that I loved wearing button-up shirts and vests.  So, that started.  Shortly after that, I added the tie to the ensemble.  Suspenders were quick to follow, as was a pocketwatch.  Then, at the beginning of my sophomore year at college, I obtained the hats and the coats.  A new era had dawned, and there was no turning back.

The fullness of the Joker costume is, alas, incomplete in a photographic format.  I spent most of high school doing acting and, during that time, developed a not-insignificant ability with my vocal range.  I'm no voice actor, but I'm able to pull off a variety of different voices, most of which have characters set to them.  It's incredibly useful when DMing.  For the Joker, I lifted a slight imitation of Heath Ledger's voice, but substituted in many of the mannerisms portrayed in Alan Moore's The Killing Joke.  I added two more voices--a low growl and a frenzied maniacal hooting--and bounced between the three according to sentence development and mood shift.  I also have an insane cackle on hand, so that was useful.

In terms of physicality, I put a lot into slow movements of the head and jerky shoulder motion.  The walk was a "long" one--I put my legs out in front of me and let my body follow.  At least, when I was calm.  When I got worked up, my gait shifted dramatically, causing me to seem to lunge forward when becoming excitement.

Facial expression didn't require much practice, as I do a lot of that.  I would go between deadpan, a wide-eyed smile, and a face-contorting rictus.  Again, dependent on context.

NICE. Very nice. Getting into character is the best, and not only does that put you a head and shoulders above other Jokers, that'd put you into the top tier of cosplayers, in my book. There are so many people who dress up, and then don't act the part. I mean, sure, some people have crap for acting skills, but... Points for trying? But yeah. Good on you.  :D

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2012, 05:34:30 PM »
I love Halloween!  My wife and I did costumes for the parties instead of the trick-or-treating... but we did go trick-or-treating with my son, and I'm pretty happy how that turned out:

(click to show/hide)
d'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww!!!
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Azremodehar

• *pop*
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2012, 05:38:30 PM »
I love Halloween!  My wife and I did costumes for the parties instead of the trick-or-treating... but we did go trick-or-treating with my son, and I'm pretty happy how that turned out:

(click to show/hide)

Excellent.  :D

Offline SneeR

• Legendary Member
  • Sneering
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2012, 05:46:00 PM »
You're the one on the left, correct?   :P

You're the one on the left, I take it?

Why do I keep getting this?  Lol.
To be fair, the family resemblance truly is startling. How did you get your son to grow that beard? It really works for his Burger King costume!
A smile from ear to ear
3.5 is disappointingly flawed.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2012, 05:47:54 PM »

(click to show/hide)

A fellow Halloween fan!

Sadly I wish more people here celebrated it.  I'm one of the few people who hands out the good candy but no one ever comes by the apartment complex sadly :(

Offline Monotremeancer

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2012, 05:49:54 PM »
Since we're talking about halloween I'm going to continue spamming you with pictures of my pretty face
(click to show/hide)

The straightjacket was made from a poncho that I made from a sheet when I went to a masquerade dinner; the theme being "Greek stuff" (I made a necklace out of shoelaces, cucumbers and garlics and went as tzatziki due to lack of time). It took me forever to make since the machine I was using to sew the thing was awful.
I'm what's staring back from the abyss.
How come you guys never wave?

Please send me a PM if you give me kudos. I'm interested in what I'm doing right.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2012, 05:52:54 PM »

To be fair, the family resemblance truly is startling. How did you get your son to grow that beard? It really works for his Burger King costume!

:lol
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2012, 06:27:20 PM »

:thumb

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2012, 06:44:51 PM »
Depends on where you're interviewing, I suppose. The vibrant purple shirt, with a charcoal vest and a dove-grey jacket would be excellent. The tie would have to depend on the situation, and tenor of the company. That combination would, in corporateese indicate that you are conservative, but willing to take risks. Purple is also a good 'power' colour, with its long association with both royalty and the mystical.

Er.

While you may be right, I'm going to wait until I actually have some guarantee of employment before I wear anything fun to an interview.  I'm still not convinced that it's risk-free, and steady employment is more important than asserting one's right to dress colorfully at an interview.

Plus, I wear the purple shirt with the brown-and-tan striped vest, the lighter brown tie, khaki pants, and the wine-colored jacket.  Why would I upset a winning formula?  :tongue

@DonQuixote: Wow dose sideburns.

Unfortunately, they're dead now.  Job interviews and whatnot.  I had to cut my hair and shave the muttonchops.  My head feels wrong.

I am now convinced that he is Wolverine and nothing anyone can say will make me change my mind.

Man, I WISH I was built like that.  I have the muscle tone of a rubber band.  A good climber, fairly agile, but no actual visible muscles to speak of.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2012, 07:10:01 PM »

(click to show/hide)

A fellow Halloween fan!

Sadly I wish more people here celebrated it.  I'm one of the few people who hands out the good candy but no one ever comes by the apartment complex sadly :(

We don't celebrate Halloween in Brazil at all.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Azremodehar

• *pop*
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2012, 07:15:45 PM »

Er.

While you may be right, I'm going to wait until I actually have some guarantee of employment before I wear anything fun to an interview.  I'm still not convinced that it's risk-free, and steady employment is more important than asserting one's right to dress colorfully at an interview.

Plus, I wear the purple shirt with the brown-and-tan striped vest, the lighter brown tie, khaki pants, and the wine-colored jacket.  Why would I upset a winning formula?  :tongue

:p  Gotta mix it up sometimes, man! Okay, in that case, go with a royal, navy, or ultramarine shirt. Not quite as outrè as purple, but still a sophisticated look. Also remember to wear a lighter-coloured jacket in the spring and summer, and a darker/richer coloured one in the fall and winter.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2012, 07:33:33 PM »

I demand that you punch the calendar until you rectify this.  That is a tragedy, sir.

:p  Gotta mix it up sometimes, man! Okay, in that case, go with a royal, navy, or ultramarine shirt. Not quite as outrè as purple, but still a sophisticated look. Also remember to wear a lighter-coloured jacket in the spring and summer, and a darker/richer coloured one in the fall and winter.

I do not have anywhere near the funds to change clothes with the season.  Between coats, hats, vests, and ties...it adds up.  I have three hats, four coats, six vests, and four ties.  Half of the coats and vests are black-associated, while the other half are brown-associated--and I do not cross those streams.

(click to show/hide)

Aaand, I think that's enough derailing the thread to talk about my threads.  If we want to continue this one, let's move it to private messages.  Unless we want to include real-life pictures in each post.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline EjoThims

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • The Ferret
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2012, 07:38:14 PM »

:o :o :o

But from where do you get your free candy?

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2012, 10:33:38 PM »

^ this

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2012, 10:35:53 PM »

NOWHERE!

I demand that you punch the calendar until you rectify this.  That is a tragedy, sir.

How many times do you think I tried? I only managed to wreck some walls. And then people stopped lending me calendars.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Azremodehar

• *pop*
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2012, 11:04:16 PM »
On the topic of hats, here's me a few minutes ago, wearing what is currently my favourite hat:

(click to show/hide)

It's quite an excellent hat, considering I live in the tropics.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2012, 11:11:16 PM »
omg u live in hawaii  :o

luckies!

Offline Azremodehar

• *pop*
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2012, 11:16:26 PM »
omg u live in hawaii  :o

luckies!

It has its pros and cons. For instance, in my case I live in the rainforest, basically, so it's raining more often than it's sunny. 'Round here, we say there're four kinds of weather: about to rain, just rained, raining, and monsoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqVAuXF4pZ8&list=UUSN1Du8Lafe54SUgY4XDYsA&index=1&feature=plcp <--- if you'd like to see what the weather is actually like here, a lot of the time.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2012, 11:40:13 PM »
I luvs rain tho....