Author Topic: Titanic Creature  (Read 47590 times)

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
Re: Titanic Creature
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2013, 03:58:04 AM »
How would this work w a hengeyokai's animal form? Would the sparrow form jump from fine to medium+ , since its a class feature to become that size.
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2013, 11:29:47 AM »
Answering both questions at once, if you have some special ability that turns you into another creature with a fixed size independent of your usual size, titanic creature growths don't carry over to said other form.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2013, 05:36:45 PM »
That is a little problematic as the ability to change form into another shape with a fixed size comes from a race with a fixed size as well, yet titanic increases it.
Which form is the 'real' one that increases when they are all technically the real one? You chose which?
Also, if, say, a Dragon with Deceivingly Innocent Form at 1st level becomes Titanic and grows can it increase the DIF instead of the dragon form?

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2013, 05:37:56 PM »
That is a little problematic as the ability to change form into another shape with a fixed size comes from a race with a fixed size as well, yet titanic increases it.
Which form is the 'real' one that increases when they are all technically the real one? You chose which?
Also, if, say, a Dragon with Deceivingly Innocent Form at 1st level becomes Titanic and grows can it increase the DIF instead of the dragon form?

... why would you want  to increase the size of DIF? You can use the class to grab Monster Lord at no Feat cost. :huh

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2013, 06:33:55 PM »

Your "real" form is the one first described in your race rules.

And yes, it kinda defeats the purpose of DIF if you start making it grow.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2013, 08:09:49 PM »
Not really.
If your normal race is very small and you want to keep that smaller size form and also have a bigger one. Progressing DIF allows for bigger size potential than starting with the Small and smaller race.
Works even if your normal race is a medium or a long creature. Your DIF is a (tall) one. One might prefer to have a larger humanoid type creature than whatever form the normal race is. Especially one limited in appendages. Say, a brain in a jar.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2013, 08:23:58 PM »
The feat isn't called Deceivingly Innocent Form for nothing. It was created to allow monster players an easy way of geting a form that doesn't get too much attention in humanoid areas. Not to try to stack size modifications.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2013, 08:28:43 PM »
And for maintaining size bonuses, there's Monster Lord.

Now, if you're a Brain in a Jar, you naturally want to be huge. You'll get a Mindflayer cult following you.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2014, 09:04:31 PM »
Trample-  As a standard action, The Titanic Creature can move up to its speed and literally run over any opponents at least one size category smaller than itself. The Titanic Creature merely has to move over the opponents in its path; any creature whose space is completely covered by the Titanic Creature’s space is subject to the trample attack. If a target’s space is larger than 5 feet, it is only considered trampled if the Titanic Creature moves over all the squares it occupies.

Just noticed a distinct lack of damage dice.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2014, 01:33:17 PM »
Ups, fixed. :blush

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2014, 01:37:09 PM »
Ups, fixed. :blush

Also is it meant to be possible to up the size for Collapse/Tremor/Shockwave to ~5 miles by level 20? :lmao

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2014, 11:59:19 AM »
Sure!

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2014, 07:34:20 PM »
Catch Insect-You ignore cover and concealment from smaller opponents  for purposes of being able to make attacks of opportunity against them, and you can make an extra number of Aoos per round equal to your Con mod.

You appear to be able to attack things you can't see through rather large walls.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2014, 12:06:20 AM »
Well, to be technical, cover & concealment ARE different from Total Cover & Total Concealment. They're two (rather 4) separate conditions if I remember correctly.

The cover & concealment pages in the SRD have separate sections just for explaining their Total versions because of that.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:09:52 AM by ketaro »

Offline TC X0 Lt 0X

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • The TC Storywriter
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2014, 07:51:42 AM »
Might be best to just specify partial cover/concelament though.
Altho piercing Total Concealment miss chance would probably be fine, the issue is more ignoring walls.
Im really bad at what I do.
A+

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2014, 09:37:55 AM »
Send Flying-As a free action when you hit a melee attack (even if it isn't your turn), the target must make a reflex save with DC 10+1/2 HD+Str mod, taking a -1 penalty on the save for each size category they're smaller than you, or a +1 bonus for each size category they're bigger than you. If they fail, they're pushed 5 feet per point of failed save in a straight line in a direction of your choice away from you other than down and then knocked prone. If they hit an object or another creature that would block its movement, they both take 1d6 bludgeoding damage for each 10 feet it still had to move. You can pick this up to four times, each  extra time reducing the “cooldown” by 1 and gaining +1 to opportunity attack rolls, to a minimum of zero rounds cooldown. This movement doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity.

Mentions reducing a cooldown, does not list a cooldown.

Offline Rakoa

• No Problem
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2014, 11:58:26 AM »
Send Flying-As a free action when you hit a melee attack (even if it isn't your turn), the target must make a reflex save with DC 10+1/2 HD+Str mod, taking a -1 penalty on the save for each size category they're smaller than you, or a +1 bonus for each size category they're bigger than you. If they fail, they're pushed 5 feet per point of failed save in a straight line in a direction of your choice away from you other than down and then knocked prone. If they hit an object or another creature that would block its movement, they both take 1d6 bludgeoding damage for each 10 feet it still had to move. You can pick this up to four times, each  extra time reducing the “cooldown” by 1 and gaining +1 to opportunity attack rolls, to a minimum of zero rounds cooldown. This movement doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity.

Mentions reducing a cooldown, does not list a cooldown.

Size Matters: Starting at 2nd, the Titanic Creature picks one of the following options at each level. Unless otherwise noticed, each can only be picked one time and used once every 1d4 rounds, as the titanic creature recover its balance. Alternatively pick another from Bigger is Better.
The Paladin Code: Detect Evil, Smite it, ask questions later.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2014, 12:03:51 PM »
Oh yeah, forgot that.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2014, 12:05:22 PM »
Might be best to just specify partial cover/concelament though.
Altho piercing Total Concealment miss chance would probably be fine, the issue is more ignoring walls.

Giant creatures bust through walls in feats of dramatic destruction all the time to get the hero on the other side!