Author Topic: Spin-off OOC  (Read 94467 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: Spin-off OOC
« Reply #200 on: May 28, 2013, 06:38:56 PM »
Yes, who in the hell would be trying to tie me up? :O

Japanese Schoolgirls?

I don't recall them being good at tying monstrosities up. Seems more the other way around.

Other way around for pretty much everyone and everything, really.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 28, 2013, 06:44:35 PM »
Only thing that bugs me is that you are still limited by size as to what you can grapple.

You automatically lose an attempt to hold if the target is two or more size categories larger than you are.

That, and Size modifiers for Grapple.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 28, 2013, 06:49:35 PM »
The inability to overcome the size difference is annoying, yeah.

Also problematic is what I see happening at character level 10--Rotting Constriction automatically drains at least 1d6 Con, which isn't good if I want to have a healthy minion.

Alien Assimilation:At 6th level as a fullround action, the pseudonatural creature can insert mysterious fluids into an helpless/pinned corporeal creature it is grappling. The creature loses any number of levels of your choice and gains the same amount of levels of Pseudonatural creature (it cannot replace more levels than it originally had). It also becomes friendly towards you (unless it had more to begin with).  At your choice, it also enters a catatonic state and will wake up in 1d12 hours whitout memories of what hapened (but will still be instintively be friendly towards you in either form), in which case it will take some time time to realize its “new” nature. If it reproduces, the offspring will have one level of pseudonatural creature. Only a limited wish, wish or miracle can revert this process.

Also, I think I have just found THE tentacle rape ability.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 28, 2013, 06:57:49 PM »
Nah, Unnatural Spawn is still better for TR.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 28, 2013, 07:02:20 PM »
Well, they're both pretty good for it. Depends which kind you want to go for.

... this is going to raise so many questions when it first happens, because this way is probably less ridiculous than 'stabbed through the stomach without bleeding' or something. No matter how little description is used. @_@

So, I'm up to eight tentacles? That's +14 on grapple checks, with the racial +2. I've caught up to colossal size bonuses. :O

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 28, 2013, 07:10:31 PM »
Well, they're both pretty good for it. Depends which kind you want to go for.

... this is going to raise so many questions when it first happens, because this way is probably less ridiculous than 'stabbed through the stomach without bleeding' or something. No matter how little description is used. @_@

So, I'm up to eight tentacles? That's +14 on grapple checks, with the racial +2. I've caught up to colossal size bonuses. :O

When you start gearing, don't forget the Titan Grip Gauntlets (or whatever they're called). +8 enhancement bonus to grapple 3/day. For when you need that boost.

Anywho, you know your levels, your feats, and you have an idea for b/g.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 28, 2013, 07:30:05 PM »
So the team thus far is a glitch in reality with a side of tentacles and a giant many winged bird with his poltergeistesque buddy?

Is it safe to say that you guys have the ass beating/ damage dealing side of things dealt with and that some sort of utility would be superior to additional ass beating/ damage dealing?

It would be somewhat amusing to play my Oni build in a party where the Demon/Ogre dude is the most normal and least scary member by a considerable margin.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 28, 2013, 07:34:59 PM »
I'm not sure. Automatic activation? For 14k? Hm. Seems overpriced for a +8 bonus to exactly one type of check (you'd think Grappling would fall somewhere between +8 to a skill check's 6,400 and a +8 enhancement bonus's 128,000).

I don't just beat things up. With all my tentacles, if I somehow manage to get hold of a caster, that's a... I'm guessing about +90 to concentration checks, and inability to speak? :lmao

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 28, 2013, 07:53:45 PM »
So the team thus far is a glitch in reality with a side of tentacles and a giant many winged bird with his poltergeistesque buddy?

Is it safe to say that you guys have the ass beating/ damage dealing side of things dealt with and that some sort of utility would be superior to additional ass beating/ damage dealing?

It would be somewhat amusing to play my Oni build in a party where the Demon/Ogre dude is the most normal and least scary member by a considerable margin.

At this point, I'm somewhat assuming that Missingno would be with Regi and Arthur. Since too many of the people in that game are no-shows or slow-shows.

Also, Veres, when in his DIF, looks like a man with sharp nails and wings on his back. Unless he's flying, he is going to be holding the sets of wings close enough together that it doesn't look like he has 2-pair.
So he doesn't look all that threatening.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 28, 2013, 07:57:02 PM »
Missingno is probably going to look comparatively normal when not trying to murder things. Since, you know, DIF is a survival mechanism if your two forms are 'betentacled monstrosity' and 'even worse betentacled monstrosity'. Mindbreaking girl that sprouts tentacles and does horrific things with them is much better.

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: May 28, 2013, 08:03:45 PM »
Missingno/Regi/Arthur works nicely. I'll have to figure out how the "Pokémon God" will react to the "Pokémon Eldritch Abomination."

Hopefully being a giant rockmonster won't create too many problems/torch wielding mobs for the party but if it does, Regi has the Alter Form divine ability which should be able to create a less threatening appearance if necessary.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, my backstory currently has Regideus entering Elibe via a mysterious and unexplained portal. I wonder if Missingno had something to do with that?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 08:06:22 PM by Concerned Ninja Citizen »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 28, 2013, 08:07:52 PM »
EDIT: Now that I think about it, my backstory currently has Regideus entering Elibe via a mysterious and unexplained portal. I wonder if Missingno had something to do with that?

I can't make portals! D:

Though if Missingno's creation was involved, that'd be odd. @_@

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 28, 2013, 08:16:52 PM »
Don't answer that just yet. I'm sure Arthur would love to study the answer.  :D
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 28, 2013, 08:19:42 PM »
No matter how much you study Missingno, it won't help. :p

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 28, 2013, 08:22:54 PM »
I meant thinking with portals.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 28, 2013, 08:35:07 PM »
So, since Capcom, a third-party company, is allowed in the form of Doctors Blight and Waily...

Could I use my Spellwarped Cheese to create an insanely fast knight with a magic talking sword?
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 28, 2013, 08:46:17 PM »
Talking about portals?  That's going to be my background for Alan.  Yes, I'm still working on him, and I am making progress.  Got skills all allocated, equipment sorted, that sort of stuff.

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 28, 2013, 08:50:23 PM »
So, since Capcom, a third-party company, is allowed in the form of Doctors Blight and Waily...

Could I use my Spellwarped Cheese to create an insanely fast knight with a magic talking sword?

LA is not allowed so you'd have to use the Spellwarped Creature Monster Class which is not conducive to the combo outlined in your thread (speed has the same duration as the others and the bonuses don't stack in any case.)

If you wanted to be Sonic, however, the Anthropomorphic Animal class is probably the place to start. You can get some pretty ridiculous speeds out of the fast/faster/fastest line of abilities.

Then a level of Shadow Creature  will give you an additional +50% to your ridiculous speed. That would make you more akin to this anthropomorphic hedgehog but it is an option.

Paragon gets +50% speed at lv3, but you can't take both that and Shadow Creature, and 5 levels of Anthropomorphic Animal (which is what you need to get Fastest) by lv8. Going Paragon 3 would give you various other fun abilities and the class's flavor fits pretty well with Sonic.

I'm sure there's other speed increasing options out there but those are the ones that occur to me at the moment. Deadly Dancer is another very very fast monster class but I don't think even refluffing could make it work with the Sonic concept.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 09:11:27 PM by Concerned Ninja Citizen »

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 28, 2013, 09:44:31 PM »
Well, let's just remember where Sonic with the Shadow template leads.

And I REALLY don't want to play a fake hedgehog.

Also, stupid question- do the bonuses from Fast/Faster/Fastest stack?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 09:47:04 PM by Clanjos »
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 28, 2013, 10:00:24 PM »
Yes, the bonuses do stack.

And, fake hedgehog?