Author Topic: Day One - Compass Rose  (Read 25321 times)

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Epic Member
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
Re: Day One - Compass Rose
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2013, 02:34:06 PM »
Lancer studies the bloodstains in spirit form, then looks around for any suspicious characters

OOC:
Lore Assessment (4d3-8+3=1)
Everything is edible. Just that there are things only edible once per lifetime.
It's a god-eat-god world.

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,
And to the mercies of a moment leaves; The vast concerns of an eternal scene.

Offline Bozwevial

• Honorary Mod
  • Developing a relaxed attitude toward danger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2013, 02:40:49 PM »
(click to show/hide)
Homebrew Compendiums: D&D 3.5 4e/PF
IRC: #mmxgeneral on Rizon

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2013, 02:44:17 PM »
Laoise frowns at the command spell and the gauze. Not a wound, but an illusion? No, the blood seems real. She touches the back of her hand lightly, tracing the design. But why would someone want to do that? And how?

Lore (4d3-8+4=6)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 02:46:11 PM by Agita »
Please send private messages regarding board matters to Forum Staff instead.

Offline Bozwevial

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2013, 02:51:24 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2013, 04:17:37 AM »
Laoise whips her head around, looking up and down the street. Then, she quietly replaces the bandage on her hand and whispers to the air. "Run around the school yard and along the street and look for anyone who's not doing sports. If this happened recently, they've got to be nearby."

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Epic Member
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2013, 08:41:16 AM »
Lancer's presence fades as he spirals outward, feeling for any Magi nearby.

Lore Scan for Magi or Servants (4d3-8+3=5)
EDIT: That probably should be an Investigation result of 2 instead.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 08:50:24 AM by veekie »

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,

Offline Bozwevial

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2013, 10:51:11 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Though Lancer sees no trace of suspicious figures nearby, he does get a whiff of someone well hidden from senses both mundane and magical. The ripple is faint, but it feels quite powerful nonetheless - this is unmistakably a Servant. Evidently, however, it realizes its cover has been blown, an almost imperceptible feeling of surprise leaking out for Lancer to pick up.

"Got it, senpai!" Yamato's voice pierces the quiet as he drops the medical supplies on the curb with a crash.

"Careful. Don't break the medicine containers." The football club's captain, Daisuke Imai, appears a few steps behind Yamato, scuffed and dirty from practice but as calm and relaxed as if he had been meditating the whole time. He smiles at Laoise. "Good morning, Hannigan. I hear you've hurt your hand?"

(click to show/hide)

The presence vanishes almost immediately, but Lancer can tell it's not hiding nearby anymore.

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Epic Member
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2013, 11:00:08 AM »
Lancer instantly rockets back of Laoise, ignoring the duo, A Servant's work. And I couldn't sense it's presence until too late. Keep an eye out for Assassins. They know who you are.

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2013, 12:08:45 PM »
"Assa-" Laoise stops herself from saying the whole word by faking some kind of sneeze. "It's just a cut..." Trying very hard to act as if nothing at all was wrong, she squats down to open the first aid kit, obviously uncomfortable with all the attention. She catches herself half hoping that Yamato broke the antiseptics so she'd have an excuse to go inside the school building instead.

No such luck. With lightning fingers, Laoise pulls off her own bandage and soaks a new pad of gauze in iodine while hiding the back of her hand from the two boys as best as she can. Unnecessarily, she wipes the 'wound' down and quickly wraps it again in a fresh bandage. "Looks like it already closed again, anyway."

Deceit (4d3-8+1=2)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:17:27 PM by Agita »

Offline Bozwevial

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2013, 04:26:20 PM »
"Well, if it keeps giving you trouble, see the nurse." Daisuke tilts his head, peering at Laoise. "Oh by the way, Murakami, you can go back to practice now. Tell the upperclassmen to drag out one of the old goals and work on their penalty kicks while the younger students get some time in."

Yamato, looking excited at the chance to play (and more importantly, to boss around the older kids), hurriedly waves good-bye to Laoise and races off toward the field. Daisuke watches him go, then turns back to the girl and begins cleaning up the medical kit.

"Say, did I miss your brother, by chance? I was hoping I could ask him a few questions..."

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2013, 05:02:28 PM »
"He's sick." The words spill from Laoise's lips as if she had rehearsed them. After all, she did rehearse them, in her mind. "What questions?"

Offline Bozwevial

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2013, 05:40:32 PM »
"Oh. That's too bad. I wanted to talk to him about joining the club - we've got a lot of forwards, but we could use a good sweeper, and Aengus-kun has the right build for it." He chuckles sheepishly. "It's a little odd to say that, isn't it? I guess my tongue just isn't suited. Anyway, it's not like it's urgent - we haven't got a proper match for a while, so if he's interested, there's plenty of time to get some practice. I just thought that since our defense is a little too eager, we needed someone powerful who could counter..."

Daisuke goes on and on about football, a little too enthusiastically. To Laoise's eyes, he seems nervous, almost like he's trying to change the subject. He's definitely lying about the football club - or if he isn't, he's not giving away the more important issue. Daisuke and Aengus aren't the best of friends, but they're certainly close for two people who've known each other less than a year, and if Daisuke really wanted to ask Aengus to join the team, he ought to have done so by now. Besides, it's not something he'd normally talk to Laoise about in the first place, seeing as how she doesn't typically speak to him much at all.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 05:59:50 PM by Bozwevial »

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2013, 06:10:02 PM »
"I see." Laoise makes a number of generic noncommittal sounds while Daisuke talks, making no effort to appear interested. Perhaps just out of politeness, she waits for a lull in the captain's stream of words to interject, "And what did you actually want to ask him?"

Offline Bozwevial

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2013, 06:16:50 PM »
"Eh?" Daisuke's composure fractures a little. "What d'you mean, Hannigan? I'm not gonna ask to copy his homework, if that's what you're saying." He laughs, but it's a hollow laugh, and it's more apparent than ever that he's lying.

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2013, 07:59:43 AM »
"..." Laoise's answer is a cold stare. The girl passes a hand through her hair, as if to fill the awkward silence.

As a magus, it's true that Laoise is second-rate. But, that doesn't mean she doesn't have any advantages of her own. Most people assume that the flower in her hair is fake, but it's actually a real morning glory. She grows them herself, using some of her own blood as a catalyst. Channeling prana through it is easy - you only need to provide the power and charge its scent. Even if it's only a crutch, it's a useful one.

In this case... a sweet-sour smell, laced with anxiety and slowing the mind - making Daisuke more nervous and less likely to think through what he says. That should do it, she thinks.

Lore create advantage: Anxious Scent (4d3-8+4=1)

Offline Bozwevial

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2013, 09:02:53 AM »
Daisuke stares back at Laoise, the awkwardness of the silence growing. His eyes slip out of focus briefly, but a shake of his head and they're back to normal. The tension grows until Daisuke, now visibly sweating, sighs and hangs his head. "You promise you won't tell anyone?" he asks, voice quiet.

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2013, 09:30:19 AM »
Laoise looks to the side, continuing the silence but answering with a small nod.

Offline Bozwevial

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2013, 09:54:48 AM »
Oddly, her reassurance doesn't seem to relax the captain at all. If anything, he looks even more uncomfortable, and he's actually shuffling his feet like a young child. Finally, he blurts out, "L--look, I just thought maybe he--I mean some of the things he said, they made me think he was--well, it's not like it's wrong or anything, but I couldn't really ask, and this way I'd find out for sure, you know?" He looks desperately at Laoise.

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2013, 10:06:13 AM »
"...?" Loise tilts her head, with a confused expression that says she didn't understand one word.

Offline Bozwevial

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2013, 10:38:40 AM »
"If he wasn't that'd be fine, but it's important to me and I had to know and..." Daisuke trails off, face red. "In today's society, it's fine no matter who you like, right? So it's not any worse than if I were trying to find out about a girl!" He avoids Laoise's gaze, looking incredibly guilty.