Author Topic: Prologue: Bad Moon Rising  (Read 22355 times)

Offline jthurley

• Lurker
  • Become a Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Prologue: Bad Moon Rising
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2012, 09:38:37 PM »
Nigel looks up from his "Awful Offal" mixed beef platter to respond to Ironfist. "Did I say you were exaggerating? No. Did I in anyway imply your judgement as to what parts need to be purchases was in any way impaired? No. I just pointed out that fresh food was immediate and meaningful to the vast majority of the crew, whereas ship repair is not something that captures our attention. If we need an alternator, go get the money from the captain and buy one. It's in the budget. You need neither my approval nor my input to do so. I have in no way impeded this."

Nigel rustled around in his pocket and came up with a small roll of federation-emblazoned bills, peeling off enough to cover the meal even if River goes on to a third plate. "Take this, find a shop,  and buy the part. The captain can just pay me back for the part when she's paying me back for the food."

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2012, 09:59:26 PM »
River finishes her second plate. "I guess I'd better go with you to meet Rosso, captain. It's considered extremely unprofessional for a gnome to cheat another gnome."

River still remembered some things she had learned from her father, who had been an excellent smuggler and fencer. Though having several holes shot into his body had put him out of work, and six feet under.
Hmm.

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
  • Developing a relaxed attitude toward danger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 11:11:44 PM »
Benedict spears a stray mushroom on his fork, mopping up the last bit of sauce from his own plate. "That certainly doesn't hold true for lawyers. I used to know one who cut notches into his tie pins."
Homebrew Compendiums: D&D 3.5 4e/PF
IRC: #mmxgeneral on Rizon

Offline Childe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Even forever must end, I think. ...
    • View Profile
    • Legend RPG, Rule of Cool Gaming
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2012, 11:19:00 PM »
"Ironfist, go ahead and purchase what you need and get a start on the ship. Nigel, Benedict, one of you go with Ironfist. I won't have anyone sitting here alone if this get sour, and I need someone to keep an eye on the ship anyway while Ironfist busies himself with repairs. The other gets to come to the party." Noa looked at her companions and pushed around the last piece of chicken on her plate, without appetite.
"You had a tough day at the office. So you come home, make
yourself some dinner, smother your kids, pop in a movie, maybe
have a drink. It's fun, right? Wrong. Don't smother your kids."
- The More You Know

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 12:57:00 AM »
Once he's finished eating Ironfist goes off in search of parts, satisfied that he can at last do his job.  He doesn't wait to see who is going to get the short end of the stick and be stuck with him.

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2012, 01:13:40 AM »
Benedict stands up about fifteen seconds later, nodding to the rest of the crew and heading after Ironfist.

"The captain seems a little tense," he says, glancing back over his shoulder at the teppanyaki restaurant.

Offline Childe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Even forever must end, I think. ...
    • View Profile
    • Legend RPG, Rule of Cool Gaming
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2012, 02:47:48 AM »
Noa fiddled with her food a moment longer. She would keep the box's contents a secret until this deal was over. No use putting the crew on edge. No use inviting trouble.

"You guys ready?" she asked.
"You had a tough day at the office. So you come home, make
yourself some dinner, smother your kids, pop in a movie, maybe
have a drink. It's fun, right? Wrong. Don't smother your kids."
- The More You Know

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2012, 02:53:12 AM »
Ironfist nods as he leads the way to a parts dealer he knows.  "It wouldn't surprise me if this deal went sour, that's why I want to get everything fixed up now and not after it is over."

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2012, 09:09:30 AM »
(Group A: Noa, River, Rigel)

Her third plate finished, she patted her stomach contentedly. "Yes, Ready Captain!"
Hmm.

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2012, 07:28:40 PM »
"How long are these repairs going to take? An hour, half hour, less?" Benedict eyes the run-down parts store with mild suspicion.

Offline VennDygrem

• Honorary Mod
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2012, 09:19:58 PM »
(Group A)
The six-armed chef proceeds cleaning his utensils while the lone waitress of the establishment places the bill down on the table in front of your group. "Whenever you're ready, of course. Unless you're staying for drinks?"

(Group B)
A fairly rotund Human, sporting a build rather much like a dwarf, leers at the potential customers who have entered his shop. He lets out a hacking cough before reeling it in, and clears his throat. He calls over to you in a slightly broken accent. "You come to buy, yes? Only quality goods sold here. Best prices on all of Astronomos! You check!"

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2012, 01:14:03 AM »
Ironfist snorts.  "Yes, I have come to buy.  Come on Boris, I know it has been forever but you should recognize old Ironfist!"

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2012, 01:42:07 AM »
"I'll have to pass on drinks this time." River said. Her mind no longer focused on her stomach, she was ready to get serious.
Hmm.

Offline VennDygrem

• Honorary Mod
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2012, 07:55:06 PM »
(Group B)
"Ironfist? Is this you? Hah hah! I could not see you there. Get it? Because you are short! Hah hah!" Each time Boris laughs, his face seems to reach a new level of ruddiness.

"Is good seeing you, my friend. Where have you been hiding all this time? It has been long time since Lusseria!"

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2012, 08:11:58 PM »
"You get funnier every time I see you Boris," Ironfist claps him on the back with his less metallic arm and grins.  "It has been a long time indeed, I'm currently working on the Eclipse.  I see you've been doing well for yourself.  What can you do for me in the way of an aft alternator and a compression coil?"

Offline VennDygrem

• Honorary Mod
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2012, 08:22:39 PM »
(Group B)

"Eclipse, eh? I see name come up in docking manifest, but I know not this ship. Eh." Boris shrugs.

"So, you are coming to me for parts." Boris's expression darkens from jovial to deadly serious. "Perhaps you do not remember, you are owing me money from last time we do business. And then there is the interest.' The man who, just moments ago, was bellowing a big, hearty laugh now crosses his meaty, hairy arms. His eyes are trained on you, and nearly-forgotten memories bubble up to the top of Ironfist's mind with a vague haziness.

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2012, 11:40:09 PM »
Benedict snaps his fingers, eyes lighting up. "Boris! Ironfist, this is the man who sold you the M-38 Stiegson that melted into slag not an hour out of the station?"

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2012, 12:18:53 AM »
Ironfist nods.  "That would be Boris.  Perhaps you do not remember selling me bad merchandise Boris, and then there is the question of if it was on purpose..."

Offline VennDygrem

• Honorary Mod
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2012, 01:37:11 AM »
(Group B)
Boris looks coldly at Ironfist, holding the tension, until he suddenly bursts out laughing. "Hah hah! Is like old times! You know I can not pass up chance to bust balls. Please, come to back of shop, parts you seek are there."

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2012, 02:14:58 AM »
Ironfist laughs with Boris.  "Come on Benedict, Boris is an old friend and good people.  Let's see what he has for us."  He goes to inspect Boris' wares.