Author Topic: Old OOC Discussion Thread  (Read 38358 times)

Offline Michael Lightning

• It's the end of the world..... What's for dinner?
    • View Profile
Re: OOC Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2014, 06:25:48 PM »
How long would you say it'd take me to try to remove the rings? I'll probably wait to try to get to them until after they're taken care of, but that Ring of Water Walking would be quite useful considering where we are.

-edit-

being both elves, I kinda assumed. I'll keep to actually writing what language I'm speaking later.
~And through it all, it ends with a single flash of lightning~

Offline VennDygrem

• Honorary Mod
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2014, 06:43:10 PM »
26 feet should easily be enough to get you to the rear deck of the boat, next to the guards. The one facing away is a bit farther away than the one facing you, but close enough you can still see his head. You should also be able to attack. Which actions and options you have available depends on what you do, but you should be able to make it. However, you'll probably need to use both the bonus Dash and move to make it all the way up including the 10-foot move along the boat, which is, again, doubled due to difficult terrain. You'll have some movement left, however, thanks to your unarmored movement speed increase.

@Michael: Splint mail takes 5 minutes to get out of, and 10 minutes to get fastened properly on again. You could probably get it loose enough to retrieve the rings in about half the time.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2014, 06:52:19 PM »
Guess I'm only getting in three attacks, then. If I don't get the drop of them--since, even though this isn't assuming 'sneak around', it is happening in one go without warning. Which should mean surprise and getting the free round before we compare initiative. And I'll even focus on the near  >.>

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2014, 06:56:37 PM »
I knew taking Elvish was a good idea.

Offline VennDygrem

• Honorary Mod
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2014, 06:57:13 PM »
Yep, you can certainly assume you'll have surprise,  assuming no one makes too much noise leading up to your assault. Though it's funny that you're already getting ready for combat before everyone's even made a first post in the game thread.  :lmao

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2014, 07:00:04 PM »
I'm a monk-assassin. No equipment and supposedly safely tied up are my thing. Of course I'm attacking. <.<

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2014, 07:03:08 PM »
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3ve7dciby1r5i7ado1_500.png  In my defense I sort of look liek this, so my being a half-orc may not be immediately apparent

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2014, 07:05:31 PM »
You're a muscled, bearded guy who's apparently wearing a bear. I think that gives you the same treatment.

Offline Rin

• Now, count up your sins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2014, 07:09:20 PM »
Um, probably not going to get a post out tonight so just a heads up I guess.  Hopefully things won't progress too much, and I'll try and post tomorrow.

Offline VennDygrem

• Honorary Mod
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2014, 10:06:31 PM »
Don't worry, you'll get inserted into initiative once you roll, but everyone can post out of order for right now. Depending on how things go, this combat may not even last long.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2014, 10:11:50 PM »
Or last a while if we have rolls like that.

1/3 ki points remaining.

Offline VennDygrem

• Honorary Mod
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2014, 10:22:36 PM »
Gazzien: Escaping your bonds will take an action, so you can only really get one attempt in per round. Also, slipping free of them is going to be easier than bursting them with strength, so I'll say it's a DC 15. Still tough to do but within the realm of possibility.

Offline VennDygrem

• Honorary Mod
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2014, 11:23:28 PM »
Micheal: Just a head's up, but you don't add your ability modifier to spell damage unless the spell specifies that it does, or you have some other ability to add it as a bonus to damage (such as the Evoker's Empowered Evocation ability). Also, from what I can tell your spell save DC is actually 12 (8 + your proficiency bonus [2] + your Wisdom mod [2]). The guard still failed his save though.

Offline Michael Lightning

• It's the end of the world..... What's for dinner?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2014, 11:26:27 PM »
K, so I must've misread somewhere about adding 1/2 HD to it...... and yeah, I was checking for how damage works afterwards, so my bad.
~And through it all, it ends with a single flash of lightning~

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2014, 12:11:23 AM »
Gazzien: Escaping your bonds will take an action, so you can only really get one attempt in per round. Also, slipping free of them is going to be easier than bursting them with strength, so I'll say it's a DC 15. Still tough to do but within the realm of possibility.
Ah. I thought escaping would be part of a move. Ah well -shrugs- I can use that roll for my next round if you want.

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2014, 03:01:02 AM »
Wow, I go to work for 8 hours and the first fight is already halfway over XD
And yet somehow I win initiative.

Oh and I updated my sheet to reflect the magic items that I never actually put on there. 

Edit:  Would they have taken my Book of Shadows?  If so, is it "concealable" enough to have hidden it away somewhere? 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 03:49:19 AM by linklord231 »
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline VennDygrem

• Honorary Mod
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2014, 08:01:47 AM »
The Book of Shadows is a fairly large tome, and was confiscated along with the rest of your gear. Erenor can still feel its influence tugging at the edges of his mind, calling out to him from the dark. It must not be far.

You may have been able to hide your wand before though, if you roll well enough. Or perhaps all of your gear, including the tome, was in your Bag of Holding? In which case, that might have been concealable itself.

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2014, 12:55:27 AM »
Text in <> is telepathic communication.  It doesn't matter what languages you speak; as long as you speak a language you can understand it. 
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline Rin

• Now, count up your sins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2014, 07:35:00 PM »
If I screwed up or missed something important, please let me know. ^^;

Also going by my rolls, pretty sure Ginger's bag of tricks (and thus all her stuff) has been confiscated.  Oh well.

Offline VennDygrem

• Honorary Mod
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2014, 09:28:54 PM »
@Rin: Hmm, interesting use of Mage Hand! I'm going to say that will give you advantage on the Dex check to untie yourself, since you're no longer just trying to wriggle out from within, you've got a hand helping externally.