Author Topic: Adventure Search: Trapped in a "World" of Illusion?  (Read 2875 times)

Offline Necrosnoop110

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Adventure Search: Trapped in a "World" of Illusion?
« on: July 18, 2019, 10:11:19 AM »
I'm looking for adventures that have the PCs trapped entirely inside an illusion or dream. Not just an adventure the uses illusions per se but one where the PCs are held within a realm/location that is either entirely or largely not really real. Any suggestions welcome. 

ETA: Would be cool if there were impossible scene changes and the PCs would be granted temporary "powers" applicable to the scene.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 03:20:46 PM by Necrosnoop110 »

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Search: Trapped in a "World" of Illusion?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 01:21:27 PM »
When Black Roses Bloom for AD&D 2nd Ravenloft.

Like many Ravenloft modules, it is frankly not very good, and makes heavy use of heavy-handed railroading when the players deviate from the authors One True Solution, and wades a lot through Lord Soth's back-story.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 02:51:54 PM »
I've got one for a sci for game but nothing for D&D.

Offline Necrosnoop110

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 03:06:51 PM »
What's it called? I am nothing if not adaptive.

Offline Necrosnoop110

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 03:12:53 PM »
When Black Roses Bloom for AD&D 2nd Ravenloft.

Like many Ravenloft modules, it is frankly not very good, and makes heavy use of heavy-handed railroading when the players deviate from the authors One True Solution, and wades a lot through Lord Soth's back-story.
Thanks  :)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2019, 05:43:10 PM »

It's for a system called Abandon All Hope which I describe as a space prison in a hell dimension. Also the adventure is basically a choose your own adventure style to bypass character creation and the into adventure called The Program but it would not be easy to adapt.

Offline Necrosnoop110

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 09:25:33 AM »

It's for a system called Abandon All Hope which I describe as a space prison in a hell dimension. Also the adventure is basically a choose your own adventure style to bypass character creation and the into adventure called The Program but it would not be easy to adapt.
I'm still curious and at least want to check it out now, can you link it or name it? ETA: "The Program" thanks  :)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2019, 09:30:56 AM »

I'm still curious and at least want to check it out now, can you link it or name it? ETA: "The Program" thanks  :)

You're welcome!

Offline Necrosnoop110

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2019, 10:27:12 AM »

You're welcome!
How much experience do you have with "Abandon All Hope" rpg? Pros cons? Recommended?

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2019, 12:26:04 PM »
I've never found a group to run it for.

It's...weird. I like it conceptually, bit it's weird. Looks of random rolls, including for character creation, psychic powers will either be amazing or kill you, and it's a pretty lethal looking system.

If you have a group that's comfortable with running a game in a space prison in a hell dimension, and all of the adult themes that would entail, I'd say go for it. There's a 6? book long adventure path and it's one of the weird random games that I have and want to run.

I own a lot of weird random games.

If you want to get more in depth it should probably be moved to a new thread.

Offline Nanashi

• it means "he who has no name" in a foreign tongue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2019, 07:01:16 PM »
Skarda's Mirror?  Not so much an illusion as a place where things work a bit weird (Plane of Mirrors, but as a demiplane). There's a BECMI module I forget where the players have to go to an area perserved in time with the catch that time spent there flows much faster outside, but I can't recall which one it was.