Author Topic: Discussion & Feedback  (Read 30828 times)

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion & Feedback
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2012, 07:32:01 AM »
Ugh.  I hate dealing with tables.  :banghead   There's just no way to guarantee that it will look good on any particular screen.  Even my own, since, when I preview while editing, there's no user info on the side, so the preview window is wider than the final thread...

I mean, I could go back to the same style as MM's tables, but I just don't like how they look either.  I played with that table a little bit I didn't see a way to color the rows, and then I tried highlighting each row, but that looked even worse.

DAMN YOU TABLES!!!!! :shakefist

Yeah, they're annoying (which is why I didn't do tables in the first place, you know...).  I wouldn't worry about it too much.  You can't please every screen, so just make a decision and run with it.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline FireInTheSky

• Honorary Mod
  • "Insight is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2012, 04:43:55 PM »
I'm trying to post the Ritualist list, but I keep getting the message telling me the post is over 40,000 characters.  The problem is that Word is telling me that the post is 39,800 characters, including spaces.  I would really love to be able to get it into one post, but I'm not sure what to do...

Offline Garryl

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2012, 04:55:45 PM »
The actual character limit on the forums is a bit under 40000. A little over 38k or so, IIRC.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2012, 05:08:30 PM »
I'm trying to post the Ritualist list, but I keep getting the message telling me the post is over 40,000 characters.  The problem is that Word is telling me that the post is 39,800 characters, including spaces.  I would really love to be able to get it into one post, but I'm not sure what to do...
Just split it in half.  I'd like more room if I ever add more rituals.

Offline FireInTheSky

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2012, 08:44:40 PM »
All updated Ritual Lists are up in the Complete Rituals List thread.  I think now would probably be a good time to add an index to the beginning of that thread.

The only other thing I want to do is add a link for each of the Spell Rituals to their valid use list.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2012, 08:46:58 PM »
All updated Ritual Lists are up in the Complete Rituals List thread.  I think now would probably be a good time to add an index to the beginning of that thread.

The only other thing I want to do is add a link for each of the Spell Rituals to their valid use list.

You are awesome and I gave kudos.  Thank you!!

Offline FireInTheSky

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2012, 09:10:31 PM »
You are awesome and I gave kudos.  Thank you!!

Sweet!  You're quite welcome.

To Do:
Ritualist
Witchblood
Ritual Expert
Ritual Prophet
Ritual Warrior

EDIT: Valid Spell Ritual uses links are now in each of the class ritual list posts.  I'll see how I feel about whether or not to add them to the Lists By Tier.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 09:54:01 PM by FireInTheSky »

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2012, 09:33:03 AM »
OK, I've propagated those lists to their respective class threads.  I'll add a ToC to the master list shortly.  Whee for checking things off my to-do list!

Offline Garryl

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2012, 05:05:03 PM »
We need some more advanced rituals for the Redeemed. With no general rituals to fall back on, their list has to be, well, useful. Having only 3 options leaves much to be desired.

Allied Covenant: All allies within 30' emanation are linked. If damage would be taken by any linked ally, any other linked allies can instead divide it as they choose amongst themselves. If one or more allies would be subject to an effect that allows a saving throw, all allies make a saving throw against that effect and all use the best result. If an attack would be made against one or more allies, that attack roll is checked the best armor class amongst all allies.
Circle of Peace: Attacks cannot be made against or by creatures within 75'. Such creatures are immune to any new sources of damage, conditions, or penalties.
Ritual of Retribution: Attackers take the same damage they deal to you.
Zone of Life: 3 rounds after discharging, any dead creatures within the area are revived as per Resurrection.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 05:10:59 PM by Garryl »

Offline FireInTheSky

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2012, 12:25:42 AM »
We need some more advanced rituals for the Redeemed. With no general rituals to fall back on, their list has to be, well, useful. Having only 3 options leaves much to be desired.

Allied Covenant: All allies within 30' emanation are linked. If damage would be taken by any linked ally, any other linked allies can instead divide it as they choose amongst themselves. If one or more allies would be subject to an effect that allows a saving throw, all allies make a saving throw against that effect and all use the best result. If an attack would be made against one or more allies, that attack roll is checked the best armor class amongst all allies.
Circle of Peace: Attacks cannot be made against or by creatures within 75'. Such creatures are immune to any new sources of damage, conditions, or penalties.
Ritual of Retribution: Attackers take the same damage they deal to you.
Zone of Life: 3 rounds after discharging, any dead creatures within the area are revived as per Resurrection.

Percy, if you add these to the full list, I'll propagate them to the other lists on that thread, and then you can copy them into the Redeemed thread.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2012, 07:18:00 AM »
Sweet on both counts!  These have been added (barely creeping in under the character count).

Offline FireInTheSky

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2012, 11:16:07 PM »
Circle Master and Redeemed lists are updated.  I just have to finish adding them to the By Tier - Advanced list.

All lists are updated.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 11:54:40 PM by FireInTheSky »

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2012, 07:36:46 AM »
Awesome.  I'll update the Redeemed and Circle Master class lists.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 09:34:14 AM by sirpercival »

Offline FireInTheSky

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2012, 09:23:32 AM »
Awesome.  I'll update the Redeemed class list.

Also the Circle Master list.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2012, 09:35:28 AM »
Awesome.  I'll update the Redeemed and Circle Master class lists.

Also the Circle Master list.

Dunno what you're talking about... :whistle

Offline Garryl

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2012, 09:44:40 AM »
You kinda missed with Zone of Life, Sirp. It was supposed to be the anti-Zone of Annihilation, a one-shot effect that happens (once) 3 rounds after discharging.

If you want repeated resurrection, you can Good Hope a Call of the Undying Warrior, but that requires setting it up in advance. Also, it's a totally awesome thing that only the Redeemed can do natively. Should CotUW be bumped up to advanced tier?

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2012, 09:57:18 AM »
You kinda missed with Zone of Life, Sirp. It was supposed to be the anti-Zone of Annihilation, a one-shot effect that happens (once) 3 rounds after discharging.
  Oh, hm.  I see, the way you worded it led me the other way (obviously).  I'll edit to what you meant, that's better I think.

If you want repeated resurrection, you can Good Hope a Call of the Undying Warrior, but that requires setting it up in advance. Also, it's a totally awesome thing that only the Redeemed can do natively. Should CotUW be bumped up to advanced tier?
You mean, so they're the only ones who can do it at all?  That would take it off the Ritual Warrior list, since they don't get Advanced rits...

Offline Garryl

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2012, 10:27:28 AM »
  Oh, hm.  I see, the way you worded it led me the other way (obviously).  I'll edit to what you meant, that's better I think.

Eh? It's the same wording as Annihilation Zone.

You mean, so they're the only ones who can do it at all?  That would take it off the Ritual Warrior list, since they don't get Advanced rits...

Oh, yeah, forgot the Rit Wars only go up to greater. Well, just remember for future if you decide to revamp Expert and Warrior like you did Mage to go the full spectrum.

Speaking of which, why did you rewrite Ritual Mage to use minors and advanced as well? It was part of the Warrior/Expert/Mage trifecta of PrCs that gave you some ritual casting on top of advancing your existing non-ritual abilities. I never understood the need for a change.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2012, 11:04:23 AM »

Eh? It's the same wording as Annihilation Zone.
Oh.  Well, I'm just an idiot then.  Lol.

Oh, yeah, forgot the Rit Wars only go up to greater. Well, just remember for future if you decide to revamp Expert and Warrior like you did Mage to go the full spectrum.

Speaking of which, why did you rewrite Ritual Mage to use minors and advanced as well? It was part of the Warrior/Expert/Mage trifecta of PrCs that gave you some ritual casting on top of advancing your existing non-ritual abilities. I never understood the need for a change.
I added minors (which I need to add to Warriors and Experts too, I just didn't get around to it... I'll add it to the to-do list), but not Advanced.  None of the trifecta have Advanced.

Offline Garryl

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2012, 11:07:48 AM »
I confused the Ritual Mage with the Ritual Prophet. Never mind, then.