Author Topic: Weird as Hell Campaign [3.5, Recruiting]  (Read 26895 times)

Offline LordBlades

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: Weird as Hell Campaign [3.5, Recruiting]
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2011, 01:22:16 AM »
Really nice fluff for the gods  :clap

As for Abyss-Bound Soul, I was looking for some natural-weapon related abilities, like the one granted by Baphomet (double damage with natural weapons when charging) or Yeenoghu (+1 attack&damage with natural weapons).

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2011, 02:19:28 AM »
I'm still working on the others. And I'll get you your benefit tomorrow.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2011, 02:22:17 AM »
I'm thinking Marshal might be a better class for my background, and different since its a weird class
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground

Offline SneeR

• Legendary Member
  • Sneering
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2011, 03:08:27 AM »
While reading Kilnev, I kept thinking, "Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, Batman! It's the Killer Rabbit!"

To bad he isn't trapped in the rabbit form.  :lol
A smile from ear to ear
3.5 is disappointingly flawed.

Offline Soundwave

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science, it works.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2011, 03:03:22 AM »
Hail traveler! You look a mite thirsty, perhaps looking for adventure? Treasure perhaps? Or maybe something more? Ahhh... it is answers you seek.

Yet have you the questions? For example what of racial conflict?

Have you ever wondered why Dwarves and Elves have such enmity for one another? 

Come, stay awhile and listen.  I will tell you the story young one.

Long ago when the world was yet young and humans had yet to set foot upon the stage of life their were the Dwarves. First born of the forger Moradin, they were the foundation builders of the world. Through countless eons the delzoune toiled, the fruits of their labor left those countless millennia for us to behold.

Massive, impregnable, impossible structures that to this day still stand through the rigors of time. The assault of antiquity. The wear of the great wheel itself.

Long the dwarves of Moradin toiled until one age, few great works remained to be done.

Thus it was that the dwarves of old, hard working and industrious did come to take their first "vacation". While enjoying their well deserved rest from the wearying efforts of the countles millenia the dwarves came to find joy in making their lives more comfortable. Many, many artifacts  this age have come to be known as mere legends, yet i tell you now that every whisper of legend yet heard upon this earth has its basis in some kernal of truth long ago shrouded in the mists of time.

So it was that the fantastical achievments of these great people though small in stature did build larger and ever more grandoise structures then any mere mortals imagination could possibly comprehend. So large these structures were in every capacity that even simple bookshelves spanned countless cooridors their height near DOUBLE that of any dwarve yet born.

In their genius and newfound love for convieniance did the dwarves come to build what would be their most enduring creations, their most capable constructs, their most fancifal embodiment of leisure, grace and luxury that the delzoune race would evermore know.

These constructs of wonder who could move faster, see farther and reach the very tops of shelves to retrieve all manner of tool and device.

So it was the dwarves in their time came upon the first of their ancient enemies, Nature.

For you see nature did not like being carved, nor dredged, nor shaped, nature was wild and did so resent the machinations and ruinous crafting that the dwarves did visit upon the virgin soil.  Nature fought back.

In their calm, meticulous and industrious way the delzoune rose to meet the challenge of nature and fight back against the trees turned wild upon the land. For the dwarves had already constructed their perfect weapon. Their sword of damacles.

for you see the dwarves had bestowed upon their constructions life and in so doing the first Elves, living constructs came to be.

For countless ages the fight raged, each side seeking to gain territory against the other...but you see time was not to favor the delzoune kin. Their machines fought valiantly but in the end, in vain. Nature corrupted the servants of dwarvenkind turning their greatest weapon against the wilds of nature against their brethren and so it went until the far mists of time cause even this truth to fade from all, that is.... until now.[/i]

So there you have it young adventurer. The truth too impossible to remember, too offensive to acknowledge. I too was once an adventurer but now I spend my time working at the library, doing my best to pass along knowledge to those who would hear it.  Visit some time, I think you will find I have a great many stories to share.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to edit a sheet on the mythweavers site I had planned to post my character sheet after that initial fluff there and then follow with a character background. Any help on how I go about actually filling the sheet details out?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 03:12:56 AM by Soundwave »

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2011, 08:19:16 PM »
Yay, an opening for a place-deity! (Think Malfeas of Exalted fame.)
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline LordBlades

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2011, 12:21:23 PM »
So, any more news about this?

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2011, 01:06:55 PM »
I was waiting for the holiday rush to be over; once everyone gets back to this, we may continue.

Offline SneeR

• Legendary Member
  • Sneering
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2011, 05:11:10 PM »
Yes, the Holidays have swallowed me alive. I am currently making grapple checks at every opportune moment, but they seem to have a size bonus hanging over my head.

I am thinking of making a hobo warrior king who wears the skin of those he has beaten in combat (a time-honored tradition amongst hobos everywhere, so not evil; it is actually an honor to know that your skin will be worn by a grand hobo warrior, for you will forever be associated with them).

Is that too weird? I can leave that out.

Anyways, I am having trouble deciding whether to go pseudo-caster, sneak, or some flavor of "fighter."
A smile from ear to ear

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2011, 05:24:15 PM »
That is fine... after all, hobos are entitled their strange and mystical rituals, as befits a tribe so afflicted by wanderlust.

Offline Soundwave

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science, it works.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2011, 01:46:52 AM »
I could use a hand, that sites FAQ wasnt particularly helpful when it came to figuring out how to enter data on the character sheet :(

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2011, 06:32:22 AM »
Still recruiting? I'm interested. Can I join?
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2011, 01:38:48 PM »
I'm not recruiting anymore at the moment; sorry.

However, I will post if someone drops out...

Offline McPoyo

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2011, 07:23:43 PM »
I'm still in, just haven't had time to finish the sheet for the character yet.

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2011, 01:30:01 AM »
Ditto here; I'll finish it up some time over the next week or so for sure, but not able to specify past that. Asap, promise!
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline Soundwave

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science, it works.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2011, 01:39:45 AM »
oh for christs sake.... i just noticed *cough* ahem so Ill have my character sheet done soon.... I feel very silly for not understanding how to use it previously.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2011, 07:13:03 PM »
Me too!
- All Spells
- playground

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2012, 12:36:23 AM »
I guess this died :'(
- All Spells
- playground

Offline SneeR

• Legendary Member
  • Sneering
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2012, 12:50:01 AM »
Don't worry, the grasp of the holidays rapidly weakens! Prevail a fortnight longer, and I at least can put some real effort into this game...
A smile from ear to ear

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2012, 01:13:20 AM »
Good!
- All Spells
- playground