Author Topic: Have I Got A Job For YOU! - IRL Job Opportunities  (Read 1376 times)

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
  • "Insight is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    • View Profile
Have I Got A Job For YOU! - IRL Job Opportunities
« on: July 28, 2017, 09:09:59 PM »
(Bringing this back from the Storm-Shelter board...)

Hey Gang,

This forum is filled with intelligent and technically savvy people, some of whom may be un- or under-employed. Some people may also know of job openings available near them. Use this thread to post your job openings!!

Rules:
  • Since this is an anonymous forum, you may want to keep specifics about the job out of the thread, though that's up to you.
  • Only post job openings here. If you're interested in a job that's been posted, PM the person who posted it - don't reply to this thread. This is to prevent too much clutter.
  • If you post a job, and the job is later filled, please remember to edit your post to reflect that.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 12:21:22 AM by FireInTheSky »

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
  • "Insight is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    • View Profile
Re: Have I Got A Job For YOU!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 09:12:32 PM »
The company I work for is looking to fill 3 full-time positions (1 in our North Jersey office - just outside NYC, and 2 in our LA office). The positions are:
  • Inside Sales (LA office) - I believe compensation for this is not commission-based, just a flat salary, though I'm not positive. AFAIK, it's more about the generating / maintaining quotes and related paperwork working with the rest of the sales team, rather than explicitly drumming up new business (though this is not my area so I don't know for sure).
  • Electronics Repair (LA office) - For the most part, all in-house. Shouldn't require much travelling (especially not to start). Not sure whether it's salaried or hourly, but even if it's hourly, it will still be full-time.
  • Software Support (NJ office) - In house, help-desk type stuff (answering phone calls and emails, beta testing, etc). The software in question isn't your typical Mac or Windows all-answers-are-lmgtfy, but you're not expected to know it at the start.

All positions:
  • Full-time, whether salaried or hourly.
  • Medical/Dental insurance (currently non-contributory - the company pays all premiums - though this is, of course, subject to change)
  • 401k matching

If you or someone you know might be interested in one of these positions, please pm me. :)

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
Re: Have I Got A Job For YOU!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 10:23:21 PM »
Oh, Pa, Mi area

company looking for 90 ish people between about 5 facilities.

They want Industrial Experience on your resume.

a few positions for Operations types, button pushers n such. Mechanical / Maintenance is the bulk of whats available and Electronic / Electrical.

the pay is great, the bennies are good... the company is total crap.

pay ranges ~17 to 23 / hour to start and tops about around 30 not counting overtime adjustments and such.

pm me if you want to deal w. the devil...
The goal of power is power. - 1984
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow
The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga still sux.