Author Topic: Game: I Can Use That! (D&D)  (Read 95244 times)

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
Re: Game: I Can Use That! (D&D)
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2012, 07:54:58 PM »
Nineteenth Magic Item: A plaster statue that changes to a random color of paint every three hours.
"Finally! Something to keep up with my neighbor's stupid flashing Christmas light display, and, I don't have to waste electricity!"

Twentieth magic item: A silver ring that constantly emits a Magic Circle Against Evil focused inward when worn.
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.

Offline Kerrus

• Immovable Rods Kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 07:45:56 PM »
Nineteenth Magic Item: A plaster statue that changes to a random color of paint every three hours.
"Finally! Something to keep up with my neighbor's stupid flashing Christmas light display, and, I don't have to waste electricity!"

Twenty First item: A silver ring that constantly emits a Magic Circle Against Evil focused inward when worn.

"Once the rogue comes back from slipping the ring on the Lich's finger, we can finally melt down this Phylactery without him noticing!"

Twentieth Magic Item: Invisible Robes. They're only visible when nobody's looking at you.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 10:43:31 PM »

Twenty First item: A silver ring that constantly emits a Magic Circle Against Evil focused inward when worn.

"Once the rogue comes back from slipping the ring on the Lich's finger, we can finally melt down this Phylactery without him noticing!"

Twentieth Magic Item: Invisible Robes. They're only visible when nobody's looking at you.

"Finally, a functional nudist disguise! I was looking for that."

Whatever Number We're On: A key that doesn't fit any lock, even if the lock is designed to fit the key.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 10:59:17 PM »
"Great! A way to keep pickpockets out of my house."

Twenty-Second Magic Item: An amulet that turns your field of vision inside out without damaging perception in any way.

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2013, 07:51:17 AM »
Narcissus: "Now I can look at myself all day long with no fear of drowning!"

23rd Magic Item: A scroll of Move Curse. This spell affects the target with the effects of Remove Curse and affects the next nearest target (excluding the caster) with the identical effects as affected by Bestow Curse (no save). The scroll is then teleported into the possession of the newly cursed target rather than being destroyed.
My creations

Offline McBeardly

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2013, 02:44:40 PM »
Finally a way for my cleric of karma to spread the word

24th Magic Item: A knight's banner that loudly accuses its holder of horrible crimes that they did not commit.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2013, 02:49:16 PM »
Finally! A way to throw people off my true crimes!

25th Magic Item: A ring that lets you stand on your head perfectly balanced.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2013, 12:16:44 AM »
My breakdancing monk is now a reality!

26th magic item: A fall-apart table.  Speak a command word and it falls apart, then speak another one and it reassembles itself.

Offline Halinn

• Legendary Member
  • My personal text is impersonal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2013, 10:08:55 AM »
The perfect way to cover a pit trap!

27th magic item: The Auto-unloading Crossbow. Pull back the string and put a bolt in it, the bolt falls out and the string twangs back to normal.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2013, 10:30:23 AM »
Fantastic! A way to sabotage the enemy archers.

28th Magical Item: The Super-Perforated Spoon. Its holes automatically size themselves to drop whatever you put into it.

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2013, 01:21:12 PM »
Perfect for Apostles of Peace with a hobby for building model siege weaponry!

29th Magic Item:  The Non-Portable Hole - like the Portable version, except you can't move it.
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2013, 07:34:25 AM »
"Finally! I've been trying to get this pit trap built for months ever since the laborers went on strike!"

30th magical item: A +1 Flaming Burst Morningstar... with the handle enchanted instead of the business end.
My creations

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2013, 05:33:38 AM »
"Finally! I've been trying to get this pit trap built for months ever since the laborers went on strike!"

30th magical item: A +1 Flaming Burst Morningstar... with the handle enchanted instead of the business end.

The perfect way to stir cold coffee!

31st magical item: A Top Hat of Holding.  It can hold as many items as a normal bag of holding, but, when you reach in to retrieve an item, you have a 60% chance of instead pulling out a rabbit.  While pulling out the rabbit will not necessarily destroy the item you were intending to retrieve, the contents of the hat are subject to conservation of matter.  Only by successfully retrieving an item can you find out whether or not it still exists.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2013, 10:21:17 AM »
"Chicken Infested without the level of Commoner!"

32nd Magical Item: A +50 Colossal++++++++++ dagger... subjected to the Square-Cube law.
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2013, 11:54:27 AM »
32nd Magical Item: A +50 Colossal++++++++++ dagger... subjected to the Square-Cube law.
"Ah ha! An epic backup weapon for my hulking-hurler-warhulk-moon-thrower!"

33rd Magic Item: A pen that writes everything onto paper backward (mirror image) from how you wrote it.
My creations

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2013, 04:05:50 PM »
33rd Magic Item: A pen that writes everything onto paper backward (mirror image) from how you wrote it.

"So!  They thought they were oh-so-clever, checking my spellbook for Explosive Runes in a mirror!  Well, I'll show them!  I'll show them all!"

34th Magic Item: A mirror that shows you the possible consequences of an action...but only after you've performed it, and only after those consequences have been set in motion.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2013, 04:15:19 PM »
34th Magic Item: A mirror that shows you the possible consequences of an action...but only after you've performed it, and only after those consequences have been set in motion.

"Excellent! Now I can try and stop things before they've irreparably damaged my plans."

35th Magic Item: A ring of resistance that works only when you aren't being called upon to make saves.

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2013, 08:25:34 AM »
35th Magic Item: A ring of resistance that works only when you aren't being called upon to make saves.
"Finally, something to sell to that merchant who ripped me off! It will totally register as a Ring of Resistance when he identifies it!"

36th Magic Item: A pair of mundane looking buckets. Anything you pour into one will disappear from it and appear in the other. If the other one was already full, the contents will swap. The functions over any distance, so long as the buckets are on the same plane. Overfilling the bucket simply makes it overfill before swapping as normal.
My creations

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2013, 09:29:32 AM »
"Finally, something to sell to that merchant who ripped me off! It will totally register as a Ring of Resistance when he identifies it!"

36th Magic Item: A pair of mundane looking buckets. Anything you pour into one will disappear from it and appear in the other. If the other one was already full, the contents will swap. The functions over any distance, so long as the buckets are on the same plane. Overfilling the bucket simply makes it overfill before swapping as normal.

"Alright, barkeep; I'll pay you to pour a few mugs of beer in here every day at about 7.

Hehe, now running out of alcohol will be a thing of the past!"

37th Magic Item: A sword whose blade shatters to tiny little shards whenever it is wielded; their edges are blunt, so it makes attacks at -2. the blade reassembles when it is put down.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2013, 10:07:14 AM »
37th Magic Item: A sword whose blade shatters to tiny little shards whenever it is wielded; their edges are blunt, so it makes attacks at -2. the blade reassembles when it is put down.
"A short range, non-lethal shotgun for my Vow of Non-Violence character!"

38th Magic Item: Ring of Magical Aura. This is a magical ring that will give off a magical aura of a strength and school of your choosing, but has no other discernible powers. It counts against the total number of rings you are allowed to wear.
My creations