Author Topic: late Supermount speculations ...  (Read 1804 times)

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
late Supermount speculations ...
« on: January 17, 2017, 05:14:15 PM »
I was doing some scrounging

Tamer of Beasts prc is 3.0e, but has a CL based # of HD for Animal Friendship.  If there was some way to tack this onto SirP's caster level loop.  Not at all a supermount, rather trans-editionaliy in the ballpark.  And it's SirP's loop that would (could?) power it.  Unless someone has a new-ish less well known decent CL loop to throw at it.
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=6321.0

Epic Paladin's Mount can take Epic Leadership feat, picking another Paladin = loop , like The Big Guy Is With Me or KellK's Shards of Leadership ideas.  This is the core + srd supermount.  Since the Mount can work with Leadership and Animal Companion, it gets started sooner.  The power up has little to do with the supermount idea itself, just the kick off time.
Beastmaster 4 prc can get a 2nd AC going, since the above version doesn't need much.  This particular part is rather weak and relies on other things to make it good.

Bloodlines, with previous interpretations to PLZ's handbook, can count in ways PLZ would immediately protest (and rightly so given his handbook and his supermount).
Faith Scion prc in UA/SRD counts for both Paladin's Mount and Animal Companion.  Works best with Bloodlines, already mentioned as sketchy, and just as a garnish to a build.

Imbued Staff is in DMag and not on realmshelps.  Turns the Wizard's staff into a familiar.  That's a perfectly usable target for the Psychic Weapons Master prc (and maybe the soulknife-y PsyWar thingy), which gets a new thing over onto a supermount, recovering some of the normal familiar things lost to going Imbued Staff.  I'll put a gold star on my kitty avatar's Tail  just to drive it a little more nuts than it already is.  The PWM prc is quite a diversion of a build from supermount, OK when it happens, bad caster before.  Only really useful thing is to go Planar Vanguard prc to have a Supermount Demi-Plane.  { edit --- or Big Guy Is With Me, or both }  Since it's available to magic weapon mods and separate magic staff type mods, I'll call this a winner if comparably sucky up until boom happens).  If supermount based mount and ac stuff can be squeezed specifically onto the Imbued Staff and not the other ways, then it'd be more like a traditional supermount, with a long pause.  I think I can get the Epic Paladin loop going along side most of this one.  I think I can ...

Spell Sovereign prc has a batch of previous threads around here.  Wiz 5 Changeling sub, is a key.  Add in loose-ish bloodlines onto Uncanny Trickster 2 and Legacy Champ 3, and you've got a 7th level living spell booping around.  Could go SirP's CL loop on this one, which might be awesome.  Feat based supermount stuff can be offhandedly added.  Could drop down to 6th level spells, and fit in 3 levels of trad supermount classes ; or down to 5s with 6 levels of trad supermount.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 04:57:56 PM by awaken_D_M_golem »
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Re: late Supermount speculations ...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 12:48:16 PM »
Tamer of Beasts prc is 3.0e, but has a CL based # of HD for Animal Friendship.  If there was some way to tack this onto SirP's caster level loop?
Probably not. Per 3.5 CAr, requires and prerequisites involving a caster level use your fixed or class level and it feels like that should apply. Maybe you could do a class loop using Sublime Chord since you're already off into Epic levels.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
Re: late Supermount speculations ...
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 06:12:22 PM »
Tamer of Beasts prc is 3.0e, but has a CL based # of HD for Animal Friendship.  If there was some way to tack this onto SirP's caster level loop?
Probably not. Per 3.5 CAr, requires and prerequisites involving a caster level use your fixed or class level and it feels like that should apply.

Yeah I wasn't all that hopeful about this part.  I put it on total ignore (until our robot overlords have 10^6 more computation power to throw at it).

Maybe you could do a class loop using Sublime Chord since you're already off into Epic levels.

Had not considered that.  The underlying Druid or Wiz build can generally be Tier 3 -ish, with a Paladin base quite worse.  I was figuring on doing "class boosting"  ;) much later.
Your codpiece is a mimic.