Author Topic: (At Least) One Feat A Day  (Read 45895 times)

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
Re: (At Least) One Feat A Day
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2014, 11:15:20 PM »
Rapid Advancement [General]
You learn more quickly than your peers.
Prerequisites: Level Adjustment
Benefits: Reduce your level adjustment by one.
Special: This feat may be taken multiple times; each time, reduce your level adjustment by 1.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2014, 09:06:37 PM »
I felt challenged, so you get math!

Scalar Strike [Fighter]
Your attacks have exceptional damage capabilities.
Prerequisites: Int 13, Weapon Specialization
Benefit: Whenever you make an attack with the weapon for which you have Weapon Specialization, roll 1d6. If you roll an odd number, multiply the damage bonus from Weapon Specialization by half the value you rolled, rounded up. If you roll an even number, take the damage bonus from Weapon Specialization to the power of one-half the value you rolled.
Special: If you have Greater Weapon Specialization, add 2 to the value rolled for this feat.

Terrible Strength [Fighter][Epic]
Your attacks have a potential to deal egregious amounts of damage.
Prerequisites: Scalar Strike, Strength 31, BAB +20
Benefits: Whenever you use Scalar Strike, increase the order of the hyperoperation by one step.
Normal: Weapon Specialization doesn't have a chance to give you +65536 damage It just doesn't.

Terrible Strength is extremely unbalanced. But hilarious.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2014, 11:32:19 PM »
Endow with Pact [General]
You are able to grant someone else a limited degree of your own power.
Prerequisites: Knowledge (The Planes) 15 ranks, Eldritch Blast 6d6
Benefits: You may, as a ritual taking 1 hour, grant another creature Eldritch Blast 1d6 and the use of one of your Least Invocations for 24 hours.

Iron-Dipped Fists [General]
You sealed your Hands chakra with molten iron, which was imprinted with raw essentia as it cooled.
Prerequisites: Hands Chakra, Con 15, Must be a stone-cold badass.
Benefits: You gain a slam attack dealing 1d8 damage for a medium-sized creature; you may embed any Warforged component that would modify a slam attack. In addition, your hands are entirely immune to Fire damage, allowing you to pull of such stunts as reaching into lava and retrieving a dropped ring.
Special: This feat is considered to be a Soulmeld permanently bound to your Hands chakra for all intents and purposes.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2014, 08:41:37 PM »
Life Is But A Dream [General]
Your gifts that aid in dreams also apply to the real world.
Prerequisites: Dreamtelling, Wis 13
Benefits: You may treat events that happen while you or the creature experiencing them are awake as if they were dreams for the purposes of your Dreamtelling feat, drawing prophecy from pomp and circumstance.

Oracular Mastery [General]
You can tell the future in the tossing of leaves and the roaring of waves.
Prerequisites: Life Is But A Dream, Knowledge (The Planes) 12 ranks
Benefits: Interpreting your own dreams and experiences only takes a number of rounds equal to 30 minus your Intelligence modifier, and interpreting the dreams of others only takes an addition 10 + 1d10 rounds.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2014, 11:36:12 PM »
The King is Here [General]
Your presence is so great, you foil any divination that targets you.
Prerequisites: Charisma 23, Character Level 9th
Benefits: Upon taking this feat, craft a phrase of up to 25 words; whenever you are within the area of, or are the target of, a scrying effect, they instead receive that phrase (visual scrying will return the image of it written on a sheet of parchment or carved in stone; sound-based scrying will return a whisper or shout of that phrase, and so on and so forth.) In addition, whenever an effect would let a creature ask questions about you with a certain chance of getting a correct answer, they instead receive your phrase, even if this would exceed the limits imposed on the effect.

Finally, anyone attempting a Gather Information check against you must beat the normal DC by your Character level + your Charisma modifier, or only receive your phrase, carried on whispered lips straight to them.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2014, 05:53:33 AM »
SO, trying to scry upon Chuck Norris only gets you Chuck Norris facts?

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2014, 04:36:08 PM »
Yes.

And extra yes.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2014, 10:36:59 PM »
Expanded Hateful Training [General]
Your training against your hated enemies is far broader than usual.
Prerequisites: Favored Enemy
Benefits: Select two of your Class skills; the bonus to skills against your Favored Enemies also applies to those two skills.

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2014, 10:40:44 PM »
perform (soliloquy)
craft (taxidermy)

:P

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2014, 10:51:28 PM »
Craft (Underwater Basket Weaving)
Perform (Tea Ceremony)

Yes, Perform (Tea Ceremony) is an actual Perform subskill. It is a thing. And I love it.

(For laughs, mix it with Weaponized Song, Hymn For A New Age, or Venemous Lyrics. You sip your tea, someone else falls over from the arsenic.)

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2014, 10:39:40 PM »
Heartbound Adornments [General]
For some, jewelry is simply a form of adornment; you, however, have figured out how to bring out the virtue in otherwise mundane metal and jewels.
Prerequisites: Craft (Special) 9 ranks
Benefits: Whenever you create a mundane object with a valid Craft skill (see the Special section), you may choose to create it as a Heartbound Adornment. Heartbound Adornments gain an appropriate bonus from Table 5-2 (Magic of Incarnum pg. 110 - 111); for example, you could grant a ring any of the options under the Hand chakra, a shawl any benefit under Shoulders, and so on and so forth. If the object is Masterwork, you may grant the item an additional option from that list; if you do so, selecting the same bonus twice causes the effects to stack.
Mundane objects crafted this way do not prevent Soulmelds from being bound to that Chakra, but they do prevent you from wearing a magic item or another Heartbound Adornment that would fit in the same slot.
Special: Valid Craft skills for this feat are any that would be used to create jewelry or clothing; armor, shields, and weapons cannot be Heartbound Adornments.

(click to show/hide)

If anyone wants, I could figure out some feats that upgrade these things.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2014, 09:58:19 PM »
Battlemage's Edge [General]
You definitely have an edge on the competition when it comes to hurting other people.
Prerequisites: Weapon Focus, Warmage Edge
Benefits: You may add the bonus from Warmage Edge to the damage of any attack you make with a weapon for which you have Weapon Focus.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2014, 11:14:47 PM »
Themed Manifestations [Psionic]
Your powers fit better into a theme, shaped by your subconscious mind.
Prerequisites: Manifester Level 3rd
Benefits: Choose a theme for your manifesting, such as "Ice", "Fire" or "Eyeless Things That Squirm In The Dark"; all the Displays for your powers now adhere to that theme. For example, a Psion who chooses Fire as their theme might create a thin layer of ash as a Material display, or might cause the faint scent of burning as an Olfactory display. Due to the tight theme of your Displays, the DC to identify your powers and to determine how many powers you have active simultaneously increase by 5.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2014, 10:28:33 PM »
Flaring Sorceries [General]
You barely hold back an amazing arcane power.
Prerequisites: Charisma 17, able to spontaneously cast Arcane spells, at least one Reserve feat.
Benefit: You may calculate the benefits of your Reserve feats using your Charisma modifier instead of a given spell level.

Offline EdroGrimshell

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2014, 12:45:47 AM »
Flaring Sorceries [General]
You barely hold back an amazing arcane power.
Prerequisites: Charisma 17, able to spontaneously cast Arcane spells, at least one Reserve feat.
Benefit: You may calculate the benefits of your Reserve feats using your Charisma modifier instead of a given spell level.

Want!

That is all.

Well, sorta. This essentially lets a sorcerer pull a warlock, which is damn useful IMO. I have a love of Reserve feats as it is, so this is something I'd want all the time just because of that.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2014, 09:35:20 PM »
Child of Gears [General]
Your body is at least part machine, whether due to a weird concordance of Mechanus or because a particularly cold day froze your heart.
Prerequisites: Any non-chaotic.
Benefits: You may heal due to Repair spells as if you were a Construct; however, you halve any healing you might get from Conjuration (Healing) effects. Instead of a heartbeat, your body emits the mechanical grinding of gears.
Special: You may ignore the "Must be 1st level" prerequisite of Grandfather Clock Heart.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2014, 11:13:18 PM »
Aura of Luck [Luck]
You can manipulate the ebb and flow of luck at an unconscious level.
Prerequisites: Any 2 Luck feats
Benefits: You may apply the effects of your Luck feats to any creature within 30'; for example, you could use Tough to Kill to prevent an ally from dying, or use Dumb Luck to treat an ally's saving throw roll of 1 as a natural 20.
Special: You gain 1 additional luck reroll per day.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2014, 10:51:30 PM »
You guys want some flaws? Of course you do.

Haphephobia [Flaw]
You hate being touched. By anyone.
Benefits: Your allies must make touch attacks to target you with touch spells; in addition, you take a -2 morale penalty to all d20 rolls except Escape Artist checks while being Grappled or hugged.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2014, 10:33:54 PM »
Bulwark of Flesh [General]
Your flesh has become hard due to your training; your skin can break steel against it.
Prerequisites: Unarmored AC bonus, Con 13
Benefits: The AC bonus from your Unarmored AC bonus is based off of your Constitution modifier instead of your Wisdom modifier; in addition, you gain DR 1/-.
Special: A Monk may select this feat as their bonus feat at 1st level.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 04:50:57 PM by Amechra »

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2014, 09:15:11 PM »
Boosted Rager [General]
You've adapted to heavy use of your innate combat techniques.
Prerequisites: Rage, Must know at least one Boost.
Benefits: While raging and not in any stances, double the duration of any Boost with a duration other than "Instantaneous", "Special" or "Until the end of the round"  you use. In addition, any Boost with a duration of "Until the end of the round" changes that duration to "Until the end of the next round."
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 04:52:26 PM by Amechra »