Author Topic: Action thread: Group 1  (Read 12658 times)

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
  • Organizations are imaginary.
    • View Profile
Action thread: Group 1
« on: April 07, 2012, 12:48:48 AM »
Action thread: Group 1

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 01:55:01 AM by MetroMagic »

Offline ieatfood7

• View Profile
Re: Action thread: Group 1
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 09:55:50 AM »
Vir1 and Sheerak1 look around, staying invisible.

(click to show/hide)

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 12:35:20 AM »
Group 1

(click to show/hide)

Vir1 steps through Sheerak’s Gate into the location marked with a 1 on the map, and as the Gate winks out, immediately everyone (except the parrots) pours out of the Bag into battle ready positions in the air, flying as planned.

The location looks about as expected from the map. You are in a cramped corridor with rocky rubble piles along the walls. The floor is blocks of polished stone, but crazed with cracks. The walls have carved designs. The ceiling is rough and uneven, fifteen to twenty feet high, with large chunky depressions in it.

Ror1’s demolitions target is a few feet up the corridor to the north according to the combat map; you’re almost exactly at the point to place the explosive charge.

The air is still, no movement whatever.

Vir1 senses Magic all around in the 30ft of corridors visible. Ror1 senses the same, for 60ft to the extent that much corridor is visible. Their senses do not penetrate the corridor walls. Both sense that a Spell just triggered. The Detect info on the Link allows Ror1 and Halt1 to recognize an Alarm Spell, via Spellcraft.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:29:37 PM by MetroMagic »

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
  • "Insight is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 02:01:49 AM »
Ror1 replies to what Ror2 put on the Link.  I agree.  We don't have either Walls in front of us, but I suspect that if we headed toward the auction area, we'd find them.  Luckily we (Group 1) aren't going in that direction, so we can execute our plan as intended.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 09:14:55 AM »
"Want me to scout ahead, Ror?"
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline ieatfood7

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 10:48:51 AM »
Vir 1 I can go with you if you want help scouting for traps and stuff.

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 12:57:09 PM »
Halfaz1 and Vir1, that sounds good.  Actually, while I'm setting the demolitions, why don't you two scout up the tunnel towards the Auction Block?  Don't go too far.  Sheerak1 and Halt1, do you want to scout a little ways down the tunnel into the Warrens?  Tanatou1, stick with me, just in case.  Nobody go too far.  Put everything on the Link.  If there's trouble, Earthglide into the walls, and head back towards us.  Oh... And, keep an eye out for Forbiddances!  Ror1 starts placing the demolitions.

EDIT: In the pairings of scouts, one person in the pair should probably be Earthgliding in the wall next to the other scout.

EDIT EDIT:  I just remembered that all but 1 of Ptolemaeus's copies are in a doggie bag for safekeeping, and the 1 remaining is in group 10, so I took him out of this post.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 06:38:58 PM by FireInTheSky »

Offline ieatfood7

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 02:24:57 PM »
Vir6 Sure thing.  I'll be staying topside for better searching.  You can do the same or not, as you like.  He darts along, looking for traps or antyihng else and keeping an ear open, but careful not to read ANYTHING. 

(click to show/hide)

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 11:56:58 PM »
Group1 strings out along the corridor from north to south as they take charge of their tasks.

Vir1 and Halfaz1 move a little less than 30 feet up the corridor to the north, and it widens out. A heavy column, exquisitely carved, is poking out of the rough ceiling and comes to the floor in a broad circle of stone. They squeeze by on the left as the corridor veers that way to avoid the column, and within another 30 feet or so they come to a flat, smooth stone wall blocking their way, not carved, where a T intersection should be that would lead to the right and then into the auction area. The smooth wall looks like the ones group 2 and group 6 put on the Link. There is no sound or movement of air; the dead end is perfectly still as they turn around and return.

Without any difficulty, in the middle of the group Ror1 gets his tasks done exactly as planned while Tanatou1 stands guard: Ror1 finds a long fracture line in the stony ceiling… there are several to choose from… and sets the charge with gum in it, and in him, ready to blow at his thought.

To the south, Sheerak1 has already been actively Searching and Listening; she flies off down the corridor deeper into the warrens and within about 60 feet comes to a sharp bend to the left where she steps forward into the wall, following Ror1’s suggestion, as Halt1 keeps watch down the corridor in that direction for any surprises. Her good Listening is amplified inside the stone, and she hears faint scrabbling noises, the first anyone has heard since they arrived. Direction is hard to discern. As agreed this information goes on the Link.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 09:58:50 AM »
Halfaz1 replies through the link: "All clear up to this wall. When you're done, call us and we'll regroup."
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 10:31:34 PM »
Vir1 and Halfaz1 have just squeezed past the heavy column on their way back, and are still about 20 or 30 feet from Ror1, who has finished placing the demolitions charge, when they hear a rumble of rock back at the smooth stone wall some 30 or 40 feet north, just as Star warns them on the Link. With a belch of dust, three creatures erupt from the floor and one from the ceiling… Umber Hulks! They can see the one that came out of the ceiling does indeed have a tendril sprouting from the top of its head and is two or three times the size of the others. The creatures are disengaging themselves from the rock, clambering out of the holes they burrowed, wriggling to shake arms and then legs free. The first Umber Hulk free from below starts advancing out of a blue-gray dust cloud of pulverized stone at the end of the corridor, slavering its corrosive green spittle which drips sizzling onto the rocky floor.

To the south, Sheerak1 has plenty of warning with her Tremorsense, assuming she is standing on the ground to use it; the faint scrabbling noises rapidly become rumbles in the floor and ceiling as the monsters run at the party, clawing their way through the rock. She manages to jump out of the way as a shower of rock pelts down from the ceiling, and the truly horrid, huge Umber Hulk with the tendril swings down to face Ror1 and Halt1 as it hangs upside down from the ceiling, as two more of the other type rear halfway out of the floor and begin to climb out between the leader and Ror1 at location1, as advance troops. The leader’s dangling back is to Sheerak, apparently fully focused on the location where Ror1, Tanatou1, and Halt1 stand, just beyond its two companions coming out of the floor.

Sheerak1 has a surprise round on the leader. In addition the entire party has a round to act before the Umber Hulks are upon them.

As agreed this information goes on the Link.

(click to show/hide)

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 05:15:48 AM »
(click to show/hide)

How much of the explosives have been placed for a reasonable expectation of cave-in?  How much does Ror1 have leftover?

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 05:16:37 AM »
Sorry for the double post.  That roll should have had a +5 on it for a total of 16.

EDIT:  I just re-read to see that Ror1 finished placing the explosives.  So ignore that question.  The second question still stands though (how much left over?).

EDIT EDIT:  As a free action, Ror1 discharges the Circle of Good Hope / Spell Ritual: Greater Mirror Image.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 05:34:11 AM by FireInTheSky »

Offline Debatra

• Kaedanis Pyran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 07:19:19 AM »
Initiative:
Rolled 1d20+7 : 20 + 7, total 27
Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 12:33:23 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Halfaz1 suggests through the link: "Master Ror1, what do you think we fade into the rock leaving our foes to handle the blast? After that we come back to kill the ones still moving."

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 07:16:00 PM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 07:34:22 PM by MetroMagic »

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 09:01:47 PM »
(click to show/hide)

I think I'll say that RorO has all the leftover demolitions

Halfaz1 suggests through the link: "Master Ror1, what do you think we fade into the rock leaving our foes to handle the blast? After that we come back to kill the ones still moving."

Sounds good to me!

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 07:56:36 AM »
Halfaz1 comes closer the Ror1 and gets ready to phase into the rock, but he will only do it when everyone of his allies did it or will do it simultaneously.

Offline ieatfood7

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 10:41:46 AM »
Sheerak 1 takes full advantage of the surprise she has on the enemy.  She wishes breifly that Vir hadn't talked her into giving all her rituals to those birds as a simple one or two would have been nice to use now.  Nevertheless...

She attacks the lead Umber hulk......[I am uncertain how far away I am, so will post two sets fo actions for the surprise round, as well as my immediate action for the moment Sheerak's turn is over ]

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

The moment the Sheerak turn in the surprise round is done, Sheerak 1 attacks with her Iaijutsu attack, taking all her attacks of opportunity (15) against the lead Monster as an immediate action wihtout him having provoked it.  This should occur during the surprise round still, thoguh if not, it heppens are the very start of the first round before anyoen moves (monsters are still flat footed).  If it dies (and another enemy is within 5 feet of her attack range) she will finishe the attacks against the other foe (along with a free cleave attack and free 5 foot step).

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 02:30:48 PM »
(click to show/hide)