Author Topic: [nWoD] ""Sniper"" Mortal  (Read 3181 times)

Offline Bard

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Medium sized Lemure
    • View Profile
[nWoD] ""Sniper"" Mortal
« on: July 15, 2012, 06:21:48 PM »
So.. I'm trying to get out a decent character for a campaign that uses nWoD rules in a Delta Green-like setting (since the original CoC rules were beyond bad, the group decided to use nWoD rules even tho I don't really see how they're not bad anyway)
Most of the party is either military or ex military and mine is an ex Scout Sniper. As such I'd like to keep him close to the "One Shot, One Kill" motto, except that it doesn't look to me like it's something possible with nWoD rules. And there's no house-rules ofc.
As it is now the other two military members of the party using gun dual-wield and combat marksmanship (Armory) multiple attacks per round do waaaaay more damage in a round than me. Plus to get any kind of bonus I meet to waste a round aiming. It's driving me insane.
Most of the "precision" damage bonus actually REMOVE dices or need you to stand still for 3-4 rounds... god, shooting 3 times with a weapon does +1 dice of damage, shooting twice with two of the same weapon does twicee ahhhrg... sigh.
Please. Help.

dit: I just noticed I possibly posted this in the wrong forum D: Can someone please move it since I can't seem to be able to delete it? :|

« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 06:54:02 PM by Bard »
"Playing the first 6 levels in D&D is like watching the story intro at the beginning of an action/disaster movie: it's boring and the shorter it is, the better."

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
Re: [nWoD] ""Sniper"" Mortal
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 07:44:37 AM »
Looks like the right forum to me.
Please send private messages regarding board matters to Forum Staff instead.

Offline Bard

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Medium sized Lemure
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 08:22:56 AM »
Looks like the right forum to me.
Oh well.. I thought it should have been in Gaming Advice, but I guess not then ;D
"Playing the first 6 levels in D&D is like watching the story intro at the beginning of an action/disaster movie: it's boring and the shorter it is, the better."

Offline Scottzar

• +1 Mouthpick Dentures
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 03:42:57 AM »
Get the armoury. It is essential to any combat heavy nWOD game.
Sniper fighting style lets you get weapon dice bonus = auto damage on hits with it's capstone. The style in general makes rifles extremely powerful.
I'll be honest with you though, if your team-mates have decent optimisation you will be useless outside of long range.
Assume that any rules statements I make are under full RAW.
Common sense, game balance, or an enjoyable experience need not apply.