Author Topic: The Small Rants Thread XII: The Folly of Life  (Read 180134 times)

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
Re: The Small Rants Thread XII: The Folly of Life
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2018, 07:47:54 PM »
So I go into docs for follow up and get asked if I'm on antibiotics and I say "No, why?"

"Attending ER physician suggests your right foot has gangrene.  Let me see it."

*checks foot*

"This is not infected.  Your chest x-ray is still unavailable did they mention it?"

"No."

"I'll be... chatting with them tomorrow and then I'll give you a call.  You seem bruised but otherwise ok."

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 23, 2018, 09:24:58 PM »
On the upside it sounds like your doctor remembers you and gives a shit which is more than I can say for most of the ones I've had.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 29, 2018, 08:00:07 PM »
So...

3rd informed me that not only did the bosses friend file charges of harassment, but the boss left them on her desk for everyone to read.  Which they did.  And they solicited my coworkers to file statements about me.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 30, 2018, 01:09:43 AM »
So...

3rd informed me that not only did the bosses friend file charges of harassment, but the boss left them on her desk for everyone to read.  Which they did.  And they solicited my coworkers to file statements about me.

Well that's illegal.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 30, 2018, 06:25:37 AM »
So...

TIL Bhu is a guy.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 30, 2018, 08:56:20 PM »
So...

Well that's illegal.

Chatted with bosses boss about it today.  She advised me in future as far as bosses friend goes to document her and approach boss to cover myself, and then approach her when boss does nothing.

hen she called back 20 minutes later.  Asked if Id farted in post on Friday.  This segued into a bunch of other stuff and we were on phone for an hour before she asked if I was home or working.  Told her I was home and had extensive notes, call anytime.  She seemed a bit more pissed this time around so I know she confronted boss.

I expect tomorrow to be fun.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 31, 2018, 05:27:41 PM »
So...

Well that's illegal.

Chatted with bosses boss about it today.  She advised me in future as far as bosses friend goes to document her and approach boss to cover myself, and then approach her when boss does nothing.

hen she called back 20 minutes later.  Asked if Id farted in post on Friday.  This segued into a bunch of other stuff and we were on phone for an hour before she asked if I was home or working.  Told her I was home and had extensive notes, call anytime.  She seemed a bit more pissed this time around so I know she confronted boss.

I expect tomorrow to be fun.

Good luck!

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 31, 2018, 06:14:57 PM »
That all totally blows chunks  :p

I "finished" changing my oil ... after too many stabs at it.
Turns out what I was doing wrong was too long to detail.
The emission controls that replaced the old PCV valve, were
creating a vacuum that required an impact wrench to loosen.
And rebooting the software.  Which wasn't in :
the owners manual , the Chiltons manual , or the shop manual.
It was buried in a tsb, buried in a pdf, buried in the shop web site.
etc
 :banghead
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 01, 2018, 12:17:56 AM »
The Heron is growing rapidly, Before long he'll be big enough to poop like a man.

I get to work and see a blank statement form with my name and no one has any idea what it is, though one officer is kind enough to say he's prolly suing the company because his shift partner is an overt racist. I call bosses boss and she says she has no idea, so I call the boss. She says "You involved my boss so I need a statement for her." K_ refuses to speak or listen to me. She also refuses to switch places so I have to call boss and document it because I need to leave post to avoid urinating myself. My bosses boss calls to speak to K_, who suddenly reappears:

"It's for you."

"Who is it?'

"Bosses boss."

"Whats she want?"

"Dunno."

You fucking liar!"

This bodes well for the rest of the day. They have aa short conversation, and suddenly shes willing to switch and I tell her I already left, and not to worry boss and her boss know. She says "You tell (bosses boss) a lot of fucking shit don't you?" and storms out. I then get a call telling me we're no longer on fire watch (no one told me we were on one). I call bosses boss and explain things are not well adn she says "You know what? Go ahead and send that statement. And do one for today too." While I'm gone K_ abandons post twice to fetch client vehicles, which could have been avoided had she called me. 3 employees who arent present log out and end shift. Someone used the phone to watch Jackass 3.

A light switch upstairs blows when i click it, and due to inventory the doors I lock for access control get unlocked by client. I try to explain these things to K_, but she won't look at or speak to me, and storms off again. I needed to tell her to lock doors for her round. She returns and goes right to her car to smoke. Eventually I get to lock doors and return to "So you basically fucking lied on a company document?" I try to explain I tried to tell her earller and she yells over me "I ain't your fuckin' boss, I don't need to hear or speak to you!" She then storms out again and refuses to return till shift change or acknowledge my existence. For which I am truly thankful.

Offline Keldar

• Legendary Member
  • What's this button do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 01, 2018, 01:27:42 AM »
Sounds dreamy! 

I had a violent sneezing fit on Saturday.  Wrenched the hell out of my neck and back.  Bad enough to have more trouble sleeping than usual.  Still hurts like a Mothra-fracker. 

From sneezing.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 01, 2018, 05:46:35 PM »

The Heron is growing rapidly, Before long he'll be big enough to poop like a man ... <snip>

Ouch.
And ouch.

I had a violent sneezing fit on Saturday.  Wrenched the hell out of my neck and back.  Bad enough to have more trouble sleeping than usual.  Still hurts like a Mothra-fracker. 

From sneezing.

Ouch.
You're in good company :  Billy Crystal , Me , and Sammy Sosa who was on 'Roids at 235 at the time (106 kg + all time homerun hitter).
Get well soon.
Chiropractic might help.
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 05, 2018, 09:44:42 PM »
HR visited, apparently there's a massive clusterfuck on 1st to deal with.  We've all been told essentially 'stfu and get along or we'll start writing you all up till you're fired'.  Boss created new rumor by replacing the pass on book with on from another security company.

Or we've been bought out.

Offline Psysama

• Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dnd-wiki.org
« Reply #192 on: August 06, 2018, 09:47:31 PM »
The dress code up at work is changing again.  I work at a veteran's center in the dietary department and for some reason the administration has had the idea that dietary needs to wear solid black scrubs (we used to wear navy blue shirts and jeans/pants).  My problems with this is the veterans I am helping take care of are of the generation where wearing solid black was associated with going to a funeral (some of them come to our facility and get better... I don't think I need to finish that statement) and a lot of these veterans are Vietnam vets and black was the color the Viet Cong wore.  Another thing is I have to buy these scrubs with my own money, to which administration says that nursing buys their own uniforms too (they get paid 3 or more dollars an hour than dietary does, so they can afford it).
Signature here.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 08, 2018, 12:42:40 AM »
you have to buy your own uniforms?

Offline Psysama

• Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dnd-wiki.org
« Reply #194 on: August 08, 2018, 09:30:57 AM »
you have to buy your own uniforms?
Yes and scrubs aren't cheap.  Just for one set cost me $26, and I plan on buying them one set per payday, otherwise it's going to really hurt financially.
Signature here.

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 10, 2018, 04:32:21 PM »
My computer has been crashing at random for over a year now. No errors logged besides sudden power loss, and it restarts on its own afterwards. I've already replaced the power supply and did a full wipe in case it was a software issue (which it shouldn't have been since there were no errors logged, but why not, it was due for a cleanup).

I don't have the money for this shit, and this computer is where I make said money. I'm racing an invisible countdown before this thing just plain dies, and the cheapest computer repair place wants $200 to even diagnose it (which I guarantee they won't find an issue during, since it has no errors and happens at random)

My only clue so far is that the power loss seems to happen more often when I'm playing games, although that could just be my own perception because time passes faster while gaming.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 10, 2018, 07:15:28 PM »
Do those games crash at random to desktop, is it a bluescreen, or what?

I've been having a similar problem, always games, pretty much every time they're Steam-installed. I've had no issues with (most) pirated games, anything on GOG.com, or Japanese RPG Maker style games...
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 10, 2018, 07:38:59 PM »
I'm a computer guy and can remotely diagnose things with the magic of the internet if need be.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 10, 2018, 09:09:55 PM »
My computer has been crashing at random for over a year now. No errors logged besides sudden power loss, and it restarts on its own afterwards. I've already replaced the power supply and did a full wipe in case it was a software issue (which it shouldn't have been since there were no errors logged, but why not, it was due for a cleanup).

My only clue so far is that the power loss seems to happen more often when I'm playing games, although that could just be my own perception because time passes faster while gaming.
Sounds like a heat issue honestly.

Power it down for a few hours then crack it open and wipe all the dust away. Pay special attention to the fans and any intended open areas, consider moving it if needed but don't leave the case open thinking it'll help since some cases are designed to create wind tunnels. You may need to replace a fan, not because it don't spin, but because it doesn't spin fast enough.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 11, 2018, 10:39:38 AM »
I'm a computer guy and can remotely diagnose things with the magic of the internet if need be.

What can I do for you in exchange for such a huge favor?
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.