Author Topic: Steampunk campain (ironclaw)  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Triskavanski

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Steampunk campain (ironclaw)
« on: November 13, 2011, 11:57:59 PM »
I'm getting ready to do an Ironclaw campaign here soon on tuesdays, and as I'm a hardcore fan of making stuff up, I'm rejecting their realty and substituting my own. In otherwords I'm homebrewing a campaign myself.

The Idea is that its a steampunked world (well truthfully, more of an Arcanapunk as things are powered with magic, not steam) and the PCs are going for making an airship or something along those lines. Early on, I'm probably going to railroad a bit, as its a new system for me and for them, but later I want to give them nearly open freedom.

IS there anyone familiar with the system here? I could use some explanations of combat or any other homebrew stuff people might have come up with. (This is squaring the circle btw, or IC 2.0)

Or perhaps people who could come up with little tidbits for the city the PCs are in.. Ishanra. Basically its a port city with airships coming in and out and a huge criminal element. Pirates are very common and its one of the cities that celebrates pirates rather than runs them out. The Mayor (don't have a name or race for him yet) was a pirate before becoming the mayor.

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Epic Member
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
Re: Steampunk campain (ironclaw)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 01:57:26 AM »
Don't know the system personally, but setting wise, if its a pirate port, I doubt relations will be very good with the neighbours. Do they have some means to deal with that?
Everything is edible. Just that there are things only edible once per lifetime.
It's a god-eat-god world.

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,
And to the mercies of a moment leaves; The vast concerns of an eternal scene.

Offline Triskavanski

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 02:36:10 AM »
Who do you mean? The city folk or the PCs?

As far as the city goes, the pirates are a little.. unusual I guess you would say. They aren't like jonny depp pirates, a little bit closer to one piece pirates actually. Biggest issue they have, is that almost everyone there is a pirate, and as Ishanra isn't just any port city, but one of the largest port cities in the setting. Due to it being more of a pirate port, as opposed.. to.. Vensu, it has more open trade routes with less red tape.

Vensu operates on the same continent, but is operated by the foxes. The typical fox in this setting while crafty and sly, is also all about paperwork and contracts. If you want to compare them with someone, they would be the Marines. Most of their ships and airships end up being contracted out, getting essentially small companies in Vensu to build them their ships.. while the pirates of Ishanra either purchase custom jobs from the big companies there or craft them out of wrecked parts in the scrap yard. Ishanra has the largest scrap yards in the setting.

Now in this world, Pirates tend to generate a lot of respect and oddly they do very little actual piracy, mostly they just harass the 'marines' who organized specifically to stop pirates. Which of course begs the question of "would there be pirates here if there wasn't marines?" Who knows.

(And yes, I just did make almost all of that up as I posted. But hey, it helps create the world still :D )

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Epic Member
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 09:37:31 AM »
Hmm, you might want to redefine the terms pirates and marines here then, since I think I may be completely missing the point...
Everything is edible. Just that there are things only edible once per lifetime.
It's a god-eat-god world.

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,
And to the mercies of a moment leaves; The vast concerns of an eternal scene.