Author Topic: Optimized LeShay  (Read 2401 times)

Offline Rakoa

• No Problem
    • View Profile
Optimized LeShay
« on: July 13, 2013, 09:47:46 PM »
I'm looking at playing a LeShay in an upcoming campaign, and I wanted to see what you guys could come up with to make a nice, optimized LeShay using (of course) Oslecamo's class. We're starting from level 1 (so ideally the build will be useful at all levels), and using a 32 point buy. Given that the class progression is basically predetermined, I'm looking for mainly stats, feat selection, and some possible combos and strategies.

Thanks guys!
The Paladin Code: Detect Evil, Smite it, ask questions later.

Offline DavidWL

• View Profile
Re: Optimized LeShay
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 01:14:19 AM »
Random Thoughts:

Note that they only have D6 HP.  If you could take Faerie Mysteries Initiate from Dragon Magazine, that would greatly help with attribute dependancy.

Charming Eyes - you can use this often.  See a person/monster moderately far away?  start off with this - use it on the leader, maybe the whole encounter is moot.  It is a little stretching, but at higher levels if SR becomes a problem, you could use Supernatural Transformation on one of the Spell like abilities

Twin Slash:  Slippers of Battledancing are also good, when you can afford them - any way to add CHA to damage or to hit would be nice, especially since you'll have so many attacks.

LeShay Weapons:  A flexible +1 is very useful ....
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870158/The_3.5_Weapon_Special_Abilities_thread
+1 =
- summon large elemental once/day (for example)
- spell storing
+2 =
- metalline (I vaguely remember a thread that listed lots of interesting metals, included one that was automatically poisonous).

Eternal magic:  Notice that they can alter self at 3rd level HD per day!

I don't know if your DM would go for it, but if you could use Arcane Strike, you'd be golden, as you have lots of attacks, but need a way to get more damage (and there are lots of spell like's to give up)

Planar Touchstone -> Catalogues of Enlightement - Mysticism Domain - Luck to saves level rounds once per day helps buff saves sometimes ... might not be worth a feat, however.
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=4369.0

Attune Magic - someone nearby casts wish to improve their ability scores, and you benefit as well ...

Best,
David
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 01:16:15 AM by DavidWL »

Offline Rakoa

• No Problem
    • View Profile
Re: Optimized LeShay
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 04:50:58 PM »
Thanks David, these are some pretty great tips. I never thought about Slippers of Battledancing (or heard of them, the name made me laugh) but they are brilliant for this class and must be obtained. The interesting ways to use floating weapon enhancements is also incredibly helpful. Alter Self, I'm sure, has a great many ways it can be exploited. Actually, I think there is a handbook out there for just that purpose.

Thanks again!
The Paladin Code: Detect Evil, Smite it, ask questions later.