Author Topic: "I'm sorry, this is MY jurisdiction. LEAVE!" [3.5, Base Class]  (Read 2305 times)

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
Fatebringer
(click to show/hide)
[/url]   
I will not raise a finger to harm you; it is unnecessary, as your death is scheduled within the minute.

Ahh, I am getting instructions to remove you myself. Very well.

Fate binds us all inexhorably, except for those who are deemed "Fate-less", those who would defy the fated courses of their lives.

Fate, understandably, does not like this, so they send out agents to bring Fate to those who dare buck it.

MAKING A FATEBRINGER
You equalize the battlefield, as you never truly need to roll a single die.
Abilities: Wis>Con>Dex>Str=Int>Cha
Races: All races produce Fatebringers; a Fatebringer is all races, as well.
Alignment: Fatebringers cannot be Chaotic, as the deliberate shucking of the proper order of things is hateful to them.
Starting Gold: 100 GP
Starting Age: As Barbarian.

Class Skills
The Class Name's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are....
Skill Points at 1st Level: (x + int)x4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: x + int

Hit Dice: 5.5 HP a Level (10 at first level.)

Level
Base
Attack Bonus
Fort
Save
Ref
Save
Will
Save

Special
Altered Fate Pool
1st+0+0+0+2Deterministic Fate, Favored Fate, Shield of Fate-
2nd+1+0+0+3Warrior of Fate 1d6-
3rd+2+1+1+3Assume Fate1
4th+3+1+1+4-2
5th+3+1+1+4Warrior of Fate 2d64
6th+4+2+2+5Take on History (1)6
7th+5+2+2+5-8
8th+6/+1+2+2+6Warrior of Fate 3d610
9th+6/+1+3+3+6-12
10th+7/+2+3+3+7Take on History (2)15
11th+8/+3+3+3+7Warrior of Fate 4d618
12th+9/+4+4+4+8-21
13th+9/+4+4+4+8-24
14th+10/+5+4+4+9Warrior of Fate 5d6, Take on History (3)28
15th+11/+6/+1+5+5+9-32
16th+12/+7/+2+5+5+10-36
17th+12/+7/+2+5+5+10Warrior of Fate 6d640
18th+13/+8/+3+6+6+11Take on History (4)45
19th+14/+9/+4+6+6+11-50
20th+15/+10/+5+6+6+12Warrior of Fate 7d655
Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: A place to put the different proficiencies.

Class Ability (Ex): At Xth level a class name...

Class Ability (Su): At Xth level a class name...

Class Ability (Sp): At Xth level a class name...

PLAYING A CLASS NAME
 Brief description on how to play the class you are designing.
 Combat: Here's a section where you will describe common combat methods for your class. Remember to include information on how your class will use his powers in combat.
 Advancement: This is a section on different options and paths that the class can go down when they advance in power.
 Resources: What resources might a member of this PrC be able to draw on..

CLASS NAME IN THE WORLD
"A quote of somebody else talking about your class!"
-name of quote originator
A brief description of how your class is persevered in the world and how he interacts with the world.
 Daily Life: Some general information about the typical day in the life of your class.
 Notables: Make up some cool information about notable figures in the history of your class. It's best to give a little information from one of the good alignment and evil alignment (unless it's a good or evil only class).
 Organizations: Some information about organizations dedicated to the practice of your class and other organizations which members of your class will be attracted towards.

NPC Reaction
 This is an in detail description of how NPC's would perceive your class and the immediate generalization that people would give of your class.

CLASS NAME IN THE GAME
 This is a good place to provide a quick note on how your class will effect game play statistically.
 Adaptation: This is a place where you put in detail how people can adapt your class into their campaign setting.
 Encounters: This is a place to describe what sort of encounters PC's will have with NPC versions of your class.

EPIC CLASS NAME

Hit Die: dx
Skills Points at Each  Level : x + int
Class Ability
Class Ability.
Bonus Feats: The Epic Class Name gains a Bonus Feat every x levels higher than 20th

WORK IN PROGRESS! I need ideas for fate themed class features.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline TravelLog

• Gunslinger, Descendent of Eld
    • View Profile
Re: "I'm sorry, this is MY jurisdiction. LEAVE!" [3.5, Base Class]
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 12:54:10 AM »
Ideas:
--Locking in d20 results beforehand, starting around 10, then eventually higher as he levels. Alternately, setting a floor on d20 rolls, such that every two levels it goes up by one until at level 20, the lowest he could on any given roll is an 11
--Doing the same, but in reverse to enemies.
--forcing an enemy to perform a particular action type or forgo one (as in: you must spend your standard action before your move or swift actions next round, or something like that).
--1/year cursing someone to take their next X levels in a class dictated by the the character, even making Wizards take fighter levels or worse, Samurai levels.
Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be.
--Miguel de Cervantes

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 01:19:41 AM »
Just for terminology, I tend to prefer "declaring" to "locking in" rolls.

Other fate ideas include:
  • Revivify: The hero was not fated to die here.  His rest will come later, when he has played his part.
  • True strike: The blow that slays the dragon king is fated to occur.  It will occur.
  • Augury and similar effects: Fate is already written.  And you know what is fated.
  • Dimensional anchor and similar effects: This battle is fated.  It shall not be avoided so easily.

And so on.  I'll post more ideas if I have them. 
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 01:24:51 AM »
Well, Deterministic Fate forces you to take 10 on all d20 rolls... with bonuses as you level, until you get to pick a single type of roll that is always, automatically a natural 20.

I know, I know, always critting and always triggering Vorpal? And my response is:

It is the freaking capstone! It should be awesomely good!

I do like your suggestions, both of you; though, DonQuixote, log out now and go do your class work.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 01:32:31 AM »
Bah.  Just because I have to give a presentation tomorrow on a research paper that I haven't even begun to write, you assume that I need to be doing class work!

Edit: Hah!  Halfway done!  And I hadn't even read some of these sources before a few hours ago.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 06:21:53 AM by DonQuixote »
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline TravelLog

• Gunslinger, Descendent of Eld
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 01:59:29 AM »
If it makes you feel better about it, we weren't asking.  :shakefist

Other ideas:
--Forcing eventual fates to occur early. Mountains collapse and are eroded, metal rusts and turns to dust, limbs wither and die, trees grow to majestic heights, etc.
--Exchanging the fate of one creature or object for that of another (transferring beneficial or harmful active conditions, extending to death at high levels)
--prolonging or contracting fate (altering the duration of conditions)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 02:06:18 AM by TravelLog »
Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be.
--Miguel de Cervantes

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 08:44:16 AM »
This class = AWESOME, and seems like it fits thematically with what I'm doing with Nullblade, as sort of a Yin/Yang complement (destiny vs nihilism).
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.