Author Topic: Invisible Sun: Monte Cook's New KickStarter Project/Mystery Box  (Read 2804 times)

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fantasy and Gaming Blog
Link.

There's not much specifics on the game so far, but it seems to be going for an urban fantasy with Gnostic themes of an illusory world hiding THE TRUTH from people.

He's also heavily cribbing notes from 90s White Wolf in the Purple Prose department.

The game proposes mechanics for handling metagame things, like what happens if a player can't show up to today's session. Their PC fades into The Darkness or something for a limited time.

Anyways, here are the three big things which caught my attention:

1.) The backer levels are insane. $197 at the lowest, $5,000 at the highest. The game's funded already, but it really is a thing for rich nerds.

2.) The Mystery Box and all its goodies, including a miniature statue of a grasping hand to hold cards at the gaming table (RPG has card-based resolution).

3.) Higher level backers will gain exclusive access to setting and metaplot secrets that other players will not.

Offline Maelphaxerazz

• Respect: over 9000
    • View Profile
Re: Invisible Sun: Monte Cook's New KickStarter Project/Mystery Box
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 04:36:16 PM »
Quote from: Kickstarter
1,846 backers pledged $664,274
That's a lot of money. Averages to $360 per backer. The fact that Monte succeeded in drawing this level of financial support is considerably more interesting than the game itself, in my view.