Author Topic: Olympians of Conquest (O.o.C.)  (Read 54331 times)

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
Re: Olympians of Conquest (O.o.C.)
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2013, 10:20:18 PM »
NoNW= Necklace of Natural Weapons

Offline ariasderros

• Honorary Mod
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2013, 10:30:28 PM »
EDIT: Arias, NoNW + Sizing = ??
= Warshaper+

But, for it to work on Pegs, you'd have to have it on all 4 hooves.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2013, 10:36:01 PM »
EDIT: Arias, NoNW + Sizing = ??
= Warshaper+

Why? There's no differentiation between the hooves in the thing, and honestly it's far more likely that only the front hooves are used for attacking.  But basically you're saying that it would cost 20k, hm?

Might be worth it... lol.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2013, 10:38:17 PM »
Quill, here's a cool build for you:
Thaumurai 13 // Factotum 5 / Ritual Expert 4 / Ritual Prophet 4

You're the Oracle at Delphi! (You could also sub out Factotum 5/RExpert 4 for [Full BAB Class] 5 / Rit. Warrior 4

Thaumurai is Cha based so Witchblood might be a better entry to ritual prophet. Would also fit well with the Oracle's flavor.

EDIT: Or you could use the Thaumurai equivalent of that feat that I always consider and then decide against when I'm making a nullblade. That would let you focus on Int which is probably a better idea than Cha.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 11:16:00 PM by Concerned Ninja Citizen »

Offline ariasderros

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2013, 10:48:16 PM »
Thaumurai is okay as far as the class, however the invocations are subject to approval. As are any feats you take that are intended for Paladins.

I'm not even going to try to go through the Rituals stuff unless someone actually says they are interested in it.

EDIT:

FRICK. I keep forgetting to say these things.

@ Fire: Yes, Phasing arrows are okay, just fluff them as being arrows designed to be shot with such force they go through stuff.
Also, Aasimar have Darkvision as Outsiders, that is one of the things they lose form being "Lesser".

@ RD: You might want to put something in your BS about why you can defy death. Since you do so automatically, in that instant, you are cutting things off at the Thanatos part, before Hades, Hecate, or anyone else gets involved.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 11:00:49 PM by ariasderros »
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline ariasderros

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2013, 11:29:00 PM »
Why?

Because: you're using it for so many attacks; it makes more sense that way, to have all of the hooves the same size, to say nothing of the fact that you'd still get some of those 6+ attacks in with more than just one hoof; and when I imagine it getting a full-attack on over-run guys, I imagine several of those are the front hooves, yes, but I imagine that at least some of the 6+ are going to be back-kicks as Pegs moves ahead.
Last but not least:
Because it is still worth it.

@ CNC:
Your Damage + Debuff Forms, do they require you actually deal damage for their save to be necessary?
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
  • "Insight is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2013, 11:58:41 PM »
How does this equipment list look?
(click to show/hide)

A couple things:
 -I know I won't need that many Zigzag or Serpentstongue Arrows, but I was gonna have an odd number of drachmae left anyway, since the spear base cost is 2.
 -I'm not sure how to fluff Mithril. Adamantine existed, but Mithril is a Tolkien creation (based off of Norse mythology).
 -I have 8310 drachmae left. Suggestions?

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2013, 12:43:51 AM »
@ CNC:
Your Damage + Debuff Forms, do they require you actually deal damage for their save to be necessary?

The attack has to hit, but it doesn't have to do damage.

EDIT:

Besides Ancient Greek, what languages are there for us (well, actually, for my trapped fury/spellsoul weapon) to speak?

Also:

Arias: Eager+Warning Shuriken too HighOp?
As CNC said. I don't have a problem with you walking around with something like bronze arrows that are meant to be status-symbols though.
That is pretty greek.

Otherwise, it just helps you in the first round, really, and I don't have a problem with you going first.

How about adding defending to the aforementioned Eager, Warning, status symbol arrow?

I'm not allowed to use a shield to add to my AC but I do have a free hand.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 01:49:46 AM by Concerned Ninja Citizen »

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2013, 02:43:56 AM »
Why?

Because: you're using it for so many attacks; it makes more sense that way, to have all of the hooves the same size, to say nothing of the fact that you'd still get some of those 6+ attacks in with more than just one hoof; and when I imagine it getting a full-attack on over-run guys, I imagine several of those are the front hooves, yes, but I imagine that at least some of the 6+ are going to be back-kicks as Pegs moves ahead.
Last but not least:
Because it is still worth it.
Fair enough.

Do I need 4x any other abilities?

EDIT: Depending on the answer to that question, I have either 18.18k or 24.18k funds remaining. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 08:17:39 AM by sirpercival »

Offline ariasderros

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2013, 12:34:11 PM »
-I'm not sure how to fluff Mithril. Adamantine existed, but Mithril is a Tolkien creation (based off of Norse mythology).

I have typed the word "Adamantine" so many times for this thing it isn't even funny, so yeah, it existed a little.
After just having tried for a half-hour to find any other metals from Greek myth, all I've found are things that recent writers borrowing from the myths have made. When they do so, it is always McGuffin-ed to be some new alloy made by Heph.
Heph is, in the myths, the one responsible for figuring out Bronze.
I would say it is most likely another Tin-based alloy. Niobium + Nickle + Tin = Mythril?
Other than that, gear looks fine. With one Exception:
"Healing Belt x4 charges (MIC)(3,000gp)"
You either mis-typed the number of charges, or the cost. It is either 4 charges for 1k, or 3k for 12.

Besides Ancient Greek, what languages are there for us (well, actually, for my trapped fury/spellsoul weapon) to speak?
Doric, Attic, Ionic, Aeolic.
These are the dominant languages. Note that Wikipedia will call them "Dialects" of Ancient Greek. This is incorrect. Homer's comments about being unable to recite Saphho's poetry due to the differences between his Attic and her Aeolic breaking up the poetry's meter punctuates the differences. Plato calling Aeolic a Barbarian Language because he could barely understand any of it drives that home.

I plan to pay attention to none of this. I will not be putting any language barriers in front of you, because most of the things you'll be dealing with will either not have much to say (Gnashing teeth translate into any language), or will be able to talk in your language (or have Tongues-like abilities).

How about adding defending to the aforementioned Eager, Warning, status symbol arrow?

I'm not allowed to use a shield to add to my AC but I do have a free hand.

That's alright by me.

Do I need 4x any other abilities?
2x, since that is the base number of attacks you had, which your 6 are coming from.

EDIT: Depending on the answer to that question, I have either 18.18k or 24.18k funds remaining. Any suggestions?
Saves?
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2013, 01:00:54 PM »
OK, I'm done except for backstory. Anyone have comments (besides "Peggy is insaaane")?

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2013, 01:03:20 PM »
Is scaring the shit out of Thanatos a valid reason for avoiding death once per day? Put that Intimidate to background use. :D

Offline Quillwraith

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 05, 2013, 03:12:06 PM »
Quill, here's a cool build for you:
Thaumurai 13 // Factotum 5 / Ritual Expert 4 / Ritual Prophet 4

You're the Oracle at Delphi! (You could also sub out Factotum 5/RExpert 4 for [Full BAB Class] 5 / Rit. Warrior 4

Thaumurai is Cha based so Witchblood might be a better entry to ritual prophet. Would also fit well with the Oracle's flavor.

EDIT: Or you could use the Thaumurai equivalent of that feat that I always consider and then decide against when I'm making a nullblade. That would let you focus on Int which is probably a better idea than Cha.
I don't really want to handle rituals and invocations. Factotum is probably be a good idea, though.

Offline ariasderros

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 05, 2013, 10:56:41 PM »
Is scaring the shit out of Thanatos a valid reason for avoiding death once per day? Put that Intimidate to background use. :D

Heh, not really. If he was that scarred of you, he'd either reap you just to be safe, or you'd be immune to him altogether.

I don't really want to handle rituals and invocations. Factotum is probably be a good idea, though.
I like Factotum. Just bear in mind I will hold your Arcane Dilettante choices to absolute scrutiny.

Hmm, I wonder if some Stone Salve would be good to have in this game...  :tongue

How about a Feathered Wings graft, made by Daedalus???

Huh, I missed this before.

Stone Salve is allowed, but only a few doses. It would be a concoction composed by Apollo, Chiron, or Hephaestus.
Honestly, I can think of a way to make the fight against the gorgons hilarious. The rest of you stand back, and send RD in. Petrified, oh, wait, not, oh wait, petrified, oh, wait, not, oh, wait, petrified, etc.

The Wings of Daedalus were offered to Apollo. If they were to now be attached to a person and animated by a god...
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
  • "Insight is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 05, 2013, 11:25:51 PM »
I don't really want to handle rituals and invocations.
I know what you mean. I don't have the exact same combination, but in Heroes Reborn I'm dealing with Rituals and Phenomena (Astronomer), and I'm expecting it to get a little confusing once the first combat rolls around. The nice thing about Rituals is that you don't actually have to deal with them in combat (and they're not necessarily designed for it anyway, unless you're a straight-up Ritualist). You just have everything charged beforehand, and then discharge it whenever you want/need it - kind of like "at-will contingencies." (Not trying to talk you into Rituals; Int-based Thaumurai // Factotum is awesome!)

I have typed the word "Adamantine" so many times for this thing it isn't even funny, so yeah, it existed a little.
After just having tried for a half-hour to find any other metals from Greek myth, all I've found are things that recent writers borrowing from the myths have made. When they do so, it is always McGuffin-ed to be some new alloy made by Heph.
Heph is, in the myths, the one responsible for figuring out Bronze.
I would say it is most likely another Tin-based alloy. Niobium + Nickle + Tin = Mythril?
Works for me.  :)

Other than that, gear looks fine. With one Exception:
"Healing Belt x4 charges (MIC)(3,000gp)"
You either mis-typed the number of charges, or the cost. It is either 4 charges for 1k, or 3k for 12.
I meant "Healing Belt with 4x the normal number of charges (12) = 3k
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 11:28:36 PM by FireInTheSky »

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2013, 01:42:38 AM »
Int Thuamurai+Factotum seems very solid. We don't currently have an Int focused character. Recommending SirP's Factotum Love if you didn't already know about it.

Would the house rule that each [inspiration] feat adds an IP be acceptable here?

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 06, 2013, 09:21:07 AM »
Okay, okay, more seriously: the Titans proper are seemingly impossible to kill, going by Chronos. Since Athanasia is half-Titan, the difficulty in making her die is considerably more than it would be for a normal demigod, and she'll tend to get back up the first time you think you've got her down. That work? :lmao

Offline ariasderros

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 06, 2013, 11:15:53 AM »
Okay, okay, more seriously: the Titans proper are seemingly impossible to kill, going by Chronos. Since Athanasia is half-Titan, the difficulty in making her die is considerably more than it would be for a normal demigod, and she'll tend to get back up the first time you think you've got her down. That work? :lmao

Very, very, well.
Especially since the Gods are the children of the Titans, and they are literally immortal (basically, immune to Thanatos, since they can be brought to the underworld, they just can't get there by dying).

Though I am curious what you mean by:
the Titans proper are seemingly impossible to kill, going by Chronos
A) Chronos, i.e. Time, is an entity that pre-dates the Titans, like Gaia and Nyx.
b) The Titan, Cronus, i.e. Zeus' daddy, got whupped along with the rest of em' in the Titanomachy.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 06, 2013, 11:41:48 AM »
Cronus, he whose name I have not seen written the same way twice. Should stick to Kronos, never get him mixed up that way. @_@

Think I meant Uranus, though: it wasn't until you got to the Olympians that cutting someone into tiny pieces would kill them. Or Prometheus, he whose liver kept getting eaten.

Offline Quillwraith

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 08, 2013, 11:29:05 AM »
Sorry I'm taking so long..

From smite to song with Thaumurai, or no? Martial prodigy for some White Raven?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 11:32:54 AM by Quillwraith »