Author Topic: Mutterings Beyond The Gate [OOC]  (Read 26007 times)

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Mutterings Beyond The Gate [OOC]
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2017, 04:26:55 PM »
Garryl, I was re-reading the PbP thread when I saw you asked for some ideas about mapping. Have you tried this? It lets anyone quickly move characters around (drag and drop) and then just hit enter to update the URL, each one being unique.

Offline Garryl

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2017, 05:58:02 PM »
I remembered seeing you use Ditzie for one of your PbP games, but I hadn't gotten around to looking into it myself. It certainly looks like it should work for a game. I just don't know how to set it up with images and maps. Any chance you could walk me through it? Thanks.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2017, 08:43:15 PM »
Would Knowledge Geography let me know about space (not that it will probably matter)?

Edit: Are your PoC weapons allowed?

Edit edit: Are you going to put a racial restriction on Cyberneticist?  I'm fine if so, I just need to know.

Offline Garryl

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2017, 09:06:13 PM »
Would Knowledge Geography let me know about space (not that it will probably matter)?

Yes. Knowledge (the planes) also works, albeit not as broadly.

Edit: Are your PoC weapons allowed?

Yes.

Edit edit: Are you going to put a racial restriction on Cyberneticist?  I'm fine if so, I just need to know.

No racial restrictions. Even if you're not from the original Irim Dwegsho, you might be an immigrant, or have traded for the technology and training, or have acquired it some other way. They've been on Solak for around three centuries. Things get around in that time.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2017, 06:51:39 AM »
I remembered seeing you use Ditzie for one of your PbP games, but I hadn't gotten around to looking into it myself. It certainly looks like it should work for a game. I just don't know how to set it up with images and maps. Any chance you could walk me through it? Thanks.

So, I signed up for an account here, uploaded a few very tiny icons of the PCs, and then uploaded that basic white grid. All I do now is quickly sketch out an area with barriers marking the playable surface and details on it, and then add the PCs to it. It's mostly either shift clicking to reshape an object or drag and drop or double clicking on it.

The most complex map I've made is probably this guy which was a boss fight in Arhosa.

I can probably just set you up with a basic template under my account though, since you never need to log in to manipulate it. Anyone can make a change, hit enter, and link the new URL generated. That gives players the ability to quickly update the map with their actions.

Offline Garryl

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2017, 07:33:54 AM »
Beta

As of Dec 7, 2016 registration is closed. A major rewrite of ditzie is in progress, and the gallery is scheduled to be replaced or removed. If you really need to create a new account, please contact me at siege (at) siege (dot) org.

Looks like registration isn't working any more. That just means that I can't upload my own images, right? I can still make maps out of what's already there?

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2017, 07:44:07 AM »
I missed that. That's annoying. Well, I can upload anything you need.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2017, 11:44:18 AM »
Alright, it looks like I'll be taking Activate Module: Power Suit as a feat so I've always got armor all the time, and I'll be doing autoturrets for combat.  I'm still sorting out my third module.

Offline Garryl

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2017, 12:04:55 PM »
I missed that. That's annoying. Well, I can upload anything you need.

Thank you. That would be very helpful.

I can't seem to figure out how to add/remove images from the top bar, though. I've figured out how to change out one image on the toolbar for another, just not how to change how many total images are available. Is that part of the gallery stuff?

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2017, 12:12:06 PM »
Yes - it's pulling from a particular gallery. You can double click on any image and go hunting through items you have linked to get more options. Generally I just grab something that looks roughly appropriate and go with that rather than trying to be perfect every time out.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2017, 01:25:29 PM »
OK, Janks now has a background and some gear. Fun.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Garryl

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2017, 10:25:44 AM »
Has anyone seen FireInTheSky around online? His last post relating to the game was in the interest check thread a week ago. I'm going to PM him.

Garryl, I was thinking of getting a breath weapon and going wild on social skills by dipping Dragonfire adept for the +6 to social invocation and UMD to still be useful with low physical stats.

Dragonfire Adept is online, so that's fine. I found Beguiling Influence, so that's good too.

You're welcome to multiclass as you see fit. Obviously, there's not much of that going on at 1st level, but it's an option at 2nd-level and beyond.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2017, 10:47:37 AM »
Has anyone seen FireInTheSky around online? His last post relating to the game was in the interest check thread a week ago. I'm going to PM him.

Garryl, I was thinking of getting a breath weapon and going wild on social skills by dipping Dragonfire adept for the +6 to social invocation and UMD to still be useful with low physical stats.

Dragonfire Adept is online, so that's fine. I found Beguiling Influence, so that's good too.

You're welcome to multiclass as you see fit. Obviously, there's not much of that going on at 1st level, but it's an option at 2nd-level and beyond.
Note that I have a breath weapon (whenever I'm not expressing Fang Ideal). And I took Entangling Exhalation.

EDIT: FitS has been away for work this week, IIRC.

EDIT 2: Garryl, any issues with the liberties I took (re: worldbuilding) for Janks's background?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 10:50:05 AM by sirpercival »
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Garryl

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2017, 11:11:27 AM »
EDIT 2: Garryl, any issues with the liberties I took (re: worldbuilding) for Janks's background?

Nope. I like to leave some blank canvas in a campaign setting for exactly that sort of thing.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2017, 12:31:43 PM »
Cleaned up my character, since I had a few minor issues left over from being level 2 previously. Think I'm good to go.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2017, 12:55:04 PM »
I'm still sorting out my modules.  Race is most likely going to be human for that bonus feat.  Then it's just the fluff.

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2017, 03:55:57 PM »
I'm still figuring out play by post. Thanks for your patience, guys, and thanks for the edit, Garryl. I figured I'd slop some stuff down to keep the ball rolling.  Would it be too cheesy to dip Dragonfire adept?

I've been flirting with the idea of playing a pacifist, but I know that might be extra annoying on top of being an evangelist so maybe not...

Any ideas on last major aura?
 +1 attack is simple and good for combat,
+1 AC is the same,
Resist energy 5 is circumstantial but also very good at level 1,
-1 AC is great if Strat takes +1 attack,
miss chance is interesting

If I'm meta gaming too much let me know.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2017, 04:03:21 PM »
You can see the auras I have right now here. They're a little more focused on reactive damage and AoOs than previously.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2017, 06:16:29 PM »
Modules are chosen.

I now have to decide if I want a higher armor class or to be able to run away from melee combat better (so far speed is winning).

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2017, 06:24:26 PM »
Is a Guard Trained Mule too cheesy?