Author Topic: Descent: A Journey Into Darkness  (Read 2762 times)

Offline kitep

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Lookout World!
    • View Profile
Descent: A Journey Into Darkness
« on: January 05, 2012, 09:08:20 PM »
We've played a couple of games, and it looks like we're going to be playing a lot more.

Can't wait to see how the campaign rules are supposed to work...

Offline Nachofan99

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: Descent: A Journey Into Darkness
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 10:48:47 PM »
Been taking a look at this game for a while.  Are you planning on doing a full write up of a session or two?  I would be interested to see some of the flow of the game.

Offline Childe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Even forever must end, I think. ...
    • View Profile
    • Legend RPG, Rule of Cool Gaming
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 03:00:08 PM »
Thread Necro! (Figure this is okay since this part of the boards only has 2 pages anyway.)

I've been playing the 2nd Edition of Descent and could do a write-up of our next session (in about 2 weeks). It might actually be a good one to do a write-up since we just cleared up a LOT of misplays (either due to rules misinterpretations or due to not knowing at the time about the errata document) at the tail end of our last session. We're 3 sessions in now, with net 4XP under our belts, I believe. We'll probably just do one mission (2 encounters) next session. When we've done 2 missions, it has dragged on in a very un-fun fashion.
"You had a tough day at the office. So you come home, make
yourself some dinner, smother your kids, pop in a movie, maybe
have a drink. It's fun, right? Wrong. Don't smother your kids."
- The More You Know

Offline kitep

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Lookout World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 08:49:43 PM »
There's been a new edition made since my original posting, so this is about the old edition.

I enjoyed the game, but that was because I enjoyed the company of the people I played with.

Setting up each dungeon took a while, but once we started, gameplay moved right along.  My main complaint is that things got a bit repititious as there's not much different your characters can do.  A fine beer and pretzels game, and I'm glad we did the campaign, but I don't plan on playing anymore.

Edit: the non-campaign game may be fine, if you can change characters between dungeons so it has less of a feel of just doing the same thing over and over.