Author Topic: Candy Box: the thread!  (Read 40376 times)

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
Re: Candy Box: the thread!
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2013, 07:59:32 AM »
My Chuck Norris thing was invul + teleport + trees as usual. Just have to be good about the timing.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2013, 01:02:16 PM »
What's the right way to beat Chuck Norris? The only thing I can think of is to sit back with trees/teleport and spam acid rain/earthquake.

Chuck Norris is fought more or less exactly like the dragon.  Invulnerability potion, teleport, tree, invulnerability potion, lather, rinse, repeat.

Current candies/second.  The screep cap was taken immediately after eating all the candies, thus showing my candies per tick:

Hilariously, not set through cheat codes: I bought upgrades from the sorceress until she had no more upgrades to sell.

Am I missing something? Near as I can tell, it should take forever to get that high!

While it wasn't set through bugs, I used bugs to get an arbitrarily large number of candies, which I then converted to lollipops.  I then used the lollipops to spam-buy candies generation increases, resulting in that monstrous rate of candy acquisition.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2013, 03:44:50 PM »
How long do I have to mix an invulnerability potion for?
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2013, 03:52:40 PM »
How long do I have to mix an invulnerability potion for?

60+ seconds.  That's when it'll say your arms are hurting.

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
  • "Insight is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2013, 02:06:03 AM »
Hey, SirP:

STOP PLAYING CANDY BOX AND UPDATE ALL 13492349682379481730765128461824367319487 OF YOUR PBP'S!! please

That is all.   :flutter

Offline Elevevated Beat

• My DJ scratches like he's wearing itchy wool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2013, 02:30:41 AM »
Hey, SirP:

STOP PLAYING CANDY BOX AND UPDATE ALL 13492349682379481730765128461824367319487 OF YOUR PBP'S!! please

You don't understand. That game is addictive. Deliciously so. You. Just. Can't. Stop.
Do you know how long someone who is as sarcastic as I am would last in prison? Suuuuuuch a long time.

Bhu: Favorite quote of the day: “I’ll make love to you like a confused bear. Awkwardly. And in a manner that suggests I’m trying to escape.”

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2013, 03:50:13 AM »
Well, I finally beat the game. Here are my saves for anyone who wants to mess around.
http://candies.aniwey.net/index.php?pass=9fs5m - Liflamesummoning sword, game complete.
http://candies.aniwey.net/index.php?pass=bb7b4 - Life sword, at Castle Keep.
http://candies.aniwey.net/index.php?pass=kp3e7 - Flame sword, at Chuck Norris.

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2013, 04:11:33 AM »
I only stopped because I accidentally closed my browser and didn't write down my save  :bigeyes
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2013, 06:25:01 AM »
Hey, SirP:

Lol.  At the moment my only interaction with the game is this thread, and letting Hard Mode accumulate candies while I work.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2013, 09:03:51 AM »
So, I have discovered that, for the Castle Entrance level, you need 966 health, at least, to get all the way through without using any potions. If you aren't lucky, and get through it quickly due to a leveled sword.

This is with a Level 15 Sword of Life, so that's something like, what, 2316 health without it?
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Disclaimer: not at full capacity yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2013, 03:18:17 PM »
I found a way to legitimately get more than 5 berserker potions!  Use the wishing well to get potions and scroll.

EDIT: Also, I found a use for the "candies, more candies!" option at the sorceress's hut.  I think it reduces the amount of lollipops you need to get the other things once.

EDITEDIT: Does anyone know if the demon/ghost waves ever end in hell?  Because I can't think of a way to actually succeed at them on hard mode.....potions don't cool down fast enough.....I can do the ghost wave with a summon, but not the demon one.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 04:16:46 PM by dman11235 »
My Sig's Handy Haversack  Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2013, 02:00:20 PM »
EDITEDIT: Does anyone know if the demon/ghost waves ever end in hell?  Because I can't think of a way to actually succeed at them on hard mode.....potions don't cool down fast enough.....I can do the ghost wave with a summon, but not the demon one.

For the demon wave, use I and K to navigate them, otherwise it will take forever and wear you down. For the ghost wave, toss down an Imp. I died to the devil with him at 13 life T-T

EDIT: Beat the Devil, then myself on the first try. Got Chuck to half.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 02:55:50 PM by Nytemare3701 »

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2013, 05:12:26 PM »
Anyone want to work on a bestiary?

I might be able to start one after my finals...
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2013, 05:55:57 PM »
"A unicorn!  It has no kidney..."

Randomly, there's a bug in the Castle Keep where if you use the teleport scroll at just the right moment after beating the dragon, it makes an invincible version of you with no attack at the end point while you get sent back to the door.  Then you run into yourself and can't go anywhere.  The only way out is to use an escape potion or a GMOOH pot.  I used the latter and got the consolation prize of the cow level again.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 06:01:35 PM by Jackinthegreen »

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Disclaimer: not at full capacity yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2013, 08:04:01 PM »

For the demon wave, use I and K to navigate them, otherwise it will take forever and wear you down. For the ghost wave, toss down an Imp. I died to the devil with him at 13 life T-T

EDIT: Beat the Devil, then myself on the first try. Got Chuck to half.

I can do the demon wave on non-hard mode, but they do way too much damage for i/k to do anything of use.  As I said, the ghost wave I can use a summon on, but the demon wave?  freaking impossible....
My Sig's Handy Haversack  Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2013, 07:47:33 PM »
So, I have discovered that, for the Castle Entrance level, you need 966 health, at least, to get all the way through without using any potions. If you aren't lucky, and get through it quickly due to a leveled sword.

This is with a Level 15 Sword of Life, so that's something like, what, 2316 health without it?
Eh, I consistently got through with less than half that hp/sword level, using a Sword of Flame and Strong Armor. Once I got the Magical Horn I could sometimes make it through with full health.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 07:49:06 PM by Prime32 »

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2013, 08:41:57 PM »
Well, the Sword of Life does a lot less damage than the Fire Sword.

That is my excuse.

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2013, 10:34:24 PM »
Yeah, the three swords are better and worse for different levels. I'm not all that impressed with the Life and Summon swords.

Life's healing is too little to make up for the damage done in later levels. It's really only good for the 3rd level with the whale (the name escapes me) until you level it up way too high.
Summon gives you meat shields, which basically makes it Life+ right off the bat when dealing with the enemies that Life is good against. But tough enemies chew through the summons too fast, and it is useless against bosses where you have no enemies to kill for new summons. It's pretty good on the levels with ghosts (Castle Stairs, Hell), but isn't that amazing on the rest of them. Even on the ghost levels, you can still use an Imp scroll for the same effect.
Fire is just a lot of damage. It gets you through levels fast, albeit not necessarily with all your health. Against bosses, it means you don't need to use as many potions, seeds, and scrolls, and that you don't have as much time to mess anything up. Once you get the Unicorn Horn, the healing between enemies makes up for most of the defensive benefits of the other swords. It's the best sword for the Castle Entrance, Castle Keep, and everything beyond Hell.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2013, 08:13:20 AM »

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2013, 11:27:33 AM »
Aaaand there went my productivity.

Damn it.

Any room here for A Dark Room?