Author Topic: [PF]Crafter/Alchemist/Skillmonkey  (Read 2523 times)

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
[PF]Crafter/Alchemist/Skillmonkey
« on: May 08, 2018, 06:42:58 PM »
Game is May 12th. I'll be meeting with the DM to iron out stuff and make requests sometime before that.

Rules: Pathfinder, 3rd party by request and only if there's a REALLY good reason for it. Race locked in as Android for story reasons.
25pb
Gestalt (as usual, no PrC on both sides at once)
One flavorful template no higher than +2CR (Currently Haunted Construct minus the SLAs)

Role: "Problem solver" The entire party is newer players and their characters are generally narrow in scope, so anything other than vanilla goblins can throw them off. My job is to have a big bag of answers, and the DM is giving me free reign to choose HOW to do that. I love crafting and the insane amount of digging I can do between games or during lulls in the session. I know I'll be the designated corpse skillmonkey and I'd prefer to do it in style, not with Summon Monster to set off traps.

Tricks I want to incorporate in order of importance
At-Will item of Full Pouch
At-Will item of Blood Money+Fabricate+Lesser Restoration
Pathfinder Chronicler's Deep Pockets
Flotsam Domain's Sift ability

^Both have been made irrelevant by Blood Money+Fabricate

I'm level 9, and have been given above-average WBL (50k) to work with.

Current Build
Investigator9//Wizard 9

Bonuses to ALL skills:
 - Haunted Construct (+2 untyped to ALL rolls, which the DM confirmed included HD  :lmao)
 - Luckstone + Fate's Favored (+2 Luck)
 - Spellcasting Contract (+3 Profane)

Feats:
1: Skill Focus (Spellcraft)
W1: Scribe Scroll
3: Craft Wondrous Item
5: Craft Magic Arms and Armor
7: Craft Wand
9: Craft Rod

Magic Items
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 10:55:33 PM by Nytemare3701 »

Offline Craiconn

• 31" Vertical Leap ...
    • View Profile
Re: [PF]Crafter/Alchemist/Skillmonkey
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 10:05:07 PM »
Your "X3" would be best served with at least 2 levels of the Alchemist archetype, Mindchemist.  To help amplify your INT-based theme and to get a nice boost to your FORT & REFL save.  Mindchemist gives you Cognatogen (+4 to INT) and the awesome Perfect Recall class ability to double your INT bonus to all of your Knowledge skill checks.

The 3rd level of X3 can be a wide variety of things.  But I'd probably pick up something with a good FORT save since you really need that with your gestalt progression.  Hell, even Fighter-1 with Improved Initiative as your bonus feat would be helpful.

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 07:50:41 PM »
Your "X3" would be best served with at least 2 levels of the Alchemist archetype, Mindchemist.  To help amplify your INT-based theme and to get a nice boost to your FORT & REFL save.  Mindchemist gives you Cognatogen (+4 to INT) and the awesome Perfect Recall class ability to double your INT bonus to all of your Knowledge skill checks.

The 3rd level of X3 can be a wide variety of things.  But I'd probably pick up something with a good FORT save since you really need that with your gestalt progression.  Hell, even Fighter-1 with Improved Initiative as your bonus feat would be helpful.

Well shoot, I didn't see this until after I had switched to investigator 9. I already have an average result of 30 in every knowledge check, and I dislike fiddling with buff spells that have short durations.

I'll edit the post with some skill info.

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 05:07:16 PM »
Game was cancelled this week, so I have a whole extra week to tweak this thing :-D

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 03:14:48 PM »
Update: I have to re-price all my items, since I got the formula wrong. This is the 3rd attempt.  :banghead

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 11:38:47 AM »
Update! The character has been through a few sessions and I've hit a bit of a snag. The DM's method of creating challenging encounters is to just jack up the CR until the mobs save against almost everything. So it looks like I need some no-save tricks.