Author Topic: Walk the Line, Chapter I: Tipping Point  (Read 55963 times)

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
Re: Walk the Line, Chapter I: Tipping Point
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2012, 12:03:36 PM »
"I guess an apartment of some kind? I was brought here in a hurry with that piece of paper with the necessary informations which is now to waste and this is my first time in North. The only thing I knew about this place is that it existed." said IA, and then she opened the Merkle's Delectable Delights' door, pushing the kid inside.

IA and Lilly are immediately immersed in soft music, warmth, and the heady smells of perfume and wine.  A young woman moves towards them, draped in a diaphanous robe of silk and satin, auburn hair covered by a glittering golden net.  The girl's skin shimmers silver beneath the dusky surface, and her eyelashes are long and feathered.

"Welcome," she breathes, smiling graciously. "How may I bring you pleasure?"  The girl's eyes travel over the unconscious kid, but her smiling expression doesn't crack.

Radon wrinkled his nose slightly as the man spoke.  He didn't expect much manners from the man, but talking with one's mouth full got to him.

"A girl about 20 came into my shop looking for some merchandise, so I transferred the credits and went to get the item.  Just something to keep her warm really, in case you care.  I left my personal sensor there to keep an eye on her though.  When I came back, I found her lying on the ground rigid with her eyes completely blackened.  I cast a spell to detect any magic on her and found auras such that I thought she had taken a magical drug.  Upon reviewing my sensor, I confirmed that.  Here, take a look for yourself if you'd like." He said, handing over his personal sensor for Daniel to look at.

Daniel puts down the sandwich, wipes his fingers on a dirty napkin, and takes the sensor.  His eyes half-close, moving back and forth as he accesses the visual.  Then he frowns, handing the sensor back to Radon.  "Do you have the vial?  Had you ever met the girl before?  Do you know her name?"

"Hey, police guy, there's a changeling in there you might wanna take a statement from. By the bar," Jack said, as he continued to walk.

As Jack speaks those words, the changeling (having resumed his normal appearance) hurries out after him.  "H-hey, wait?  Where are you going?"  He sounds a little panicky.  "Don't leave me alone in there..."
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2012, 06:37:03 PM »

Daniel puts down the sandwich, wipes his fingers on a dirty napkin, and takes the sensor.  His eyes half-close, moving back and forth as he accesses the visual.  Then he frowns, handing the sensor back to Radon.  "Do you have the vial?  Had you ever met the girl before?  Do you know her name?"

Radon pulled out the sack with the girl's belongings and put it on Daniel's desk, then retrieved the vial and the girl's CAC from it and set them in front of him.  "Never met her before.  Only name I 'got' from her is on that CAC."

(click to show/hide)

Offline AyeGill

• Can eternal lie, may not be dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2012, 02:09:31 AM »
As Jack speaks those words, the changeling (having resumed his normal appearance) hurries out after him.  "H-hey, wait?  Where are you going?"  He sounds a little panicky.  "Don't leave me alone in there..."

"Talk to this police guy," Jack said as he continued to walk along. "All I wanted to do was stab something really big in the face. All I wanted! That's it! But nothing's ever simple, is it?"

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2012, 07:19:24 AM »
Roy skids to a halt, exasperation and confusion on his face. Finally, eyes darting back and forth between the man and the changeling, he interrupts, "Hold on a damn second. You! You were dead. And You! You and I BOTH checked him! I'm sorry, but I'll need both of you to file a report on this. Simple or no, we need you medically examined, and your report on how you got to be where and how you were, and I still need your report on where the hell you found him."
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2012, 10:17:48 AM »
"Hey, you have any way of restraining a psychotic kid? He might attack someone again..." Lilly seems highly annoyed by the whole deal.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2012, 07:11:25 AM »
Radon pulled out the sack with the girl's belongings and put it on Daniel's desk, then retrieved the vial and the girl's CAC from it and set them in front of him.  "Never met her before.  Only name I 'got' from her is on that CAC."

(click to show/hide)

Daniel nods.  "Modge Willikins, I saw."  He hesitates, eyes going blank with the telltale sign of Oracle-searching, then frowns as they clear again.  "Fake name.  Or at least, fake ID.  I'm going to send this --" holding up the vial "-- back to the lab for testing.  You're done here, we know where to contact you if we need you."

"Talk to this police guy," Jack said as he continued to walk along. "All I wanted to do was stab something really big in the face. All I wanted! That's it! But nothing's ever simple, is it?"

Roy skids to a halt, exasperation and confusion on his face. Finally, eyes darting back and forth between the man and the changeling, he interrupts, "Hold on a damn second. You! You were dead. And You! You and I BOTH checked him! I'm sorry, but I'll need both of you to file a report on this. Simple or no, we need you medically examined, and your report on how you got to be where and how you were, and I still need your report on where the hell you found him."

Suddenly, a violent burst of sickly green energy flies from across the road and burns a hole clean through the changeling's chest.  His eyes go wide, face greying toward its natural ashen hue as his fingers explore the ragged edges of his wound.  After a suspended moment, the changeling crumples to the ground.

Movement in their peripheral vision causes Jack and Roy to spin around and stare straight into the softly glowing muzzle of an energy launcher, aimed at them from a nearby alley.  There's a quiet click of a trigger being pulled, but nothing happens.

"Oh... shit."  The weapon is lowered, and Jack & Roy hear the sounds of furious reloading.

((Move to WtL combat thread and roll init, please.  ;) ))

"Hey, you have any way of restraining a psychotic kid? He might attack someone again..." Lilly seems highly annoyed by the whole deal.

Without missing a beat, the robed lady murmurs, "Of course."  She reaches into a hidden cabinet and removes a length of silk rope, moving towards the three of you.  As she begins to expertly bind the kid, there's a thump as a small, heavy black leather bag drops out of his coat, falling to the floor at IA's feet.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2012, 07:40:19 AM »
Daniel nods.  "Modge Willikins, I saw."  He hesitates, eyes going blank with the telltale sign of Oracle-searching, then frowns as they clear again.  "Fake name.  Or at least, fake ID.  I'm going to send this --" holding up the vial "-- back to the lab for testing.  You're done here, we know where to contact you if we need you."

Radon yawned as he turned to leave.  "Good luck and all that."

(click to show/hide)

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2012, 07:53:21 AM »
Radon yawned as he turned to leave.  "Good luck and all that."

(click to show/hide)

As Radon exits onto the street, he sees the changeling go down (and subsequent events).  ((So, he's in initiative too.))

Offline Shiki

• Mindraped
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2012, 11:41:29 PM »
Without missing a beat, the robed lady murmurs, "Of course."  She reaches into a hidden cabinet and removes a length of silk rope, moving towards the three of you.  As she begins to expertly bind the kid, there's a thump as a small, heavy black leather bag drops out of his coat, falling to the floor at IA's feet.

IA lowered her head as the bag fell to the ground, catching her interest somewhat. She knelt down and opened said bag, curious about its content.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2012, 07:13:43 AM »
IA lowered her head as the bag fell to the ground, catching her interest somewhat. She knelt down and opened said bag, curious about its content.

IA zips the bag open, and all 3 women can clearly see its contents: stacks and stacks of hundred-cred notes, as well as a case with 9 matte-black vials and one empty space.

The robed lady's eyes widen imperceptibly, though her smile doesn't falter.

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2012, 03:35:27 PM »
"Oh good, money and drugs. Think of all the fun we can have..." Lilly smiles a moment then closes the bag. "We had best find out where he got this stuff, there are some shady guys around here and I have a burning need to shoot someone right about now." She takes a drag from her newly lit cigarette and looks at the kid a moment. "You want to search him or should I?"

Offline Shiki

• Mindraped
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2012, 07:25:26 PM »
"Fun.. hmm." murmured IA, more for herself than anyone else. Without having really replied to Lilly, she approached the kid and meticulously searched him.

(click to show/hide)

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2012, 07:50:12 PM »
There are a few small items (a pocketknife, a few sticks of gum, a dirty magazine), and a wallet which has an ID card, a CAC, and a plain business card with handwritten text: Thom Wippet, Discreet Courier and an Oracle address for messages.

Offline Shiki

• Mindraped
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2012, 01:46:15 PM »
After looting all that stuff from the boy, IA showed everything to Lilly and said monotonously "This is most likely everything he had, at least on himself. What do you want to do with all that stuff?" She then turned her head towards the other girl, saying "Bring me pleasure you said, right? How would you do so?" still on the same tone.

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2012, 03:23:42 PM »
"I guess we could send something to the address, not like I have anything better to do for the moment." Lilly sighs a moment, takes a drag on her cig and leaves the shop.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:15:17 PM by littha »

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2012, 09:41:34 PM »
After looting all that stuff from the boy, IA showed everything to Lilly and said monotonously "This is most likely everything he had, at least on himself. What do you want to do with all that stuff?" She then turned her head towards the other girl, saying "Bring me pleasure you said, right? How would you do so?" still on the same tone.

The robed lady traces a soft finger from IA's earlobe, along the back of her jawline, then continuing down her neck to trace her clavicle.  She leans forward and murmurs in her ear, "I would do... whatever it takes."

Offline Shiki

• Mindraped
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2012, 12:28:56 AM »
"Really?", said IA, although a hint of surprise could almost be seen in her eyes. She continued with "I would be really pleased if I could have a decent place to live plus a non-crappy virtual reality device at my disposition."

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 11:29:00 PM by Shiki »

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2012, 03:20:47 PM »
"Really?", said IA, although a hint of surprise could almost be seen in her eyes. She continued with "I would be really pleased if I could have a decent place to live plus a non-crappy virtual reality device at my disposition."

The lady smiles slightly, then straightens up and looks IA over with a critical eye.  Her manner is suddenly businesslike.  "Well, you're pretty enough, though your manners need some work.  We're always looking for more talent, if you mean what you say.  Want to talk to the boss?"

Offline AyeGill

• Can eternal lie, may not be dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2012, 03:37:53 PM »
How tall is this building.

Offline Shiki

• Mindraped
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2012, 07:31:21 PM »
For the first time since she entered in the building, IA really looked around to see what kind of place she had stepped in. As she did so, she replied "Hmm? Sure, I guess. What kind of business is this establishment running?"