Author Topic: Orange Submarine  (Read 44380 times)

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
Re: Orange Ship
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 11:53:56 PM »
"I mean, as a species, we're actually pretty good at not getting stuck," I say, sticking my head into the tube and looking up it.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 11:55:21 PM »
It's pretty dark up there.  The walls are also fairly smooth.  You're pretty good at climbing, though, and if you pushed off the walls you could probably manage.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2014, 11:55:54 PM »
"Yeah, I think I can manage. You want me to?"
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2014, 11:57:17 PM »
"want, no, but if you wish to do so then I will not stop you.  I think it is unlikely you will find anything in a small dark place of which there are tens of others in this hall.  But that is just my opinion."
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2014, 12:11:15 AM »
I pop back out. "Well, I can always look later, I suppose," I tell myself as I close the hatch again.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2014, 12:15:24 AM »
Louise continues down the hallway.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2014, 12:16:17 AM »
Hanging on the wall next to the next corridor is a flashlight and the note "Be careful of grues."  The corridor ahead is lit.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2014, 12:24:56 AM »
Louise looks at the sign... "a...grue.  ...oh no."  Louise takes the flashlight and holds it tight.  "stay close" she says "if the lights go out, get in the light as fast as possible."  Louise shakes her head. "I don't know if you guys know what this sign is talking about or not.  But I think I do.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2014, 12:26:35 AM »
I furrow my brow. "Something about cranes?"

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2014, 12:28:14 AM »
Louise, when you pick up the flashlight, you feel a tingling sensation.  It's probably a fragment.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2014, 12:32:24 AM »
"Cranes?"  Louise looks puzzled.  "hm.  I think this is also a fragment."  Louise looks at it with her glasses.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2014, 12:35:35 AM »
"Well, I suppose that would be Gruiformes. Or Gruidae, depending."

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2014, 12:36:47 AM »
The flashlight does have that characteristic "not affected by the funny colors" fragment look.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2014, 12:49:51 AM »
Louise looks around while she has the glasses on, but deactivates them if she doesn't see anything.  "let's keep moving forward."  gruidae...  wait...  that's cranes.  Oh, I get it.  "Oh no, it's not latin, it's Quendorian.  the resemblance is uncanny though."
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2014, 12:51:18 AM »
"The hell is Quendorian?"

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2014, 12:53:58 AM »
"The language of Quendor, of course."  Louise sticks her tongue out.  "It's from a video game.  So are grues, so be careful."
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2014, 12:54:59 AM »
You don't notice anything particularly unusual with the glasses on.  As you continue down the corridor, you eventually come across what can only be a brig.  It even has a sign, "Brig."

There are a number of things here, including a couple of cells.  There are two more paths, one lit, other quite dark.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2014, 12:55:33 AM »
I investigate the cells.

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2014, 12:56:51 AM »
There is very little in the cells.  Certainly not any enbriggened sailors.  You do notice a set of handcuffs cuffed around one of the bars.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2014, 12:57:58 AM »
Louise examines the handcuffs
Magic do what you will