Author Topic: Rant Box, volume II  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Tshern

• The Clown Prince of Crime
  • DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Rant Box, volume II
« on: April 10, 2012, 07:48:39 PM »
Had one of these at the old boards and I felt like allowing another one to waste space here in the magical world of internet. Despite the name, this place will include a few positive entries as well. At least I hope it will, because if my life doesn't have any positive things, it has to suck. On the whole, it does not, so I doubt that will happen. So yes, the name is just a reference to the old thread.

In any case, got a few things on my mind right now. Firstly, my laptop decided to stop working some time ago. As it includes a bunch of files that I actually cannot replace, so this was not an event I was looking forward to, especially only a few months away from acquiring a new one. Dissertation notes all gone, my personal diary of last three years disappeared and I had to say goodbye to all the pictures I wished not to store to any of the online pages. Oh sigh.

Apart from that, Tshern, as it appears, is a person who does not feel like keeping his life constant. As such, I applied for a grant. With some luck and carefully crafted arguments, I made the necessary steps to get a sponsorship for my dissertation. Sure, I lost the old notes, but his is pretty decent. If my application goes through, and I believe I have a decent shot, I will have approximately 800 pounds to spend on my project. In short, I will go to Belgium, sleep at my friends' place, interview a handful of people and have some 600 quid to spend for vacation purposes. Decent, innit?

Also, I am off to take yet another student trip. Heading back to my rathole in the UK and my estimated travel time is some 24 hours (with a decent budget that would be maybe five hours), so I am both excited and annoyed. I would want to rant about even more about the expenses, but I bloody love being a student.

More whining to come. A lot more.

Enter signature:
Pian unohtuu aika ja tila
Ja nahkapeitto ja syyllisyys
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys