Author Topic: Spin-off OOC  (Read 94478 times)

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
Re: Spin-off OOC
« Reply #280 on: June 07, 2013, 12:37:12 AM »
Regi's light load as a gargantuan quadrapedal (via alter form) creature with str 30 is 6384 lb.

I am well aware of your ability to handle the weight. It is the other issue, volume, that makes me curious.

This is a good point. Alter Form ought to let me maximize usable surface area within the 20ft square that a gargantuan creature occupies. How many medium creatures can you pack into a 20ft square?

EDIT:
Move of 95, comes out to 10mph ish I think, and as a construct he doesn't get tired. Light load is approx. 5,000lb which can be increased via a quadrapedal form.
In D&D, your hourly speed is your speed in feet, divided by ten, then you change the feet to miles.
Example: Speed = 30 ft; 30 / 10 = 3; 3 miles.
So your overland speed is 9.5 miles per hour.
When walking.
You don't get tired.
You can run full-out the whole way.
So, if you're in heavy armour or under a heavy load, you can cover 28.5 miles in one hour.
Otherwise, you can cover 38 miles per hour.

... and you never run out of gas.

Yeah, I realized I was calculating that wrong, but I hadn't looked at the overland travel rules since. Being a construct and thus not getting tired is handy. 30ish mph should be ample for a mobile strike force.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 07, 2013, 11:08:32 PM »
... since I've been told my character will be killed if they ever use their class abilities near the paragon of chivalry, I'm leaving. There's no point to staying if I'm only allowed to use full attacks for the entire game.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 07, 2013, 11:34:39 PM »
... since I've been told my character will be killed if they ever use their class abilities near the paragon of chivalry, I'm leaving. There's no point to staying if I'm only allowed to use full attacks for the entire game.

Who said you'd be killed?
Anyway, I wouldn't rage-quit just yet.
I had to focus and try, for hours, to think of a response other than figuring out how much pepper is needed for blue furballs after he said that stuff to Arthur.
"overgrown lizard" & saying that Arthur is acting without basic morality.

Did you catch that telepathic "Hmm" earlier... if he lacked basic morality, he would have detailed that thought.

I think it may be possible to make him come around.

Otherwise, Sir Osric comes to mind.

That, or teaching BMX Bandit to not mouth off to the Angel Summoner(s) works too.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 07, 2013, 11:39:48 PM »

Who said you'd be killed?
Anyway, I wouldn't rage-quit just yet.
I had to focus and try, for hours, to think of a response other than figuring out how much pepper is needed for blue furballs after he said that stuff to Arthur.

Off site. If I ever use either Alien Assimilation or Spawn, he'll try and kill me, if he sees. Battlefields are not known for convenient walls, so I'm effectively barred from using my abilities if I want to use the character.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 07, 2013, 11:50:25 PM »
He can neither one, nor two-shot you. He doesn't provoke AoO's against you when he uses Spring Attack, but you can still ready an action.

The key is, if he tried to kill you. You would win. Period.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: June 07, 2013, 11:54:45 PM »
I don't want to get in PvP fights or OOC arguments about something like that. Better to avoid the whole mess. I get in more than enough of the things anyway.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 07, 2013, 11:56:05 PM »
I imagine we should wait for Osle to comment on this.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #287 on: June 08, 2013, 11:06:41 AM »
I don't want to get in PvP fights or OOC arguments about something like that. Better to avoid the whole mess. I get in more than enough of the things anyway.

I'm strongly against PvP myself. I know it can bring out a lot of ressentment.

However I believe Clanjos is just doing some talk IC, not only against your character but  ariasderros as well. I don't see anything on his words saying he would engage you in PvP when you start "defeat means friendship". You can either engage in an IC argument or just ignore that particular remarks from him. After all, if he's so high on the whole "honor" thing, he just can't backstab a companion he fought side by side.

Don't let one bad segment spoil all the other good parts of an experience. Sometimes it's just better to ignore said segment and focus on the positive ones.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 08, 2013, 11:09:11 AM »

I'm strongly against PvP myself. I know it can bring out a lot of ressentment.

However I believe Clanjos is just doing some talk IC, not only against your character but  ariasderros as well. I don't see anything on his words saying he would engage you in PvP when you start "defeat means friendship". You can either engage in an IC argument or just ignore that particular remarks from him. After all, if he's so high on the whole "honor" thing, he just can't backstab a companion he fought side by side.

Don't let one bad segment spoil all the other good parts of an experience. Sometimes it's just better to ignore said segment and focus on the positive ones.

I was told that OOC away from the thread, specifically regarding using either ability. I don't want to deal with this argument because someone wants to play the epitome of lawful good.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 08, 2013, 11:24:41 AM »
Well then as the DM I'll simply have to ask Clanjos to stop trying to be the epitome of LG if it means he can't colaborate with his fellow players.

This is Elibe after all. Making key troops change sides one way or the other has always been one of the most basic rules of Fire Emblem.

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 08, 2013, 12:47:39 PM »
Yes, and I know this. I was tired and the two of us were both stressed out when I said this.

I may have to remove my character from the game for the sake of everyone's enjoyment, or perhaps replace him at a later date. I apologize for any trouble I have caused.
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 08, 2013, 12:56:37 PM »
Hn... well, I do have a theory for how it could be explained. Even if you've been rendered immune to complete insanity, there's still a minor bit of mindscrew when first seeing the natural -> pseudonatural transformation. Not enough to completely flip morality, but to change opinions on messing with people's bodies non-fatally rather than killing them?

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 09, 2013, 03:17:11 AM »
Seems like a relevant moment to link to this article. Specifically, the "decide to react differently" section.

The upshot of which is: You are in control of your character, not vice versa. You get to decide how they react out of the more or less infinite possibilities. There's always one in there that doesn't involve screwing up the party dynamic if you look hard enough.

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 10, 2013, 09:18:53 PM »
Right... again, sorry for my outbursts here.

And the sword talks audibly in Common.
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 12, 2013, 01:06:10 AM »
I think this got buried on the last page.

With regard to using Regi as a personnel carrier and whether he could fit a unit (or more) of soldiers with room left over for the party:

Regi's light load as a gargantuan quadrapedal (via alter form) creature with str 30 is 6384 lb.

I am well aware of your ability to handle the weight. It is the other issue, volume, that makes me curious.

This is a good point. Alter Form ought to let me maximize usable surface area within the 20ft square that a gargantuan creature occupies. How many medium creatures can you pack into a 20ft square?

Since several of the plans we're floating call for such a mobile strike force, it would be good to get some DM input on this.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 12, 2013, 06:49:32 AM »
Considering that the unit/mob template already assumes you're packing the soldiers as much as possible, in a 20 feet square surface you could pack up to 68 medium-sized creatures. So a couple of 30-man platoons plus some leftover room for party members.

However they won't be able to properly contribute to combat before "dismounting".

And also yes, the "P"s on the map are for priest units.

Anything else I missed?

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 12, 2013, 11:30:15 AM »
Cool. That should be plenty for our purposes and we'll definitely dismount them before engaging in battle. Regi will provide mainly strategic, rather than tactical, transportation.

Anything else I missed?

Raineh said this:

Does a shoggoth count as a quadruped for carrying capacity?

Otherwise, I don't think so.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 12, 2013, 11:41:38 AM »
Also, just to check:
These characters start out with the Mori too, right?
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 12, 2013, 11:58:08 AM »
Some new questions: I've got two feats to select. Can I be allowed to use the turn/rebuke attempts gained from the earth domain to power divine and/or devotion feat? I know by RAW that doesn't work but I'm a bit at a loss for feat ideas (that was why I went with the weird homebrew ones in the first place, in fact) and it makes sense for Regi's character to be able to do that. 

I'm not 100% on which ones I'd go for yet but nothing particularly powerful. The only really scary divine feat is DMM and I wouldn't consider that even if I had the spells to use it on.

Alternatively, (and possibly additionally), I may homebrew some feats that specifically spend turn/rebuke elemental attempts, rather than undead.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 13, 2013, 10:19:48 AM »
Does a shoggoth count as a quadruped for carrying capacity?
No.

Also, just to check:
These characters start out with the Mori too, right?
Yes.

Some new questions: I've got two feats to select. Can I be allowed to use the turn/rebuke attempts gained from the earth domain to power divine and/or devotion feat? I know by RAW that doesn't work but I'm a bit at a loss for feat ideas (that was why I went with the weird homebrew ones in the first place, in fact) and it makes sense for Regi's character to be able to do that. 

I'm not 100% on which ones I'd go for yet but nothing particularly powerful. The only really scary divine feat is DMM and I wouldn't consider that even if I had the spells to use it on.

Ok, I'll allow that.

Which reminds me, I really need to finish those Venerable Battlefield discipline feats. With a little luck I may finish them still today.