Author Topic: Chapter I: Legend of Griselda-Pirates Awakening  (Read 164615 times)

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter I: Legend of Griselda-Pirates Awakening
« Reply #120 on: June 26, 2012, 06:22:09 PM »
The jungle had never been like this.

In the jungle, there were a lot of fights. One on one, brutal, sometimes (oft times, depending on the contestants) lethal fights, but there was something athletic about it. You fought to fight. You fought for skill and reward.

The people here just fought for death and violence. In a way that worried him, Kong thought how much better this training ground really was for his mission, and how very well he might get along with these people if only they could survive. Some of them were fighting as though this was war. He supposed that if he were to learn from them, first he'd have to learn to fight like them.

So probably a good idea to make sure the friendly ones survived.

There was something odd about that pirate not falling from so many blows, and he did not want to have to close in on him too much. He wanted to just restrain him, but he had no idea how to do so. He had the token, but that wasn't to be used except for in dire emergencies. This wasn't dire enough.

He flew over to the two fallen, and his hand went into his bag. He might not be able to heal them like others of his village, but he could at least use the extra lives to stop their bleeding.

(click to show/hide)
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2012, 06:29:37 PM »
Machop and Jeremy continue their assault on the pirate captain.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2012, 11:22:35 AM »
Zax manages to drive his bow on the pirate commander's softer underbelly as he moves trough, making him release a squeal of pain, but still not enough to stop him.

Pha tries to calm the beast with her song, but it seems deafened by its own rage, unable to listen to any kind of word or reason anymore.

Kong flies above and rushes to the fallen captain. He looks as pale as death, still bleeding... Which means there's still some life on him. He quickly applies the bandage, hoping for the best.

Rabbit's bomb falls right between the pirate commander's feet, shattering the ice beneath. It holds its weapon with a single hand as it tries to latch its other clawed hand into the firm ground of the docks. One, two arrows from Zax impale the large arm, the Hylian Warrior taking advantage of the opening when he isn't threatened by the deadly glaive anymore.

The weakened limb rendered useless, it drops the weapon and starts pulling himself up with its other arm. A shadow grows over him. A new barrel from Machop, coming straight at him. It cracks his skull open, and the monster releases a final cry of pain before exploding in a cloud of black and red smoke!

The docks fall silent for a moment, before the militia and elves start to cheer in. Several of the  Hylian Guard however quickly rush to the ice, attending to Rabbit and their Captain. They bandage their still bleeding wounds and make them drink red-colored potions that allow them to regain consciouness.

S-Status report! Did we win? Is that abomination vanquished?-asks the Captain as he slowly stands up, clumsly trying to pick his fallen weapons while his face still remains quite pale.

Yes, Captain-replies one of the nearby Guards-The strangers suceeded to smite it down just before it reached our lines. We owe them our lives, otherwise it would've surely cut us down like dolls. The ape warrior himself saw to stablizing you before we could get here... You would've surely died if not for his timely aid.

The captain silently surveys the docks, breathing heavily, eyeing the empty pirate ship and the still burning artillery positions. Meanwhile one of the guards sent to guard the center of the city arrives at the scene:

Captain, the pirates atempted a sneak attack in our rear, but we were ready thanks to your order and routed them with minimal casualities... Is this a bad time sir? You look like you've seen death and come back again!

No, I'm fine... Worry first about the civilians and your brother in arms, see that the wounded are given proper care and the dead are given their final rites...

Then he turns back to you and salutes.

We would've surely fallen if not for you. I can't thank you enough for saving our home and our lifes lifes, and our treasury here is quite limited right now... However I can fully grant you the enemy spoils of this battle. As you've defeated the commander of the enemy vessel, it and its contents are righteously yours to do as you wish. On top of a symbolic monetary reward and full medical care  for your services to the Hyrulian Guard once we get back to the City Hall.

As the Captain speaks, the black cloud of smoke dissipates, revealing six tiny red crystals floating a few inches above the ice.

You also can't stop noticing that some of the pirate orcs fallen on the ground seem to still be alive, now that the clamour of battle has ended.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2012, 11:49:43 AM »
"Great job Machop!  Return!"  Machop returns to its orb.  Jeremy then concentrates, focusing healing energy into the orb that contains his Bayleef.

"Glad we could help captain, I told you we could do it!  Good job everybody," Jeremy exclaims.  "But what do we do with them?"  He points to the surviving orcs.  He then notices the floating red gems.  "And what are those?"

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2012, 12:18:34 PM »
System Check Initiate
System Clock:
Active. Discrepincy of 25 millicycles. Unable to connect to Galactic Neutrino Chronometer for validation and update.
Vitals: Critical. Seek emergency medical assistance.
Memory Check: Pass. 4TB RAM check....... PASS
BAILEY Protocol: Rescinded.
NARPAS Protocol: Pass.

Licensed to: Federation Explorer Rabbit
Online. Ready.

H:/> _

You know, as bright as the interior of his helmet was.. that visor's bright display was a welcome sight at the moment. He came too, his helmet off, attendants around him, having forced a rather sickeningly sweet beverage down his throat. Poison? No, poison should never make your teeth stick together like that. Also, he felt a lot better afterwards. A lot, considering for a moment there the mission was almost a failure.

He stood, with assistance. However the Field Commander looked, and stood, he stood worse. This wasn't a condition, it was a compliment. The Field commander always stands the tallest... for a number of reasons. As he saluted him, Rabbit saluted back, a closed fist thumped against his chest, painfully close to where that glaive tore out his tertiary lung.

"No, Field Commander. This victory is yours." Rabbit said with respects. "Glory to Hyrule!" he commended. An age ago, it was a salute to High Command, and the support of the mindset that the underlings do well through the leadership of their Field Commander. Tonight, they all earned their rations.

Even to Jeremy, he couldn't help but smile. His six eyes blinked something out of sequence, and he smiled. "Yes, Jeremy. Glory." and he even gave a full salute to the child beastmaster. "Glory to us all." he said, loud enough to carry to his companions. Spoils... pirates... Dark memories.

No matter how far in the universe he went, he still wound up being a pirate.

He turned his attention towards the surviving orcs. Failure carried a heavy price. Though, this was the Field Commander's call, not his. "They are prisoners." he assured Jeremy. "Unless they object to being taken prisoner." he walked over to the child, perhaps to shelter him from the harsh truth. His boots sloshed, oh how he'd welcome a high-frequency sonic shower. It occured to Rabbit that this low tech level, backwards woods and lakes planet may not have an HF Shower. That... that would mean...

ACTUAL WATER?!

Today just got a little better. He hadn't had an actual Water Shower since the time they took that Galactic cruiser and the water transfer pipe broke and soaked him and three other troopers. It sucked to be the Wave Trooper that day, though. He was twitching for hours and stunk of oz...

*ahem*

Then, he noticed the gems, and couldn't help but allow his pirate mindset to make a decision.

"These stones are spoils of war. One for each of us, though you'll understand if you have to share yours with your ... friends?"
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 04:34:46 PM by Sneaky_Sable »
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 27, 2012, 04:25:28 PM »
As the pirate commander bursts into red smoke, understanding comes with a smile as she lets herself drop down on her back.
The village had been saved.

The shock of her near-death experience was now returning to her and she laughed softly but with the infamous hysteria of the great fairies. She stayed there for a while as everyone cheered themselves and rejoiced in their victory. It was sad for those who had perished but thankfully casualties had been very low.

Happiness was enough to help her forget the pain but she still ached all over.
It had all been very heroic and the memory of what had been to succeed made her even more euphoric.

When finally she sat up her eyes went to Jeremy, whom she had accompanied for a while, Rabbit, the odd fish-like creature that knew so much and had directed much of their defensive, then to Kong, whom had rescued in the heat of battle, then to Zax, whom had caught her attention during the battle. He had the style of the heroes her kind traditionally supported for ages past and his courage and valor had just been properly tested and proven, as had been everyone's. Perhaps he was the one.

When Rabbit suggested the grab one crystal each, she looked at the gems hesitantly, unsure. In the end she approached and froze one into a small ice shard, then picked it up to store it into her pouch.
"Should send some men to check the ship and make sure there aren't any pirate left in there. We can see whats in it then."

She glanced at the ship, a finger playing with the curls of her hair.
"The villagers could perhaps dismantle it for material to better the town and strengthen its defenses."
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 01:15:51 AM by Anomander »

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2012, 12:04:37 AM »
"Heal first. Ship second. Pirates aren't a threat." Kong slipped the last pixels of the extra lives into his pack. He was glad the more studious healers had given him those as a parting gift. The guard captain was a lucky man.

The luck of the captain was not his current concern, though. His current concern was the collection of stones floating around. Slowly, he approached them, not getting closer than ten feet from them. Then Kong, with a look of fascination and concern, opened his mouth a little wider.

"These stones are obviously stones of power, but might I point out that we have no idea what they do. For all we know, they could poison us, make us more like the evil thing they emerged from." Even as he said this, he takes one of the crystals into his massive hand, in a single swipe seeming to brush it from it's floating place to his pouch. "Just be aware of the dangers should we choose to possess them, and hope that my superstitious theory proves wrong.

"Now, a medic would be much appreciated... Well done all..."

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2012, 11:42:27 AM »
Whew!

Kurt floats down to where the others are. He lets out a big blast of air, then breaths in and out deeply a few times.

Then he turns toward the Captain,
"Thank you very much sir. You brought me back to, risking yourself in the process. You are a statue of the Valor of Heroism"

And now to Zax,
"And you as well, you defended me from a certain end, and allowed yourself to be attacked and hurt in the process."

"I owe you both my life"

"Such impressive Heroes here. A strange looking man, who is really smart about stopping bad people, and has all kinds of stopy implements in his strange suit, and is willing to be hurt for others benefit; A blade and bow master, who cannot be commended enough; A Blue Girl, who came up with the idea to ice over the water, which was a major advantage for us, who took the fight to the enemy, who slowed them down, and didn't stop fighting until she couldn't anymore, you are brave; The strong big fuzzy-man, who could make the baddies stop with just a few knocks, and risked himself to save the Blue Girl; And the little man, who had used some form of star-magic to conjure forth some very powerful spirits, as well as using his ball from a distance to help."

(Remember, he had gone ahead before Rabbit asked about designations, so he doesn't know names, nor has he thought to give his, please, somebody initiate that conversation, so I don't think of Hen every time I refer to Pha).
"You, Guys, Are, AWESOME, HEROES!"

"I am still hurty though, do any of you know where I can go to feel better?"

He also listens intently to Rabbit, and takes up on his suggestion, and "picks one up" by sucking it to him.

He listens to Pha's idea and responds
"I agree with the Big and Fuzzy Man, we should get to feeling better first, as if you're right about more in there, we will need to be less hurt if we need to stop more baddies."
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 11:44:58 AM by ariasderros »
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2012, 11:50:47 AM »
Seeing the others grabbing crystals Jeremy goes out and takes one as well.  He then lets out all of his Pokémon and is quickly surrounded by the Ivysaur, Bayleef, and Machop that everyone has also seen as well as a pony that seems to be partially made out of fire.  He climbs up on the back of the pony's back and rides around the battlefield trailed by his other Pokémon.  If Jeremy was a grizzled veteran his behavior would be aimed at encouragement and celebration at the hard won victory.  In reality Jeremy is just really happy that they won and doesn't want his Ponyta to feel left out.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2012, 12:30:57 PM »
Being called a hero felt really... weird, but rather awesome. Like a pleasant irony.
She was supposed to empower heroes, not... huh... be one herself.
Oh well... I make the rules anyway. If I want to be a hero, by Naryu, I'll bloody be one. The other Greats can kiss my icy butt if they don't like it.

When the big-mouthed puffball insinuated that she meant that they go check the ship out themselves, she shook her hands in front herself.
"No-no-no. Send some men to check it out. As in; not us. What if they had prisoners that need help? No point leaving them in there longer than necessary."

She stared at it without blinking for a few seconds.
"I'm Pha Eris ...Who are you again?"
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 12:36:55 PM by Anomander »

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2012, 01:01:13 PM »
After others took his advice, and didn't seem any worse for wear, Rabbit claimed his own floating gemstone and placed it into a storage compartment along his belt.

Current object transcends classification. Unable to connect to Galactic Federation Lumin Grade network for research update. Log Entry awaiting appended data.
Recording timestamp 33.64.5.19 duration 00.00.0.15
"These stones are obviously stones of power"

Log Entry updated. Lore collection for -Stones of Power- initialized.

He'd smile, if his jaw would allow it, at the sight of Jeremy riding his rapidly oxidizing equine. He waved the humanoid beastmaster over to the others. He listened as the sentient mass of protoplasm recounted their efforts with more vigor and zeal then a swarm of shriekbats. To the goliath known as Kong, a simple nod of the head, with another to Zax. Warriors both. "We can process idents and exchange pIDs on the move. We can return to town central, clean up, and recover from this ordeal." It felt good to be part of a unit again. "The Field Commander has a post operations report to compile and process, as well as soldiers to pick to clear out any potential problems on the ship. We shouldn't take up any more of his time." Rabbit said, giving the Captain of the Guard a nod.

Rabbit would then begin heading back to town. From the soldier's report, sending troops back to reinforce the town may have saved their lives. To those with him as he walked, he would simply motion to himself, "My self-appointed designation is Rabbit. I chose it because they are considered exceptionally fortunate and lucky. Or at least, their feet are in any case."
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2012, 01:21:55 PM »
"I'm Pha Eris ...Who are you again?"

"I am Mister Kurt Kirbington! I am trying to learn to be a Hero, like the Great Hero Kybrin and the Hero-King Dedede!"

He then looks toward each of the others in turn, lingering on Zax and the Captain, and turns back to Pha, with his cheecks now a bit darker blue
:blush ).

"It would seem as though I have much room to improve."

Kurt then moves to follow Rabbits directions.

"I don't know about lucky, but you seem to be smart enough to compensate for the bad luck. I mean, it was not lucky that the Big Ugly Baddie was coming after you, but you were smart enough to cause a big tree to block him!"

Kurt seems to go silent as though a thought occurred to him, slowly, a strange ichor starts to form toward the left side of his mouth... just a faint trace of... drool?

The he speaks

"Rabbit? Rabbit is very good. Do you taste like rabbit?"
Then Kurt seems to shake himself out of his hunger
"No, no. Don't eat smart or talky things. Eating smart or talky things is bad. Swallow and spit only, not eat."

Kurt then seems to almost prance as he continues forward after Rabbit, like he'd not said any of that about rabbit.

He is still quite hurt, and he knows it, but he is happy for the days victory.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2012, 03:41:34 PM »
Jeremy continues to ride Ponyta.  However, as he is a 12 year old riding a pony he still isn't very tall in the grand scheme of things.  "I'm Jeremy, and these are my friends!" He says.  "PonytaBaleef, Machop, and Ivysaur."

He gives his Pokémon a friendly look.  "I'm a Pokémon trainer, I catch them and train then and make them my friends.  I came here to find all new kinds of Pokémon to catch and train."  He then has a stunning revelation.  "Two of you are Pokémon!  Mister Kurt Kirbington and Kong, you're Pokémon!  Don't worry, I won't try to catch you unless you tell me that you want me to.  We can be friends anyway."  He the two of you a big grin.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #133 on: June 28, 2012, 03:49:24 PM »
"Rabbit? Rabbit is very good. Do you taste like rabbit?"
Then Kurt seems to shake himself out of his hunger
"No, no. Don't eat smart or talky things. Eating smart or talky things is bad. Swallow and spit only, not eat."

Galactic Federation Code 785B.4 frowns upon the consumption of the flesh of another sentient organism save in cases of extreme necessity. Warning! Due to frequent experimentation with the outlawed mutagenic radioactive substance 'Phazon', Space Pirates (Actual: Urtraghustrian) are considered inedible, and any of their remains should be considered a class 4 biohazard.

Rabbit gives the question some degree of thought. "Considering my birth defect, I imagine I'm actually mildly toxic."

Rabbit turns to look towards Jeremy and his herd of friends. He'd greet them all in kind, but that'd take too long. "It's good to meet all your friends, Jeremy."

Additional entries logged under Comm Hyperdex:

Designation Jeremy (Attached Designations: Ponyta, Baleef, Machop, Ivysaur)
- Attached Log Entry: Biological Weapons. Index for Galactic Federation Review
- Address: Unknown.
- Comm ID: Unknown.
- Anniversary of Live Birth: Unknown.
- Factors that Provide Amusement: Spacial Proximity to Aforementioned Attached Designations. See also, Log Entry: Pokemon

Designation Kong
- Attached Log Entry: Parallel Evolution Theory
- Factors that Provide Amusement: Contests of Physical Prowess

Designation Kurt Kirbington
- Attached Log Entry: Semi-Corporeal Fourth State Sentience
- Factors that Provide Amusement: Aspirations to social status parallel to local legendary figures. Schedule regency search for Dedede at nearest vector

« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 03:51:14 PM by Sneaky_Sable »
Link to my homebrews

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2012, 04:15:47 PM »
Yes... GLORY TO HYRULE!-replies the captain rising his sword, followed by the nearby soldiers and some militia. The elves however turn their faces away.

Still the captain seems to be regaining his colors and tall standing. Surveying the battlefield once again, he crosses eyes with the nearby guards that seem to await anxiously:

You, you and you. Check for any pirates that still breathe and shackle them well, strip them of their gear and then arrange them so they're carried to and locked in to the dungeons. You other two, guide our heroic strangers to the city hall, see that their wounds are well tended to. The rest, get whatever transports we can and we'll go to the pirate ship. The great fairy is right, there's a high chance they had prisioners from previous raids, in which case we should get them out of that place as soon as possible.

Then he adresses Jeremy.
Young man, those are the stuff legends are made of. The goddesses saw fiting that when a great force of evil is vanquished, it should provide a reward to the heroes that suceeded in defeating it. Do not fear, for in death the monster's life essence is purified and fit to be combined with an heroic soul such as yourselves, such is the goddesses will.

And then to Pha
Altough I thank your generosity in offering us your prize like that, duty compels me that such ship should be repaired and used for the greater good. We need every able vessel on Hyrulian waters to fight off the pirates. If you don't wish it, then I would prefer to keep it docked here until a navy patrol arrives, in which case they would provide it with a proper crew.

Very well, I shall return once I've finished investigating the ship!

As you part ways with the captain, the militia and even some of the elves cheer you on as you pass near them. As you aproach the city hall, you can notice around a dozen fallen pirates around it. Once inside, you find the chairs and tables converted in improvised beds where several bandaged guards and citizens lie. The young and eldery that weren't fit for combat now carry water and bandages between the needed. Blood-stained weapons and armor are aligned against the walls, and an old-looking man with grey hair, large glasses and a yellow jacket moves around  with an ivory wand. At each touch of the wand, open wounds close and uncoscious patients open their eyes.

Feeling better right? Now just stand there, rest a little before trying to get up... No, don't worry about payment, this one's on the military

One of the guards acompanying you rushes ahead to the individual.
Doctor Dorville! Please attend to these individuals right away! They've just suceeded in defeating the pirate commander, a murderous raging beast that would've killed all of us if not for them!

Don't you see I'm already quite bus-Oh, just look at those wounds! This'll take some work to fix that's for sure. I'm admired you're still standing on your own. Here' let me take a closer look...

After a lot of pokes on three party members, each making them feel slightly more refreshed, the ivory wand suddenly breaks, but the doctor just smiles and pulls another identical one from inside his jacket and keeps working on you.

Ah, I tought I would never have to deal with this level of injury when I retired to this pleasant island, but I guess the war is reaching us all... Here, all done! Now if you excuse me, I still have some cases to take care of.

Effectively, you feel your strenght fully recovered. You've also atracted quite a crowd from the nearby patients that can walk, that now surround you and start bombarding you with questions and compliments. Aparently one of the guards acompanying you had started relating the recent events to them.

I've heard you've not only frozen the sea, but the pirate ship itself!

Was the pirate commander really twenty foot tall and covered in flames?

Those small pets of yours... They actually fought off the pirates? And took off a catapult? Unbelievable!

How come the guard isn't recruiting you? You're exactly the kind of people we need to defend our homes!

In meanwhile, you hear a large group of steps aproaching from the exterior, and when you look you see the captain, and leading a small procession of the guards he had took with him and twelve men with their skins covered in dirt and old injurries, covered in just some ragged clothes. They gaze at the sun above with relieved eyes, some of them managing to cry some tears while weakly smiling. Several civilians hurry to help them get laid in the improvised beds as they beg for fresh water.

You were right
-replies the captain, supervising the situation-Those seem to be simple sailors, the only survivors of the last ship those pirates sinked before we put an end to them today. They've been badly treated and kept starving and thirsty, but a few days of rest and proper nutrition should put them in good shape again. Luckily at least there were no more enemies inside. There was also a large locked chest, but too heavy to easily carry out, in particular when we wanted to get the prisioners out to be treated as soon as possible. If you're feeling better, we should go check the chest's contents togheter, or is there anything else you want to take care of first?

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 04:17:35 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #135 on: June 28, 2012, 05:13:30 PM »
He gave the elderly male a tilted head at his skill with the white stick, but couldn't deny the results. Chozo sorcery is what it was. Damnable hypertech starbirds... They touched more worlds then starlight did! Mis...

Nonproductive rant archived for future extrapolation

Rabbit had handled angry mobs before. He wasn't quite ready for a well-behaved one. Questions, questions, questions.  Was this? Was that? Did this? Did that? Did he? Did you?

Rabbit was ready to prepare a statement when the Captain returned with prisoners. Now it was time to get some an... No, those were the Pirates' prisoners, freed. When the Captain made mention of a massive treasure chest, too heavy to move, potentially laden with gems, relics, abandoned technology, ancient wisdoms, and long lost weaponry, Rabbit gave his reply after a moment's thought. Deep in his heart, the Pirate in him demanded loot and plunder for the day's work. It screamed for orderly distribution of plunder, and to outfit the now commandeered vessel properly. Galvin cannons! Accelerator rails!

Then he remembered that the greatest geniuses on this planet probably couldn't even *spell* Magneto-Hydro Compelled Propulsion Assemblage, let alone construct one. Oh well. What did the rest of his heart tell him...

"I would like to de-render this armor and clean up prior to any further activity if that is acceptable?" he looked around, "I understand your hygenics use... actual water?" He almost sounded hopeful.
Link to my homebrews

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 28, 2012, 06:07:47 PM »
Zax has been frowning at the ship, as well as the remains of the pirate commander.  He scooped up crystals like everyone else when they were available, though he seems to be lost in thought.

Now, he belatedly realizes that people have been talking to him.  He folds his wings beneath his torn green tunic and scoops up the orange one's glaive.

By way of introduction, and because he can't think of any other way to greet such odd people, he gives the Hylian salute appropriate from a Sergeant to civilian adventurers.  "I'm Zax.  I, uh... good fighting, everyone.  That guy was tough, huh?  So... we fight well together.  And we just got a ship."

Zax is clearly not used to speaking with others.  He looks around uncertainly, then notices the captain taking charge and his mood sours.  "I'm not interested in the Army.  I think I could enjoy the sailing life... what do you think?"
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 28, 2012, 06:53:03 PM »
"I would like to de-render this armor and clean up prior to any further activity if that is acceptable?" he looked around, "I understand your hygenics use... actual water?" He almost sounded hopeful.

This produces a mixture of suprised looks and murmurs from those around Rabbit for what looks like an eternity to him, until the Captain intervenes:

Ah... Yes, we do use water to cleanse ourselves after battle or simple hard work in this island... And most of the Hyrule Kingdom I think, except perhaps the desert settlements... We don't have anything sophisticated like a zora lake or a goron steam pond, but the city barracks have a bathouse with a small fresh water pool filled by a channel from the river in the forest, you're all free to go there and relax for a while. Guard Cawlin, show Rabbit and anyone who wishes to acompany him the way. I would acompany you there myself, but I've still got a lot of things to oversee before I can afford myself to relax.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2012, 09:05:20 PM »
"Where I am from, water is a precious commodity. Every drop not used to hydrate or for hydroponics is used to cool equipment. We can't afford to simply waste it through hygenics." Rabbit explained, his tone neutral. These backward star worshipers couldn't understand the world he came from, where industry had completely replaced nature. Where the sky rained acid, where lakes were filled with oil and sewage, and the only water you had to your name was the water you bought with double ration costs, or could sneak in past the border patrols in solid form.

He patted the furred, kidney shaped bag at his side, a very wise purchase of his from ages back it seemed. It filtered out ambient water vapor and condensed it into drinkable fluid. Took hours, but it never failed.

"I understand if my ways are different from yours. We are cultures, literally, worlds apart."
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 08:55:18 AM by Sneaky_Sable »
Link to my homebrews

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 29, 2012, 02:27:50 AM »
Kong didnt need to wash up, though he might like to before he slept. He was restless after battle, especially with his wounds removed and his body rejuvenated. He wouldn't be able to rest for a number of hours. He would have to review the battle in his mind, try and meditate like he had been taught. Sure, he'd never successfully had his martial epiphany, but there was always a first time. Perhaps after such a brutal battle...

Distracted. The battle raged i his mind, and that glaive that the massive corsair wielded spurred his curiosity. Without a word, as per the usual, he turned towards the door. just before he left, he turned to the others, and said curtly, "I'm Kong," before leaving casually with a grunt and a small bow to the healer.

He gave similar small but respectful nods to the villagers and militiamen he passed as he slowly and casually walked through the slowly calming streets to the beach. It was a sharp contrast to how quiet and empty the place had been when he first walked into town. Surprisingly, he found he was able to process the natural beauty of the beachside town more easily this second time. In fact, despite the carnage and just-now waning fear, he enjoyed this version of the town more.

The blood spilled on the sand had barely dried in the sun, and the glaive seemed to shine with the crimson polish. Kong circled it, cautious but inquisitive. He smelled it, examined every visual detail, took it in like a piece of art. The captain was a more deadly warrior than Kong could have handled, and this was the last vestige of him. What lessons he could have learned from the beastly man. His instinct told him not to touch it, but it might have just been the remnants of the terrible man in his mind.

The same way the crystals had worried him. He took the crystal out of his pouch now, turning the hard over in his hand. Almost intentionally, he let go, and watched it sink into his palm, without feeling or pain. When it was done, he stared momentarily, before gazing at the glaive once more, and turning back to town.

He strolled back up to the town, trying to find anyone who looked official. The healer and the Captain were busy, but the group was healing up and conversing still. "Can any of you read auras?"
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 02:40:36 AM by Flay Crimsonwind »