Author Topic: Full spell list  (Read 87202 times)

Offline JaronK

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: Full spell list
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2013, 04:14:51 PM »
Awaken the Spirit has no level... it's listed as Shugenja (Air).

And yeah, for various reasons I'm going through every spell in there... so I guess this is a QA of your list!

By the way thanks for making it, it's exactly what I needed.

JaronK

Offline Mithril Leaf

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 10:57:49 PM »
I really wanna know what you've been collecting this list for. I still have that txt copy of TSB I made for you sitting around somewhere.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 11:04:34 PM »
why did i do it?   why not? :-p

actually, it was to have a single source for every available official spell

i'm slowly working on the Sorcerer/Wizard spell list, like in the PHB or Spell Compendium

edit: I'm didn't change 99% of the spells that list "Casting Time: 1 action" vs. "1 standard action", is it really that big a deal?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 04:13:44 AM by zook1shoe »
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground

Offline Maat Mons

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2013, 04:57:28 AM »
Just so you know, crystal's awakening is listed as “shugenja (earth) 4” instead of “shugenja 4 (earth)” like the others. 

edit: I'm didn't change 99% of the spells that list "Casting Time: 1 action" vs. "1 standard action", is it really that big a deal?

I'd be surprised if your preferred word processor didn't have a find and replace function.  You can just tell it to replace all instances if “1 action” with “1 standard action.” 

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2013, 11:02:53 AM »
Yeah, those Shugenja spells are annoying

Yeah, I guess I instead tried to change "Casting Time: 1 action" to "Casting Time: 1 standard action", but it became all un-bolded, which was annoying. I can try it that way.

I originally had them broken down by first letter to make them manageable (even smaller chucks with the big letters, like S). So the replace would take a LONG time :P
- All Spells
- playground

Offline JaronK

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2013, 06:44:18 PM »
Spontaneous Combustion has an empty range listing.  Shapechange has an erroneous level for Sha'ir.  Womb of Earth has an empty Target entry.  Also, Dragonmarked is missing entirely.  Tongue of Baalzebul has a Corruption Cost, but that should be a Drug Cost.

JaronK
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 07:16:20 PM by JaronK »

Offline PlzBreakMyCampaign

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2013, 09:15:49 PM »
So who wants to plow through these and rate them: 1 to 5? :)

Offline JaronK

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2013, 09:27:47 PM »
I've been digging through for all the good spells for an Archivist, but my character is a Tainted Sorcerer so he gets to ignore material components.  Favorable Sacrifice and similar spells end up on my list for that reason.  But here's the list of spells I'm trying to get off the Cleric list at least:

Resize (Clr 0), Extract Drug (Clr 1), Holy Defense (Clr 1, Pal 1), Sign (Clr 1), Traveler's Shoes (Clr 1),  Witness of the True (Clr 1), Desecrate (Clr 2), Elation (Clr 2), Enhance Weapons (Clr 2, Pal 2), Fertility (Clr 2), Guidance of the Avatar (Cleric 2), Lore of the Gods (Clr 2), Obscuring Snow (Clr 2 , Dru 2), Zone of Truth (Clr 2, Pal 2), Adoration of the Frightful (Clr 3), Augment Object (Clr 3), Continual Flame (Adept or Cleric 3),   Favorable Sacrifice (Clr 3),  Invisibility Purge (Cleric 3), Mass Resist Energy (Clr 3, Dru 3), Skull Watch (Clr 3), Stone Shape (Clr 3), Stonesight (Clr 3), Rockburst (Clr 3, Spirit Shaman 2), Soul of Shadow (Blackguard 2, Clr 3), Vision of the Omniscient Eye (Clr 3, Dru 3), Animate Undead Legion (Clr 4), Black Binding (Clr 4), Enhance Armors (Clr 4), Favor of Ilmater (Clr 4, Pal 4), Feed the Many (Clr 4), Freedom of Movement (Healer 4, Cleric 4, Drd 4, Rng 4), Glowing Orb (Clr 4), Identify Transgressor (Clr 4), Plague Cloud (Clr 4),  Revenance (Clr 4), Skull of Secrets (Clr 4), Stone Metamorphosis (Clr 4, Dru 4), Wall of Salt (Clr 4), Ensnare the Heart (Clr 5), Extract Gift (Clr 5), Hallow (Cleric or Druid 5),  Haunt Shift (Cleric 5), Hibernate (Clr 5), Mark of Justice (Clr 5), Mule's Enlightenment (Clr 5), Parboil (Clr 5), Past-Seeing (Clr 5), Righteous Wrath of the Faithful (Cleric 5), Rivivify (Healer 5, Cleric 5), Soul Anchor (Clr 5), Stalwart Pact (Clr 5), Banishment (Clr 6), Call Faithful Servants (Clr 6), Cloak of Hate (Clr 6), Create Bad-Corpse Dust (Clr 6), Create Undead (Clr 6), Forbiddance (Clr 6),  Gambler's Luck (Clr 6), Greater Dispel Magic (Clr 6), Harm (Clr 6), Heal (Clr 6), Hero's Feast (Clr 6), Revive Outsider (Cleric 6), Wall of Tentacles (Clr 6), Planar Bubble (Clr 7), Refuge (Clr 7), Renewal Pact (Clr 7), Stone Trap (Clr 7)

Note that I already have some of the good ones (Black Sand, Animate Dead, Plane Shift, and Consumptive Field).

JaronK

Offline Mithril Leaf

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2013, 10:05:07 PM »
why did i do it?   why not? :-p

actually, it was to have a single source for every available official spell

i'm slowly working on the Sorcerer/Wizard spell list, like in the PHB or Spell Compendium

I meant JaronK, I converted The Spell Book from a pdf to a txt for him a while back over on Giantitp.

Offline JaronK

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2013, 10:10:52 PM »
Oh, well, I'm working with someone else to create a spell database that lets you do things like set probabilities for different classes and then generate random spell scrolls using every possible spell based on the likelyhood of each class existing in your campaign (so you can get true random spell scroll drops).  You can also do things like "search for all 5th level Wizard spells" or similar when leveling up. 

Or you can do things like "find all Wizard/Sorcerer spells, level 5 and lower, that require an expensive material component or have a casting time longer than 1 minute, and either either Evocation, Conjuration (Creation), or Conjuration (Summoning)" for use with Shadowcraft Mages.

So we're using this pdf/text file to populate the database.

JaronK

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2013, 10:15:59 PM »
Oh, well, I'm working with someone else to create a spell database that lets you do things like set probabilities for different classes and then generate random spell scrolls using every possible spell based on the likelyhood of each class existing in your campaign (so you can get true random spell scroll drops).  You can also do things like "search for all 5th level Wizard spells" or similar when leveling up. 

Or you can do things like "find all Wizard/Sorcerer spells, level 5 and lower, that require an expensive material component or have a casting time longer than 1 minute, and either either Evocation, Conjuration (Creation), or Conjuration (Summoning)" for use with Shadowcraft Mages.

So we're using this pdf/text file to populate the database.

JaronK

A link would be much appreciated once you get it up and running.  Ctrl-F'ing through TSB and Zook's book is kind of annoying.
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2013, 02:48:46 AM »
Yeah, tell me about :P I had to do that for each Sor/Wiz spell for a 'simple' spell list

I'm glad this will help that :)
- All Spells
- playground

Offline JaronK

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2013, 05:59:11 PM »
Insight of Good Fortune (PHBII) is missing.  In fact it looks like all of PHB II is missing.  Also, Create Undead is listed as "Archivist 0-9".

JaronK
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 03:32:28 PM by JaronK »

Offline Captnq

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Haters gonna hate. Dragons gonna drag.
    • View Profile
    • Ask the Captain
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2013, 10:53:05 PM »
I see someone mentioned my Spellbook already.

Please. By all means, loot it for material. My scope was focused on what I considered "Unquestionable" as far as allowable in game. May I suggest you look at section one for the rules. Section 2 for the Metamagic feats, and section 3 is, as far as I can tell, the complete and total list of every spell list. Section four has the actual spells along with observations and notes and rulings I found both FAQ and from player observations.

I make no claim that it is my material. Some of it is, but 99% of it is other people's work. I just put it all together. I have since moved onto other projects, so it is my hope that you may take what I have done and run with it even further.

All I ask is that you consider using my color coding system. I think it makes it easier to look for spells at a glance. I don't even want credit. In fact, I'd prefer that I was never mentioned. I do this out of a love for the game. The work can speak for itself.

I have made some minor adjustments here and there on v3.01. I am up to 3.02. Mostly spelling corrections and a few observations here and there. I'm uncertain if you would like the VERY latest copy, but if it is of interest, do let me know.

And I'd be more then happy to do some work, but so you know, My current list of projects is extensive. I do find jumping around makes it easier to keep interested, that way nothing gets stale. However, I should point out, my primary devotion is currently to the orphaned kitten I am fostering. My on line times are erratic, at best.

I may have lost Alex and Ears to organ failure, but I'll be damned if I lose the last one. Death may take Princess Orange Blossom, slayer of productivity, when he pries her from my cold, dead hand. Which is going to be tough because my other hand will be wrapped around his throat and shaking him rather violently.
If you have questions about 3.5 D&D, you might want to look at the:
Encyclopedia Vinculum Draconis

Currently: Podcasting

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton....
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2013, 01:33:43 PM »
sweet. as the compiler of the master psionics list, including all material WotC has designated official, i very much appreciate a master spell list!

(both of the master spell list projects. thank you very much to you both.)

any chance for a parse-able version, csv or something similar?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 02:41:11 PM by nijineko »

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2013, 05:37:36 PM »
check the OP for the spell pdf links for the first and the newly updated

^ ^ ^ ^
 |  |  |  |
 ^ ^ ^ ^
 |  |  |  |

@nijineko.... like these?
csv
parse-able
i don't know anything about them... but i can look into it
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 05:40:39 PM by zook1shoe »
- All Spells
- playground

Offline Maat Mons

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2013, 06:52:03 PM »
I tried parsing the text-only version.  A problem I ran into is that the only separator between spells is a blank line, but there are a few instances of blank lines within spells.  I noticed the luminous assassin spells definitely have blank lines within them; there may be others. 

The reason I was parsing it was to use LaTeX to generate a PDF with bookmarks and hyperlinks.  I'm planning to present a mockup of how I think the finished product should be presented. 

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton....
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2013, 09:18:15 PM »
check the OP for the spell pdf links for the first and the newly updated

^ ^ ^ ^
 |  |  |  |
 ^ ^ ^ ^
 |  |  |  |

@nijineko.... like these?
csv
parse-able
i don't know anything about them... but i can look into it

well, i meant "parse-able" in a general sense, but yeah, something like csv (comma separated value) or something similar.

makes it easier to put it into a spreadsheet or a database for ease of manipulation and presentation of data.

Offline Captnq

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Haters gonna hate. Dragons gonna drag.
    • View Profile
    • Ask the Captain
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2013, 09:39:02 PM »
I tried parsing the text-only version.  A problem I ran into is that the only separator between spells is a blank line, but there are a few instances of blank lines within spells.  I noticed the luminous assassin spells definitely have blank lines within them; there may be others. 

The reason I was parsing it was to use LaTeX to generate a PDF with bookmarks and hyperlinks.  I'm planning to present a mockup of how I think the finished product should be presented.

Well, in my copy every spell is seperated by two returns. (^p^p) I set the Name for each spell a different size as well. Not sure if that helps.
If you have questions about 3.5 D&D, you might want to look at the:
Encyclopedia Vinculum Draconis

Currently: Podcasting

Offline JaronK

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2013, 04:34:55 AM »
By the way, some insanely good spells I've found in here: 

Mule's Enlightenment (Clr 5, gives a feat and +20 to any skill, as well as +6 to will saves, for one hour per level)
Elemental Guardian (Clr 5, gives you a free caster for 1/day per level who can cast all sorts of potent divinations, though it can't move)
Ensnare the Heart (Clr 5, permanently charm any humanoid)

Some of these are seriously nuts.

JaronK