Author Topic: I: The Red Fountain  (Read 5882 times)

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
Re: I: The Red Fountain
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2016, 04:52:51 AM »
Necra sees Hrothgar sheath his sword and stands down. Watching the newcomers with suspicion safe in the knowledge that drawing a weapon takes significantly more time than a claw attack.

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2016, 10:30:32 AM »
Feeling somewhat out of his element (he's a scholar, not an adventurer), Chirop is quite willing to let Karlat, Cwalu, and Loralfr take the lead. He continues to flutter about well above and behind them.

That chill is somewhat worrisome, though. There's cold, and there's cold. This is a whole other kind of cold.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2016, 01:15:42 PM »
Cwalu blinked. Repeatedly. "You're from the plane of the dead?!" Spinning round, he whispered urgently to his commander. "Maybe we should stay as far away from them as possible!"

A stern glare greeted him in response. "Or maybe they could prove useful allies. Let the dead things die, instead of you or I."

Facing back towards the undead things, the mercenary decided on a course of action. "Then we are both not here of our own volition. Better we explore these lands together, safer from predators and... other things."

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2016, 01:25:57 PM »
A slightly terrifying expression slowly grows on the face of the giant muscled orc.  It takes a second for those who haven't been traveling with him to realize this it is a smile of pure joy (it's not Hrothgar's fault that he's a large intimidating orc with a mouth full of pointy teeth).

He then turns to look at Necra, it seems that Hrothgar isn't very good at subtly or whispering. "Necra, they want to be friends!  Can I keep them?"

He then turns his head and addresses his other quiet companion.  "Don't worry Gork, you're still my best friend."

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2016, 03:52:06 AM »
"I do not oppose the idea, alliances are useful. If we are betrayed I shall render their souls to ash"

Necra seems more relaxed than before though following Hrothgar's example and attempting to look less intimidating doesnt seem to be part of the plan.

Offline Quillwraith

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2016, 04:33:42 PM »
The cavern was quiet, the sound of the waves soft and the voices of theose who remained on the ship hushed. But now the quiet behind your conversation is broken by soft wingbeats. At first the sound is only audible to Chirrop, but then the white raven alights on top of the beacon, unperterbed by the flame within. It glances around with a twitch of it's neck, then recites, pausing at odd intervals,
"On yonder island,
is Carnë Celussë.
You will be welcome there, when
 the tide recedes, and
the way is dry.
Water will keep the living alive.
"
With that, it takes off again, heading towards the shore that Tr'bon and Chirrop came from.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 09:52:03 PM by Quillwraith »

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2016, 07:22:24 AM »
Both Karlat and Cwalu watched the strange creature fly away, their eyes tracking its movement for any hostility. When at last it was out of sight, the commander gestured at his subordinate to guard his back. "Anyone have a better suggestion than that nonsense the creature just spouted? No? Didn't think so. Let's get back to the boat, keep everyone hydrated, and find the tideway."

His actions followed his words, and he marched away, faithful Cwalu at his side.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2016, 10:36:47 AM »
Hrothgar nods, still smiling.  "Come on Gork and Necra, let's follow the birdie."

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2016, 03:15:43 PM »
Chirop takes a magically-enhanced look at the stilled flame (take 10 on Spellcraft to cast detect magic with Magecraft), then moves to follow his companions back.

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2016, 03:42:34 AM »
Necra follows silently. (or as silently as a giant steam robot can) Wary for attacks.