Author Topic: [3.5] Help with the details of a Intimidating Trip Fighter  (Read 2892 times)

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
After a few years without gaming as a PC, the time has come again.

The game will start in three weeks and I will play a Fighter focused on trip and intimidate.

Rules
1- Starting level is 2, starting gp is 3500. No LA buy off.
2- Books are all from Wizards except ToB but see 5. Third party is possible, but see 5.
3- Stats are 90 pts and can be bought 1:1 (so I could have for example Str 18, Dex 18, Con 18, Int 12, Dex 12, Cha 12)
4- There's a kind of guild rule where you gain certain benefits according to the guild chosen. The best ones are one that grants +1 bonus on attack rolls every 2 levels, +1 stat point at every 4 levels (effectively making level 4, 8 and so on grant 2 stat points) and one that double the number of feats granted at levels 3, 6, etc.
5- EVERYTHING must be approved by the DM.

What I have so far (race choice and feats until level 4 already approved by the DM - I convinced the DM to allow Stone Power even without a Stone Dragon Maneuver):

Mineral Warrior Human Zhentarim Fighter 1

Possible high level build so far is LA 1/Zhentarim Fighter 10/Avenging Executioner 4/XXX 5

The build below is considering guild choice as the one who double the number of feats at levels 3, 6, etc.

STR 17+2 = 19
DEX
CON 16+4 = 20
INT 16-2 = 14
WIS
CHA 17-2 = 15

Feats
Human: Jotunbrud
1: Combat Reflexes
Fighter 1: Combat Expertise
Fighter 2: Improved Trip
3: Endurance
Guild 3: Steadfast Determination
Fighter 3: Zhentarim ACF (Skill Focus Intimidate)
Fighter 4: Stone Power
Fighter 5: Zhentarim ACF (Extended Intimidation)
Fighter 6: Resolute ACF
6: Imperious Command
Guild 6:
Fighter 8:
Fighter 9: Zhentarim ACF (Intimidate as a swift action)
9:
Guild 9:
Fighter 10:
12: Staggering Strike
Guild 12:

What I need help with: First, should I go for high Dex in order to maximize AoOs with Combat Reflexes? Endurance and Steadfast Determination are there in order to allow me to sleep in my armor and to fix the bad Will save.

Second, suggestions on overall build so far and help in fitting tripping stuff and Intimidate into a single build if we can somehow fit another guild choice, because that +9 to hit is very tempting.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: TL; DR - Making a human fighter tripper with a pint of Intimidate. Need help polishing build.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 06:23:55 PM by Risada »

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5] Help with the details of a Intimidating Trip Fighter
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 06:23:10 PM »
Bump...

No one has anything to comment on my post? Or is it because it's missing a TL;DR line at the end?  :)

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 07:15:12 PM »
No Dreadful Wrath?
"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down."

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 09:59:16 PM »
No Dreadful Wrath?

I thought about it but decided against it initially... Mostly because of my lower Charisma and the wish to have the tripping core up as soon as possible. Do you think I should start with it - Maybe put it in place of Combat Reflexes?

Also, have to see if DM lets me go with Jotunbrud AND Dreadful Wrath in the same character, since both are level 1 only feats. He is banning everything he thinks is broken or overpowered. But for now, let's try to fit it in...

Offline Kerrus

• Immovable Rods Kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 02:30:25 PM »
You might ask your DM if you can use Strength for intimidation, as per page 33 of the DMG. That'd make your build work better, and it's suitably core to be allowed. Include appropriate examples- Batman doesn't get crooks to talk because he's super pretty and verbally elegant, he gets them to talk because he dangles them off buildings, punches them in the face, or breaks tables in half and implicates that they're next- all of which are strength based uses.