Author Topic: [3.5] Commanding the Party  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
[3.5] Commanding the Party
« on: May 06, 2016, 05:05:23 PM »
So, I'm joining a new/old PbP as a 2nd level Commander. It's a homebrew class of my own that's basically a combination of a Marshal and a Chameleon, and what I'm most interested in is focusing on his ability to boost his allies and cohorts, while his personal fighting abilities are mostly backup.

Houserules for the campaign are here. Because homebrew is allowed/encouraged, there's a lot more material to work with. However, none of my own feats actually qualify, given the low level.

Weapon plan is a reach polearm, using it to stay at a distance. Debating going down the tripper line, but would prefer to focus on boosting allies first. There's 4 feats to work with (1st, Human, Flaw, Flaw). Skills will be focused on Diplomacy, Bluff, Intimidate (that's all there's room for).

Mostly looking for advice on feats and gear - the rest is pretty much sorted. Do need to equip both my PC and my cohort partner, which might spread the money a little thin. Assume the commoner will be a melee combatant. Gear is picked out, but I'm open to better suggestions.

Current plan is as follows:
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 07:31:05 AM by Stratovarius »

Offline Dr_emperor

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5] Commanding the Party
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 09:41:00 AM »
You are missing the synergy bonus for having 5 ranks in bluff to intimidate.  And thus you have a better intimidate score than I do :bigeyes.  I got sense motive covered for you though.  Why is the commoner using a Guisarme doesn't Commander give him exotic weapons?

What do you want to do with your feats?  The binding feat chain could be grabbed to give diversification of abilities.  You could focus on ranged fighting you have a decent dexterity.