Author Topic: D&D (Higher Levels)  (Read 7809 times)

Offline Necrosnoop110

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: D&D (Higher Levels)
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2016, 09:45:41 AM »
I've been using your files as of late and most of them load up fine. But some folders give me a soup of odd file types and I cannot open them to get to the content. What am I missing?

The folder contains files used by a saved website page.  For example, if the folder name is
"PBMC Thread & Build Compendium 1_files" then there will be a file named "PBMC Thread & Build Compendium 1.html" that uses the folder.  You don't need to open any of the folder files themselves, just open the .html file

FWIW, ".js" I think stands for "javascript", and ".css" is something like "cascade style sheet", both of which are used to make a website function correctly.
Ah, ok thanks for the reply. Thought I did that and got repeated failures. But now that you said it and I went back and tried it again everything works perfectly.  :D

Why does that always happen to me. I have an error or failure or I miss something and just as soon as I ask someone or show someone and then do it again and everything works flawlessly, no problems. This especially happens to me with internet/PC tech stuff. Is there a name for this? Somebody's law? 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 09:47:55 AM by Necrosnoop110 »

Offline Necrosnoop110

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2016, 05:07:16 PM »
But some folders give me a soup of odd file types and I cannot open them to get to the content. What am I missing?
Ok, went back and a lot of the folders found in the Unsorted, Current Minmax Handbooks gives soup with no HTM/HTML to click on? What am I missing. They look like this, I see no htm/html.

Offline PlzBreakMyCampaign

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2016, 05:50:23 PM »
It seems you are referring to files inside "Unsorted, Current Minmax Handbooks\Items\Affliations and Magical Locations Handbook_files". If you got up one level, you'll see "Unsorted, Current Minmax Handbooks\Items\Affliations and Magical Locations Handbook.html" which is what you want.

I considered making the saved html all consolidated .mht files (Internet Explorer can generate them), but I stopped because I wanted non-Windows users to be able to enjoy the meta-compendium.