Author Topic: Gods  (Read 44890 times)

Offline DavidWL

• View Profile
Re: Gods
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2012, 03:31:22 PM »
That sounds a little too limiting, added that plus you can try to affect them again if they willingly attack you or of your temples.

Sounds good.  I just didn't want that you could try it once a day (or whatever) every day until they failed their save.

Cough feedback on Venerable Battlefield cough.

:lmao

Will do.  Give me a couple of days.

Best,
David

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2012, 07:41:45 PM »
Does the nat armor from God Body stack with that granted by original race/monster class?

EDIT: Also, might want to put a cap on the highest spell you can produce with God Magic...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 07:52:23 PM by sirpercival »
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2012, 05:26:09 PM »
Fixed god magic.

Applied the usual "use better value of nat armor if you already had one, if the older is better then increase it by 1".

Offline Retrokinesis

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Currently DMing 3.5 Eberron
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2012, 02:56:56 AM »
This looks like it would be a ton of fun to actually play (and now I can finally stat my warlock god of broken fate) but there are some problems with worshipers...

1. I'm not sure you should have to have paladin/druid levels to grant those spells. It seems arbitrary and makes it so gods like St. Cuthbert (Lawful Neutral) can't have paladin worshipers.

2. Your portfolio does NOT count as a domain, right? So a god who hasn't taken God Domain doesn't give their clerics access to any domains? Or can you grant your clerics as many domains as you want and God Domain only lets YOU use them?

I'm working on feedback for Venerable Battlefield but there's a lot of it to go through :P. For now, though, I'd suggest letting Abundance Sign - Divine Harvester give you at least 1 faith point even if you don't have any worshipers nearby: otherwise, unless you can get all your party members to worship you or you do a lot of fighting in your temple, it's basically only useful for ending it to recover your maneuvers.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2012, 04:24:01 PM »
1-Good point, changed it to that gods grant divine spells, point.

2-You need to actually take God Domain to have domains, both for granting the spells and using them yourself.

Good point about Divine Harvester, changed it to grant always at least one Faith point.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2013, 05:25:35 PM »
Is God Field 1.2 x Divine Rank to AC, or 1 + (0.2 x Divine Rank) to AC? The former seems to escalate oddly high really quickly, whilst the second... results in +4 to AC at Divine Rank 19, which seems bizarrely low. @_@

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2013, 05:38:35 PM »
By current RAW it's the latter. The bonus is low because it's an unsual bonus type which means it stacks with everything. You can have an armor bonus, a natural armor bonus, a deflection bonus, an insight bonus, a luck bonus and still benefit from the ability.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2013, 05:46:30 PM »
It still looks really low next to God Smite. O_o

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2013, 05:49:32 PM »
Because the god is already gaining a nat armor bonus to AC equal to her full divine rank.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2013, 05:50:56 PM »
I keep forgetting that one is there. XD

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2013, 12:49:29 AM »
And God Smite exists to make attacking a viable proposition for gods at all, given their poor BAB. It'd kinda suck to give them a discipline that requires hitting people, at least occasionally, but not the tools to hit people effectively.

Offline DavidWL

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2013, 11:25:59 PM »
Random thought - there are a few abilities which are too good if you were taking the god class as a 1 level dip at level 20 ... (alter reality comes to mind).

If you've invested many levels in god, it's fine, but if it is a 1 level dip ...

Best
David

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2013, 05:47:53 PM »
To be honest, it was intended that the god class has options that would greatly interest people that are 18-19th level and then asks themselves "What do I pick now"? Again, a level taken at 20th level should be worth more than a level taken at 1st, much like a basic martial adept dip will give you a lot more power if taken after you have a good chunk of levels under your belt.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2013, 05:56:35 PM »
Alter Reality also requires high CHA and that the spell be relevant to your portfolio.

Though you could probably squeeze Miracle into 'being a god', which gives you most other spells. But hey, level 18 and 29 Charisma requirement, plus the same XP costs as normal.

Offline DavidWL

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2013, 10:24:52 PM »
To be honest, it was intended that the god class has options that would greatly interest people that are 18-19th level and then asks themselves "What do I pick now"? Again, a level taken at 20th level should be worth more than a level taken at 1st, much like a basic martial adept dip will give you a lot more power if taken after you have a good chunk of levels under your belt.

While the Cha requirement is definitely steep, being able to (for example) be an XXX 19/God 1 (Knowledge) and be able to cast any divination spell in the game, all day long, seems like a bit much for a 1 level dip.  Or (Lies) for any illusion spell (all day long).  Etc.

I don't object in general, only to the "all day long" part, which you get at 20 HD, even if it is only a 1 level dip.

Best,
David

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2013, 11:24:41 PM »
I don't think I'd mind a minimum investment of levels in God for that particular benefit, though I'm not sure how it fits in with everything else. There certainly are a lot of abilities that suddenly become amazing at 20 HD, even if they were pretty darn good as it was before. At the same time, this is a class that requires a lot of DM attention, making sure you're acting within the bounds of your portfolio, making sure you don't lose your worshipers, etc. However, that can't certainly be handwaived if the DM just doesn't care, or is lazy.

Maybe the limit of spells that can be cast "all day long" can raise depending on your number of God levels in comparison with other levels.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2013, 02:34:51 AM »
Minimum Divine Rank? I don't think a functional Demigod would be able to walk around tossing out 9th level spells like they're going out of style.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2013, 10:58:58 AM »
Changed Alter Reality so charges are recovered at the rate of 1 per divine rank every 10 minutes.

So if you dip god for your 20th level, you can only use one 9th level spell every 90 minutes (hour and an half). Sounds better?

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2013, 11:40:27 AM »
Seems good. And a 20 Divine Rank god gets to use two of them in a minute, then go back to Salient Abilities. XD

Offline DavidWL

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2013, 02:01:07 AM »
Changed Alter Reality so charges are recovered at the rate of 1 per divine rank every 10 minutes.

So if you dip god for your 20th level, you can only use one 9th level spell every 90 minutes (hour and an half). Sounds better?

Yes, thank you.

Best,
David