Meta Board > Board Business

BG Archive Forum Stopped Working

(1/3) > >>

Endarire:
Greetings, all!

Recently, the BG Archive Forum worked.  Today, I noticed it didn't.  What happened?

SorO_Lost:
We talked about it in chat and the basic gist is it's an outdated SMF related problem the newer forums are immune to. Unfortunately it also affects the dicebot and the quick button for spoilers in the editor (the tag still works fine though).

Stratovarius:
Short answer:

bg-archive was infected by a spammer/virus, and because of the way Prime configured it, I did not have the ability to update/clean the forum. Nor do I have the forum data, as the BGs saw fit only to give it to Prime when we transferred. I have been trying to get in contact with him, but no such luck.

My hosting provided me with a deadline of this morning to remove all infected files or have my account suspended. As I was not able to clean the bg-archive in a non-destructive manner, a destructive manner was necessary.

The MMF and Storm Shelter forums are still here because they were never infected, but my hosts strongly suggested I update them in order to remain in their good graces. Thus some spillover.

oslecamo:
Is this related to the dice roller having stopped working?

Nanshork:

--- Quote from: oslecamo on May 22, 2018, 08:23:30 PM ---Is this related to the dice roller having stopped working?

--- End quote ---

Yep, the update did that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version