Author Topic: High-End OOC thread  (Read 180905 times)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
Re: High-End OOC thread
« Reply #880 on: October 17, 2013, 05:20:48 AM »
I already knew that. Turns out that sound loud enough to deafen you and inflict other structural damage is a an Ex ability. Strange I know,
Not really. I expected them to be Ex abilities. Just didn't want to take a chance on it seeing how these attacks don't show us their tags.

Also don't forget to advance Mao's update when you have the time.
Trying. Probably will start working on it later today if I've the time. Can't manage more than short posts atm so posting my next actions might take quite a moment too.

Not a fan of making big character changes in the middle of a battle though, so that might give me time to double-check my stuff and try to type them down.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #881 on: October 17, 2013, 05:46:14 AM »
Not a fan of making big character changes in the middle of a battle though, so that might give me time to double-check my stuff and try to type them down.

Again, at this point, the update will just apply after this battle is over for simplicity's sake. Keep your bugged stats around.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: October 17, 2013, 11:14:32 AM »
Um... can I limit the maximum range of an attack, or is it automatically at full blast? Just checking with 'energy blast' is a viable tactic or if Kenny and Baha would get caught in it too. @_@

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 17, 2013, 02:12:26 PM »
Well I moved some so that may help.

Also, Sonic Damage? I don't suppose anyone has a Silence Spell handy do they? :D

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: October 17, 2013, 02:13:28 PM »
Um... can I limit the maximum range of an attack, or is it automatically at full blast? Just checking with 'energy blast' is a viable tactic or if Kenny and Baha would get caught in it too. @_@
Unless it says in the ability text "up to", you have to use max range.

EDIT:

~Note: Creeping is a Swift to use, centered on my and above my head. That's 2 dimensional speak. Why not spin upside down and burn people below me? I mentioned such on my sheet since day one, finally trying to pass it directly in front of the DM through.

Hmm, ok go ahead with it for rule of cool's sake. :P
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 02:15:57 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: October 17, 2013, 02:36:58 PM »
Ugh, this reminds me I was supposed to turn Creeping Sun into standard action after explaining why it wasn't a problem and wouldn't deal double damage. Guess I got side-tracked.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: October 17, 2013, 02:48:54 PM »
Hm, how many abilities do I even have that are useful (since a bunch of them either need enemies lined up or greater-than-Medium size, which wouldn't fit as Colossal is bigger than the spaces available) and don't involve friendly fire because I'm facing the wrong way? :lmao

Seems like my best action might just be Spring Attack Full Attack w/Valour (hurrah, fastest!) -> Zeal -> repeat sans Valour. KILL THE BLUE THING.

Possibly try blinding basically every enemy within 120'  of Amaterasu.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 02:50:46 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: October 17, 2013, 04:14:43 PM »
Well I moved some so that may help.

Also, Sonic Damage? I don't suppose anyone has a Silence Spell handy do they? :D
Maybe. Is Silence Evocation or Conjuration?

Failing that, I have some cookies handy.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: October 17, 2013, 04:59:49 PM »
Its an illusion.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: October 17, 2013, 05:06:47 PM »
Even better. XD
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: October 17, 2013, 05:07:37 PM »
Should I try blinding them as well to turn this into the corridor of 'knowingwhat's happening is hard'? XD

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: October 17, 2013, 10:12:07 PM »
Ugh, this reminds me I was supposed to turn Creeping Sun into standard action after explaining why it wasn't a problem and wouldn't deal double damage. Guess I got side-tracked.
Heh. I looked at that thing on day one going, "well what if I didn't throw it?".

Honestly the concept of "double damage" isn't even something I questioned. I mean it too. Creeping Sun dealing 1d6/IL on round 1 then 1d8/IL on round 2? Sounds normal. I mean, it's a 6th level Maneuver we're talking about, circumstantially Flare Up deals 1d6/IL and that's only 3rd level. 4th level gives you Hell's Artificial Sun which is not only 1d6/IL but Dazes people, feeding a 6th level into it next round deals 1d10/IL + Paralyze, and Stun, and Daze, because screw your immunities you don't get a turn. Hell, Mega Flare's damage is significantly higher than 1d6/IL (12d6=42, 15ranks+10die=50, and you still have circumstantial/competence/ability/etc) and that damn near matches WotC Standards (sic nightmare blade maneuvers). Creeping Sun's Swift Action 1d6/IL has a knee jerk to it, but it's what you'd come to expect out of Divine Flame...

And it's not like our DM is slouching off with some low valued numbers either. ;)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 10:14:01 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: October 18, 2013, 01:02:52 AM »
What happens when I use the Block boost from Burning Justice and the Stealth mecha property to hide at the same time?

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: October 18, 2013, 02:18:51 AM »
I did the maths too. Even then and with those points taken into consideration I'd rather swap it to standard activation. The standard would include the initial area, the possibility to hold it there and concentrate into the next round or throw it right away.
I think it would still be a fair deal, even if it is a far less attractive option for 6th level maneuvers.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: October 18, 2013, 05:08:34 AM »
... oh, right, I can use Hell's Artificial Sun and constrain the radius can't I? :D

... I guess it's bad form to immolate the warforged because he is in the way of most of the more interesting things I can do? If he was literally 5' back, this wouldn't be a problem (in fact, if he was, stuff would fit neatly. XD)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 05:20:11 AM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: October 18, 2013, 06:33:40 PM »
... so... is it possible to move that giant K (that I THINK is the warforged) 5' back down the corridor before he eats 100+ damage? Unless he's immune to atomic damage. :lmao

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: October 19, 2013, 03:04:13 AM »
The giant K is Katherine and she is moving. As soon as oslecamo answers that weird question regarding a weird circumstance :p

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: October 19, 2013, 08:19:23 AM »
Also wondering if any of the bots within 15ft of me provoked any AoOs cause I get a lot~ :)
You would get one against the Polizei that was right under Baha and then fell (and Baha himself would get an Aoo against it now that I think about it).

Also I'm glad I suddenly gained some universal energy resistance!

Also were any of the sonic attacks against me ranged attacks or just AoEs?
The sonics were Aoos.

Was the electric bolt that zapped me a ranged attack?
Yes, already took in account your 20% miss chance.

Also can I assume you took Alert into account already?
Yes.

Secondary to that, does Alert trigger on any attack against you, even if the roll ends up being a miss, or only trigger on attacks that actually would have hit you? Just cause I don't feel like the working for the ability is clear on that.
It triggers on the first attack against you, regardless if it would be a hit or not. That's why it's so cheap spirit wise.

I think you might have missed this post?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: October 19, 2013, 09:04:31 AM »
What happens when I use the Block boost from Burning Justice and the Stealth mecha property to hide at the same time?

You become an invisible barrier. If you manage to remain undetected, neither you nor those behind you can be targeted.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: October 20, 2013, 02:38:41 AM »

You become an invisible barrier. If you manage to remain undetected, neither you nor those behind you can be targeted.

Yes! That is exactly what I hoped!  :D

I think you might have missed this post?

Nah, you missed my follow-up question  :P

Blast it! I nat' 1'd my hide check :( Turrible.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 02:44:41 AM by ketaro »