Author Topic: Starting an Oriental Adventure style campaign.  (Read 24859 times)

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
Re: Starting an Oriental Adventure style campaign.
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2014, 09:45:59 AM »
Thank you Raineh :)
Stalking my prey, silently I hide. Prey: Why are you whispering to yourself. Me: Crap, I rolled low on my hide and move silent checks. Act normal. Hello citizen :)"Just smile till he leaves"

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2014, 09:49:38 AM »
On the matter of homebrew, any chance of my subtle link finding its way in?  It's no big, I was just trying to find a way to justify my entertainer background.  I've been playing too much 3.P, I forgot how much more painful cross-class skills are in 3.5.
Mudada.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2014, 09:52:16 AM »
Eh, it's not all that broken compared to what you can easily do with a fighter or barbarian if you put your mind to it (+3 to hit and tanking ability over 6 levels?). Also, far better than Anthropomorphic Bat, which has 1RHD and 0LA and thus would be perfectly acceptable by the rules you're using. Or the official ghost class.

Removes the bother of having to optimise, anyway.

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2014, 09:56:10 AM »
On the matter of homebrew, any chance of my subtle link finding its way in?  It's no big, I was just trying to find a way to justify my entertainer background.  I've been playing too much 3.P, I forgot how much more painful cross-class skills are in 3.5.

What is it your exactly wanting out of your subtitle link? I just opened your classes and my brain malfunctioned. So this will be quicker if I know what you want me to look at exactly.
Stalking my prey, silently I hide. Prey: Why are you whispering to yourself. Me: Crap, I rolled low on my hide and move silent checks. Act normal. Hello citizen :)"Just smile till he leaves"

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2014, 10:00:24 AM »
I believe the trait he mentioned that gives full ranks in Profession or... something. I can't remember the other one.

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2014, 10:00:33 AM »
Eh, it's not all that broken compared to what you can easily do with a fighter or barbarian if you put your mind to it (+3 to hit and tanking ability over 6 levels?). Also, far better than Anthropomorphic Bat, which has 1RHD and 0LA and thus would be perfectly acceptable by the rules you're using. Or the official ghost class.

Yea, but from what i gathered if left to its own devices this could get broken fast. I mean personally where i saw that headed was building a perfect monstrous race for what you want towards classes after you lvl 6 it.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2014, 10:00:50 AM »
My classes?  Oh wait, I think you're looking at the link in my sig and not

Oops, I spilled my homebrew all over the floor!  Don't mind me, or this tempting fragment!

Basically it's just a way to get free ranks in a useless skill.  I sometimes run games where I give it away free, but I figured it might pass mustard as a trait.
Mudada.

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2014, 10:05:03 AM »
Haha my bad i forgot to mention. There's no cross class penalties for skills its just the skills that are cc can't have rankd above your current lvl. Also I'm using pathfinders feat progression.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2014, 10:06:16 AM »
Well that changes things.  Perform ranks here, I come!
Mudada.

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2014, 10:07:02 AM »
Also you can have a useless skill if you want to lol. I see no problem with it for rlleplay aspects.

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2014, 10:08:18 AM »
Yes that was my bad. Sorry bout that lol. :lmao you are still free to change and modify your character, especially since we haven't even started yet. Lol

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2014, 10:14:04 AM »
Well that changes things.  Perform ranks here, I come!

I love perform skills myself, but I'm also a big fan of bardic type classes lol :p
I just love my ninjas more. :)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2014, 10:15:52 AM »

Yea, but from what i gathered if left to its own devices this could get broken fast. I mean personally where i saw that headed was building a perfect monstrous race for what you want towards classes after you lvl 6 it.

Eh, it really depends. For instance, I still have plans to use it for a fine-sized butterfly ninja at some point, which isn't terribly threatening but is good at hiding. :p

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2014, 10:17:04 AM »
Changelog:
Adjusted values to represent Pathfinder skill set (1 rank max atm, +3 class bonus when appropriate).  And the trait, which I'm putting in Perform since I never plan to pick up any bard levels.

Oh, and shuffling around some items to afford an instrument.  A lute should be a good stand in for a shamisen.  Merci.
Mudada.

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2014, 10:18:14 AM »

Eh, it really depends. For instance, I still have plans to use it for a fine-sized butterfly ninja at some point, which isn't terribly threatening but is good at hiding. :p

I love ninjas lol :) so good luck with whatever campaign that's in lol :p i just dont think i want A.A.s in my campaign lol.

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2014, 10:19:17 AM »
Changelog:
Adjusted values to represent Pathfinder skill set (1 rank max atm, +3 class bonus when appropriate).  And the trait, which I'm putting in Perform since I never plan to pick up any bard levels.

Oh, and shuffling around some items to afford an instrument.  A lute should be a good stand in for a shamisen.  Merci.

I like it and i say go for it :)

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2014, 12:57:14 PM »
As a last minute thought you are not yet associated with the clans, you know of them, but are not a part of them. If you wish to join one later you may. If you play a class that has to have a class such as samurai choose a clan that suits the feata your supposed to have to choose from for bonus feats, but you currently right now remain clanless.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2014, 01:16:36 PM »
Now I have to change my backstory. :(

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2014, 01:22:13 PM »
Well we don't wanna change to much so if you want you can still be associated with a clan. After some thought i can still work it in. That's my bad tho. :p lol.

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2014, 01:28:54 PM »
That's my bad i figured no one had back stories yet, if you do tho you don't have to change them. I can modify to suit it :)