Author Topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe  (Read 3709 times)

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Marvel Cinematic Universe
« on: April 27, 2018, 11:51:59 PM »
I just seen Infinity War and I'll give it 5 out of 10 Marvel Stars, which is like a 7-out-of-10 in normal film ratings but the MCU has a high bar to live up to.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 12:29:47 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 04:08:01 PM »
Got to see it.  Liked it on it's own, separate from the historical comics. 
I have most of those originals ... and it's very different.

Anyway, it's worth seeing.  Definitely NOT a classic Hollywood ending.
'Cept it's technically the halfway point.  It'll be interesting to see how
they make the Time Gem = the ~equal of the other 5 Gems, in terms of "the" plan.

(was that a spoiler, uh, not really sorta)

Trying to make Thanos a contemporary american ideologue Anti-Hero,
instead of the worst of the worst of the worst and girl crazy ?! ?!
Well that part is just plain old weird ... lol aDMg's anything ...
Changes the flavor quite a bit ; probably market research >>>> the orginals.

I'm at a loss, trying to figure what the main story line will be, for the sequel.
 :???  :plot

Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 06:19:39 PM »
(click to show/hide)
The goal of power is power. - 1984
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow
The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga still sux.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 04:36:55 PM »
Up Coming: Antman 2
So if this takes place before Infinity War you can bet Antman dies. Wasp is needed to complete the trifecta of powerful women, and Paul's comedic tilt it too much for Infinity War Part 2: Title Is Spoilers.

There is a scene in Antman 2 that dovetails directly with Infinity War,
putting it squarely within the IW's timeline.

There's a guy John Urschel, who is an ahead of curve mathematician and
was a Baltimore Raven's lineman until the NFL concussion study came out.
He read it and quit immediately !!   (high Wisdom to go with them Knowledge skills, eh?)
Football's loss , everyone else's gain.  Here's what he's been up to.
Ant-Man: The Science of Ants | Marvel University
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eAMvlHDn9E

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 05:18:22 PM »
 :o
Did Thanos Kill You ?!

http://www.didthanoskill.me/

Spideyverse didn't have any crossover.
But the graphics were awesome !!
(and yet too fast, I could watch it at half speed and get so much more boom out of it).
Kathryn Hahn is all meow'ed up.
 :D

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 01:54:33 AM »
Is it O.K to spoil Endgame already?

I'll wager it's already safe and pitchforks and torches are secured and stashed...

(click to show/hide)
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 04:38:11 PM »
Thanos wasn't quite the focus this go round.
<spoilers>

Everything that happens before any of the 3 snaps, is A. O. K. and easily explained as duh infinity gauntlet, dude.
Anything that happens after the last one, is debatable.

The ending has had lots of gristmilling.
In the original comics, at one point a burnt to a crisp Nebula grabs the Gauntlet from the leftover body of super-Thanos.  There's a line in there, something like even a dullard could defeat the marvel U gods with the infinity gauntlet.
So in the movie Captain America "fixes" everything but it happens off screen.
I can see him easily accomplishing any part of the return of most of the gems, but not all of them.
Once he's down to just the Time Gem and the Space Gem, he isn't that much stronger than whichever beings it was that had the gems in the first place, taken away by Thanos.
So his last act with the Time Gem would be to send him away from it, to the correct capital T time (leaving the time gem behind in the time stream) ... Where+When he could hopefully cross your fingers deposit the Space Gem in exactly the right place, at approximately the right enough time, and with no interference right at his weakest and most critical moment.
I don't think Cap's character has ever been portrayed as up to that specific a theoretical thinking process.
For sure the Hollywood writers aren't up to the task, but the comics guys are.

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 01:37:56 AM »
grumble grumble

(click to show/hide)

i dislike being manipulated

Spiderman movie : small kid in spider costume steps toward Rhino (I think), real spiderman returns and tells the kid 'he's got it' (not a quote)
Capt America : Falcon says 'When Capt A. asks for your help'

they did it like 5 times in a row toward the end of this one..

(click to show/hide)

Anim-manga still sux.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2019, 02:33:43 AM »
I disagree. They'd seen how much it'd taken the Hulk to un-do snap. Then Stark died using stones just to kill Thanos. They definitely did not have enough time to tinker with the stones and find out who'd be both able to use it to bring back Tony and other assorted deceased, and that would also not be at risk of getting corrupted by Ultimate Cosmic Power (tm) to also use it for their own purposes.

Oh, i'm sure Captain Marvel in her MCU incarnation could probably handle the gauntlet without getting obliterated, especially if it only meant bringing back those who died in the battle. But she's also very much of an unknown quantity. Doesn't seem to care nearly as much about Earth as she does about the universe at large, and who knows what she'd do if she got her hands on the stones.

Other candidates are equally not as trustworthy as one would like with Cosmic Power and, frankly, at that point most of everyone involved who had a say on the matter had probably had enough of tomfoolery with the unpredictable and too-powerful-for-their-own good stones that they just agreed to let bygones be bygones.

They'd won, took some losses, but overall made it out on top, and any additional fuckery with powers beyond human comprehension had, frankly, about a 50-50 of ending up with more harm than good, so they just cashed in on their hard earned victory and started on mending damage done and getting over a universe-traumatizing 5 years dealing with the fallout of the snap.

Here's to hoping that future scripts addresses how the world and universe at large dealt with a sudden 100% increase in population universe-wide after economy and farming had 5 years to bounce back to the newly 50% decrease in population.

I sure wouldn't want to be a judge in a post-snap world where i had to un-do that many inheritances and property claims.

In fact, being brutally realistic, everyone coming back after 5 years gone would almost assuredly have a bigger impact than 50% of everyone disappearing at once, especially if the economy has had time to readjust somewhat to the very much decreased population.

Just absolute madness, through and through. It'd take double that time to bounce back to a semblance of stability and that's accounting for super-powered superhero cops and sci-fantasy tech.

But passing a 10s reference in a future movie, i don't think they're going to get that deep into the fallout of post-snap reordering of the whole universe. Whole can of worms there, i think they're just going to gloss over it and 99,9% of audience won't think too deeply of it and so they'd be ok.
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 02:52:31 PM »
Capt Marv
Thor
I suspect Groot
Hulk (he'll heal)

bringing the 50% back would totally be a disaster.

Anim-manga still sux.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2019, 05:51:47 PM »
Wolverine ... would flat-line for a while, and then burst up memory-less again ( uh -- gain ).

Phoenix ... but Xavier would caution against with good reason.

Silver Surfer ... the movie rights are separated which is stupid but whatevers

Yeah the "Halved-World" economy would be really weird but more functional than portrayed,
the "Half-Back-World" economy would be near starvation in no time,
lots of people would die ... except ... while having ultimate power Hulk (not Iron Man)
would have figured out how to do it (omni level Knowledge check of course he knows)
and in a way he could follow his own super-self directions.  Luckily Hulk didn't die.

President Hulk makes the "Half-Back-World" work ... Hulk Out kids !

:p  :smirk  :poke  0:)  :debate

Offline Andrea

• Lurker
  • Happy always :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2023, 10:08:17 AM »
After so many years on this post, I wanted to post to put it in perspective, I feel the Marvel movies have been dropped a bit on quality, however, the current cinematic events effects are still just amazing... meaning.

On top of that, after so many years if you can watch even the old ones on the new TVs for example using OLED technology, it is quite cool.
[Pirate1] You have the manners of a beggar.   
[Pirate2] I wanted to make sure you'd feel comfortable with me.