Author Topic: Dokufu(WIP)  (Read 9598 times)

Offline WarHunter

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Dokufu(WIP)
« on: March 18, 2019, 08:00:12 AM »
Ok 3rd attempt of the Dokufu is done what do you think?

As this is a spider monster there are some parts I borrowed from Oslecamo many works (mostly monsterous spider, aranea)

Dokufu

HD10

Level BAB Fort Ref Will Feature
1+1+2+2 +0Dokufu body, Dex +2
2+2+3+3 +0Silk, Web, Con +1, Dex +1
3+3+3+3+1Lure transformation, Dex +1, Str +1
4+4+4+4+1Juvenile Molt, Con +1, Str +1
5+5+4+4+1Implant eggs, Con +1, Str +1
6+6+5+5+2Vomit spawn, Con +1, Str +1
7+7+5+5 +2Improved Lure transformation, Con +1, Str +1
8 +8 +6 +6 +2Adolescent Molt, Con +1, Str +1
9 +9 +6 +6+3Arachnophobia, Con +1, Str +1
10+10 +7 +7 +3Mountainous Strength, Con +1, Str +1
11 +11 +7 +7 +3Greater Lure transformation, Con +1, Str +1
12 +12 +8 +8 +4Adult Molt, Con +1, Str +1
13 +13 +8 +8 +4Cocooning Crib, Con +1, Str +1
14 +14 +9 +9 +4Ingested Haven, Con +1, Str +1
15 +15 +10 +10 +5---, Con +1, Str +1
16 +16 +10 +10 +5Mountain Mettle, Con +1, Str +1
17 +17 +11 +11 +5Spawn Space, Con +1, Str +1,
18 +18 +11 +11 +6Mountainous Swarm, Con +1, Str +1
19 +19 +12 +12 +6Spawn Coordination, Con +1, Str +1

Skills:4+int modifier per level, quadruple at 1st level. Class skills are Bluff (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Climb (Str), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (all taken individually)(Int), Decipher Script (Int), Knowledge (all taken individually)(Int),  Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (all taken individually)(Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), and Survival (Wis).

Proficiencies: Its own natural weapons

Features:

Dokufu body: At 1st level, the dokufu loses all other racial bonus and gets magic beast traits(darkvision 60 feets and low light vision). It's a small sized magic beast(shadowland subtype) with base speed 30 and climb speed 20 and 2 foreclaw attacks dealing 1d4 str mod damage(each). It gains a +8 bonus to all climb checks and can always take 10 in that skill, even if rushed or threatened.

Silk: dokufu often use their webs to bring down prey. A single strand is strong enough to support the spider and one creature of the same size, and the Dofuku can produce a “ silk rope” up to 10 feet times its Con Mod times its HD per day as an immediate action, that dissolves by itself after 24 hours. The tips of this silk are naturally sticky and thus can be attached to any inanimate solid surface as a touch attack made as part of the action in creating the silk without need of any extra help. Thus a Dokufu that finds itself falling on a pit could try to attach a strand of silk in a nearby surface for example. The Dokufu can choose to produce multiple shorter ropes of diferent lenghts over the course of a day.

Web: a Dokufu can throw a Web as a standard action a number of times per day equal to 3+1/2 HD. This is similar to an attack with a net, (including a trailing rope of silk up to its maximum range, that doesn't cost Silk) with a range increment of 10 feet, and is effective against targets up to one size category larger than the spider. An entangled creature can escape with a successful  Escape Artist check or burst it with a Strength check, for both actions the DCs are DC 10+HD+Con mod and takes a standard action per try. Any creature trying to use spells, SLAs, psionics or similar while in this web must suceed on a Concentration check with DC 10+HD+Con mod or fail. This web has 5 HP per HD, It cannot be used again once removed from the target one way or the other. At 12 HD the web defies any freedom of movement abilities and acts as a planar anchor.

Lure transformation: gains shapechange subtype. As a standard action, a dokufu can change between its two forms. In humanoid form, its physical ability
scores are lowered by the amount that being a dokufu granted it. Also loses any natural armor and attacks it gained from dokufu class. It cannot use its dofuku abilities besides cast web, silk, implant eggs, . This ability is otherwise similar to a shapechange spell with DC on disguise and bluff check equal to 10+hd+Con mod and skill ranks.

Juvenile Molt: when able to get 8 hours uninterrupted rest the Dokufu can molt once. Grow 1 size category larger thus increasing the size of its natural  weapons, is a long creature, and increase natural armor by 1 after 24 hours.

Implant Eggs (Ex): in spider form, a dokufu that hits with a claw attack can inject an egg into the opponent's body The affected creature must succeed at a Fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 HD+ con mod) to avoid implantation, in either form, the dokufu often implants an unconscious or otherwise helpless creature (which gets no saving throw). The young hatch in four weeks, literally devouring the host from inside.

Vomit spawn: a dokufu can spit out any number of its developing spawn from its digestive system, either spewing them on the ground or hurling them directly at opponents up to 60 feet away (a successful ranged touch attack at +14 puts up to 1 large swarm covering atleast 1 square of opponent’s space without provoking an attack of opportunity). Dokufu spawn are Tiny
Dokufu(size down small Dokufu). Once a dokufu uses this ability, it can’t use it again until 1d4 rounds later. At any time as long as they are still alive it can withdraw them back into its stomach as a swift action. Dokufu spawn can be taught to ignore allies.

Improved lure transformation: This form is naturally gifted at slipping in to places as well as slipping poison into food and drink (Sleight of Hand, diplomacy, intimidate, and Bluff skill bonuses increased by HD). Can transform as a move action now and gains half the stat bonus and natural armor it gains from the Dokufu class.

Adolescent Molt: when able to get 8 hours uninterrupted rest the Dokufu can molt once. Grow 1 size category larger thus increasing the size of its natural weapons, is a long creature, and increase natural armor by 1 after 24 hours.

Arachnophobia: A dokufu in its natural form unsettles foes with its mere presence. The ability takes effect automatically whenever the creature attacks, charges, or changes into its natural form. Creatures within a radius of 50 feet are subject to the effect if they have fewer HD than the dokufu.
A potentially affected creature that succeeds at a Will save (DC 10+HD) remains immune to that dokufu’s frightful presence for one day. On a failure, creatures with 4 or fewer HD become panicked for 4d6 rounds and those with 5 or more HD become shaken for 4d6 rounds.

Mountainous Tenacity : a Dokufu can add its Str mod to Initiative checks, AC and Will saves.

Great lure transformation: can change forms as a free action once per round. Keeps all stat and natural armor increases in human form.

Adult Molt: when able to get 8 hours uninterrupted rest the Dokufu can molt once. Grow 1 size category larger thus increasing the size of its natural weapons, and is a long creature and increase natural armor by 1 after 24 hours.

Cocooning Crib: Any creature rendered entangled may be the host of your eggs as you inject into them, con mod plus your dokufu hd in d20 of eggs. After 24 hours they will kill their host if not removed with a heal check DC 10+1/2HD+Con mod. When the dokufulings burst forth if not around their parent dokufu will wander away without much chance of survival, the dokufu spawn are a swarm once they reach a number of 300. They are tiny creatures and a swarm have the following (cap of 1200 spawn are controllable, the rest wander away),
(click to show/hide)

Ingested Haven: a Dokufu can swallow prey whole instead of pinning it with a grapple, any freedom of movement, teleportation, and shifting planes is disable for its prey for this. If prey isn't already packaged host of its offspring it will be attacked by any of the dofuku's spawn currently in its stomach(taking swarm damage if their are enough spawn inside to make a swarm). A swallowed creature that manages to escape from the dokufu’s web can cut its way out of the stomach by using claws or a Small or Tiny slashing weapon to deal 25 points of damage to the stomach (current ac, this damage is done to the dokufu but damage reduction applied to the damage done to the dokufu but not the required amount to escape). When the creature exits, all swarm currently attacking it spill out with it; then muscular action closes the hole. Other swallowed creatures must then cut their own paths out. The dokufu’s interior can hold one Large, two Medium size, four Small, eight Tiny, sixteen Diminutive, or thirty-two Fine or smaller opponents (as a huge creature/not including spawn).

Mountain Mettle: can resist magical and unusual attacks with great willpower or fortitude. If it makes a successful Will or Fortitude save against an attack that normally would have a lesser effect on a successful save (such as any spell with a saving throw entry of Will half or Fortitude partial), it instead completely negates the effect.

Spawn Space: your spawn are very unnerving, treat area that spawn are in and the adjacent space as difficult terrain. This area also affects skill checks of opponents penalizing them equal to dokufu con mod. This is a mind effecting ability.

Mountainous Swarm: the Dokufu's swarm damage increases by the the Dokufu str and con mod bonuses.

Spawn Coordination: Your Spawn swarm do threaten adjacent squares and can apply swarm damage to enemies in those squares, they also can flank enemies for yourself or allies.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 02:11:50 AM by WarHunter »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: Dokufu(WIP)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 08:27:23 AM »
First things first, why are you using an obscure subsystem for a monster that had zero connection to it? Very few people have any idea on how incarnum works, and multiple of the Dokufu's abilities will demand people to waste precious resources finding obscure to figure out how said abilities work just because they want to play an oriental spider while having no interest in incarnum. Why? Just why? It's giant oriental spider.

What's there to gain? Can't you just say "when the dokufu noms people gains dokufu points that can be spent for X and Y as a Z action"?

Also the dokufu is CR 19 and that means 19 levels.

Offline WarHunter

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 04:36:56 AM »
Just a personal opinion of mine and a few others that oriental adventures/rokugan work really well with soul magic. The only thing of essentia that needs to be explained is how much essentia you can Invest per HD so I will include that. Thanks for the advice.

I guess I could add more levels, great news as I was feeling I was rushing at the end to fit everything in.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 05:08:21 AM »
You keep mentioning 5e long rests when the size growth features come up.

Offline WarHunter

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 02:01:32 PM »
That is highly impossible as I haven't looked into 5e rules at all.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 02:02:45 PM »

It says "when taking a long rest". Long rests don't exist in 3.5, that's a 5e term.

Offline TC X0 Lt 0X

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • The TC Storywriter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 02:58:40 PM »
It seems like the long rest was just meant as a vaguely defined period of time to shed the exoskeleton. If that is the case, I would just specify a specific amount of time, perhaps something like 1d4 days.

I would also suggest having an ACF build of the class that doesn't include Incarnum. I get where you are going with it, but the monsters classes try to be independent of things not in the SRD (and often enough ToB). Keep the Incarnum in the main class, and the alternate class will be for non Incarnum builds for games not utilizing Incarnum or if the player doesn't want to miss with though rules.

Storm Shield mentions lightning and thunder damage, but there is no such thing as thunder damage. The closest thing would be Sonic damage.

Mountain Strength is a bit heavy, and the class does not have a natural armor bonus at 1st typical for monster classes of this type. Maybe shift the str bonus to AC down to Dokufu body as a bonus to Natural Armor? Or maybe yet, set it as Con to Natural Armor at 1st level, and let Mountain strength let you swap it out down the road (Str to AC is pretty potent at 1st level given how easy it is to boost).
Im really bad at what I do.
A+

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 06:46:44 PM »
Just a personal opinion of mine and a few others that oriental adventures/rokugan work really well with soul magic. The only thing of essentia that needs to be explained is how much essentia you can Invest per HD so I will include that. Thanks for the advice.

If you don't care at all about my advice, just feel free to say so and I won't ever bother you again instead of being sarcastic because there's no such thing "explained" and your current version can invest all the essentia right away in everything. If you keep your sarcasm, I'll consider that as a confirmation that you don't wish me to interact with you ever again and I will respect your wishes.

But that's hardly the only issue, plenty of other problems with you just jamming incarnum in and not caring about all the strings attached.

I would also suggest having an ACF build of the class that doesn't include Incarnum. I get where you are going with it, but the monsters classes try to be independent of things not in the SRD (and often enough ToB). Keep the Incarnum in the main class, and the alternate class will be for non Incarnum builds for games not utilizing Incarnum or if the player doesn't want to miss with though rules.
If incarnum must be in then at least incarnum should be the ACF.

(also ToB base rules were made freely available by wotc themselves)

Offline WarHunter

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 02:40:09 AM »
I do apologize about the misunderstanding, I was not being sarcastic (maybe more light hearted than appropriate) I have been sick/unconscious for the last few days, so I have not gotten around to if explaining the incarnum bit.

I do value your input but I have included some small amount of incarnum in all my monster classes. This was the least toned one (minus the Kavu) as it doesn't grant soulmeld just essentia investment- I just really like the mechanics of it. Sense I have more levels I was going to tie it in better.

I don't know what ACF means- I'll look into. I'm sorry I'm ignorant.

I did not know this... nor really understand it.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2019, 02:59:34 AM »
I do apologize about the misunderstanding, I was not being sarcastic (maybe more light hearted than appropriate) I have been sick/unconscious for the last few days, so I have not gotten around to if explaining the incarnum bit.
Then you should rest first and only return to reply when you have a clear head and are ready to edit in changes.

I do value your input but I have included some small amount of incarnum in all my monster classes. This was the least toned one (minus the Kavu) as it doesn't grant soulmeld just essentia investment- I just really like the mechanics of it. Sense I have more levels I was going to tie it in better.

I don't know what ACF means- I'll look into. I'm sorry I'm ignorant.
Alternate Class Feature. Basically different options/paths for the same class. You already did stuff like that previously, offering incarnum in your class but also offering non-incarnum parallel choices so that one could play your stuff whitout bothering with said incarnum.

I did not know this... nor really understand it.
They made available the warblade and all the official maneuvers.

Offline WarHunter

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2019, 03:12:56 AM »
Then you should rest first and only return to reply when you have a clear head and are ready to edit in changes.
Yeah it's a bad habit I have, when feverish or drunk I post gaming content even if it's not finished.

For example this post
I made while at the hospital. Thats how sick I've been. Are long rests really not a thing in 3.5? I'm going to look into it....ok so its list as 8 hours of rest.

Offline Doxkid

• Lurker
  • The tyrant that loved you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2019, 03:37:00 PM »
This could probably be condensed into 12 or so levels, much like the Monstrous Crab and the Monstrous Spider.

There are two abilities that spawn spiders, but no mention of what happens to a baby spider after you spawn it; does it immediately leave? Does it stick around, allowing you to build a massive spiderling army? Does it dissolve into goo?

Growth can be set to a schedule (like it is in Monstrous Spider) allowing you to condense a bit more.

Why is "Bait form" like a ShapeChange spell cast by a level 20 sorcerer? Normally "Like a spell cast by an X level Y" scales with HD; besides that, there are other options for changing form like the Change Shape ability or Alternate Form.

Ghost Eyes: Every creature you kill grants you some of its spirit, anything you kill that has a soul gives you a point of essentia per hour of HD it had-> Not entirely sure what you mean.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2019, 07:12:56 PM »
This could probably be condensed into 12 or so levels, much like the Monstrous Crab and the Monstrous Spider.

A monster class must have at least as many levels at its original CR unless it's epic in which case it's ok to leave it at 20 levels long.

Offline WarHunter

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2019, 10:57:15 PM »
No it was originally 12 levels and as they have said its cr is 19 so it should be 19 and I not changing it back

There are two abilities that spawn spiders, but no mention of what happens to a baby spider after you spawn it; does it immediately leave? Does it stick around, allowing you to build a massive spiderling army? Does it dissolve into goo?
There really should only be one way to spawn baby dokufu... they become an army until they reach their 1st level of dokufu then they wander away.

Growth can be set to a schedule (like it is in Monstrous Spider) allowing you to condense a bit more.
No I like it my way Haha, I is all about the Molt.

Why is "Bait form" like a ShapeChange spell cast by a level 20 sorcerer? Normally "Like a spell cast by an X level Y" scales with HD; besides that, there are other options for changing form like the Change Shape ability or Alternate Form.
ok I will change that, thanks.

Ghost Eyes: Every creature you kill grants you some of its spirit, anything you kill that has a soul gives you a point of essentia per hour of HD it had-> Not entirely sure what you mean.
non construct and undead prey Grants you 1 point of essentia after eating it. Depending on the HD of the prey determines how long you can keep the essentia.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2019, 04:07:23 AM »
Comments:
-The new spider point system could probably use a cap of how many you can invest otherwise the Dokufu can unlock quite potent abilities early on just by eating a lot. Also clarify what's the action needed to "assign" them to each ability that uses them or if they're automatically assigned when gained and can't be changed later.
-Bait form's bonus to skills should be of the racial type and also clarify what exactly counts as "social" skills. Disguise? Sense Motive? Profession? If you say all charisma ones, then that's a massive bonus to Use Magic device. Also if the DC to see through the disguise uses all your skill ranks then that's pretty much impossible to beat, so if it's supposed to be a single skill, needs to be clarified.
-Ghost mantle needs an activation action.
-Shadow Chitin is a good example why there needs to be a cap on how many spider points you can have at a time otherwise the Dokufu can gorge itself until having triple digits DR or something.
-As written since Adult Molt makes you lose Infant Armament it means no more poison and unable to gain more spider points.
-Cocooning Crib doesn't mention what good are the newly hatched baby spiders if you are around to keep an eye in them.
-Does attacking the stomach also deals damage to the Dokufu? Does it go over its DR/Jade?
-Fetal Help has a fixed attack bonus which is strange. Also if the spawns are based in a  small dokufu, does that mean up to 3rd level or just 1st level?
Also no cap on how many you can keep around? Can you just keep spewing them until you are a legion? How do they even work as perimeter alarm?
-Mountainous Strength is a bit out of nowhere, would probably be best to split in multiple abilities over the levels which allow you to add Str or Dex to something one by one instead of all at once.
-Satellite Swarm wait what, you can spawn an endless number of them and now they fully copy your combat stats? This means you can make an infinite army of yourself... :psyduck
-Lunar Blessing is flavourful but still not very clear. What stats? AC? Attacks? Ability scores? Skills? Caster level? And what's the action to do so? And again what's stopping the dokufu from gorging itself in a herd for some hundreds of spider points to super buff a minion?

Really there's several interesting ideas but it's lacking organization and clarity. Here's some suggestions besides what's already been said:
-Cap on how many spider points can be invested in each ability and total.
-Formula for creating spawns.
-Limit on how many spawns you can control at a time (excess run away or eat each other or something).
-For the swarms, just add HP and HD together and give them swarm traits on top.

Oh, also it starts at small and only seems to get 3 growths (juvenile, adolescent, adult) so never reaches the original gargantuan size, needs to either start at medium or another growth somewhere.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 04:09:30 AM by oslecamo »

Offline WarHunter

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2019, 08:36:23 AM »
Comments:
-The new spider point system could probably use a cap of how many you can invest otherwise the Dokufu can unlock quite potent abilities early on just by eating a lot. Also clarify what's the action needed to "assign" them to each ability that uses them or if they're automatically assigned when gained and can't be changed later.
-Yeah, a cap would be good.

-Bait form's bonus to skills should be of the racial type and also clarify what exactly counts as "social" skills. Disguise? Sense Motive? Profession? If you say all charisma ones, then that's a massive bonus to Use Magic device. Also if the DC to see through the disguise uses all your skill ranks then that's pretty much impossible to beat, so if it's supposed to be a single skill, needs to be clarified.
-bait form already mentions disguise so I guess I'll write out bluff, diplomacy, intimidation. Should put in that it doesn't go into martial maneuvers.
-Ghost mantle needs an activation action.
-Got it will look into it.
-Shadow Chitin is a good example why there needs to be a cap on how many spider points you can have at a time otherwise the Dokufu can gorge itself until having triple digits DR or something.
-yep will get on those caps
-As written since Adult Molt makes you lose Infant Armament it means no more poison and unable to gain more spider points.
-yes it loses poison but since to gain spider points it only has to eat does losing its bit mean it can't eat?
-Cocooning Crib doesn't mention what good are the newly hatched baby spiders if you are around to keep an eye in them.
I had written responses to all these and lost them because I shouldn't be doing this at 5am. My answer is to feed them? Idk it's been a real challenge to make sense of why the dokufu takes care of it spawn? And how? This is a constant source of challenges for this.
-Does attacking the stomach also deals damage to the Dokufu? Does it go over its DR/Jade?
-Yes, no
-Fetal Help has a fixed attack bonus which is strange. Also if the spawns are based in a  small dokufu, does that mean up to 3rd level or just 1st level?
Also no cap on how many you can keep around? Can you just keep spewing them until you are a legion? How do they even work as perimeter alarm?
-that attack bonus is more a goal to vomit a spawn(s) into an empty square. Yeah I don't know why would the original player character leave its legion in the first place. They should be able to understand simple commands like stay, scream if you see anything.
-Mountainous Strength is a bit out of nowhere, would probably be best to split in multiple abilities over the levels which allow you to add Str or Dex to something one by one instead of all at once.
-Monsterous spider has a similar ability, I think another monster of spider persuasion has the same ability so I thought why not the dokufu?
-Satellite Swarm wait what, you can spawn an endless number of them and now they fully copy your combat stats? This means you can make an infinite army of yourself... :psyduck
-is this bad?(I am kidding but this is a challenge to make the dokufu spawn with it)
-Lunar Blessing is flavourful but still not very clear. What stats? AC? Attacks? Ability scores? Skills? Caster level? And what's the action to do so? And again what's stopping the dokufu from gorging itself in a herd for some hundreds of spider points to super buff a minion?
Really there's several interesting ideas but it's lacking organization and clarity. Here's some suggestions besides what's already been said:
-ability scores. Maybe there should be a limit of of spider points it can gain.
-Limit on how many spawns you can control at a time (excess run away or eat each other or something).
I apologize I thought they calling then a swarm was sufficient to giving them a swarm template.
Oh, also it starts at small and only seems to get 3 growths (juvenile, adolescent, adult) so never reaches the original gargantuan size, needs to either start at medium or another growth somewhere.
-i always thought it got to huge not gargantuan, should I just increase all the sizes up by one?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2019, 10:15:24 AM »
-yes it loses poison but since to gain spider points it only has to eat does losing its bit mean it can't eat?
The ability to gain spider points it's tied to Infant Armament, so if the dokufu loses it...

So the eating part for spider points should be made a separate ability.

Or just start with two claws and skip poison bite.

I had written responses to all these and lost them because I shouldn't be doing this at 5am. My answer is to feed them? Idk it's been a real challenge to make sense of why the dokufu takes care of it spawn? And how? This is a constant source of challenges for this.
A spawn control cap should be enough.

-Monsterous spider has a similar ability, I think another monster of spider persuasion has the same ability so I thought why not the dokufu?
Ah, fair enough then.

-is this bad?(I am kidding but this is a challenge to make the dokufu spawn with it)
-ability scores. Maybe there should be a limit of of spider points it can gain.
Yes, there should.

I apologize I thought they calling then a swarm was sufficient to giving them a swarm template.
There is no actual swarm template, but there are swarm traits, you should specify, just like saying something becomes an undead is not as clear as saying they gain undead traits.

-i always thought it got to huge not gargantuan, should I just increase all the sizes up by one?
Ups, you're right the original is only huge, nevermind then. :blush

Offline WarHunter

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2019, 11:30:48 PM »
Plan to redo this class, should I delete this thread and repost it after I make alterations? Planning I add spell casting and removing the shadow, ghost, and storm abilities, moon abilities (those will be changed and renamed.) Spider points and essentia feat going to.

My d&d group thinks it should be a lower level class, like 9-12 levels and I just don't want to change it back to where it started.

Offline WarHunter

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2019, 04:07:08 AM »
Alright this is my revision

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2019, 11:42:56 PM »
Shadow Spirit says it's cleric casting equal to level-1 but then at the end says it's 2/3 level, which one is that supposed to be again? :psyduck

Can't really comment in most of the rest since it depends heavily on the Dokufu being a cleric just one level behind or slower progression overall.

However spawns are still too OP with cap equal to HD while sharing most offensive and defensive stats even if they're glass cannonish. In particular considering the Dokufu can just spit more during battle to replace losses (or just hide somewhere and send wave after wave of spawns to a dangerous location, they'll trigger all the traps and ambushes if nothing else). So needs either lower cap or lower spawn stats (like half offensive/defensive stats or a -X penalty).

Either way should clarify that the cap applies to all spawns regardless of the ability used to create them.