Author Topic: Spin-off OOC  (Read 94490 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: Spin-off OOC
« Reply #300 on: June 13, 2013, 03:06:24 PM »
New feats done.

On another note, I now realized I had a typo at the gods prc. Maneuver learning was at half IL+1, when it should be half (IL+1).

Fixed it, but now Regideus has higher level maneuvers than it should. Please take care of that, and sorry for the trouble.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 29, 2013, 09:32:00 AM »
So, what's happening here?
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 29, 2013, 10:50:56 AM »
I was about to ask the same thing.

You seem to be undecided between going right into the tick of fighting at AC 27, or going for a more "easy tutorial" battle by fighting some nearby raiders.

If it is of help, remember this is Fire Emblem, so among every group of enemies/location, there's a good chance you can find allies willing to fight for you given the right "incentive", performing garrsion duty if nothing else. In particular with Missigno in your side. :p

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 29, 2013, 11:09:09 AM »
I'm honestly not bothered with what we do, so I've kind of run out of stuff to contribute to planning. Though I will continue to have Myriam advocate the most 'fun' course of action. :lmao

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #304 on: July 02, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »
Attention All:

I will be attending Dexcon (The super awesome convention of gaming and such what) from Wednesday July 3 to Sunday July 7. I may or may not have access to the Interwebs during this time. Please consider this a leave of absence for the above dates. Thanking you.
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 04, 2013, 08:15:01 PM »
'Capture the woman'. Pffthahahahahah.

Aaaaand question: has it been eight hours, or would I risk driving everyone mad by actually transforming? :p

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 04, 2013, 08:18:10 PM »
Tecnically 8 hours haven't passed, but since you've all been living in the castle for at least some time, I guess it would be fair to say you can transform whitout afflicting your current allies.

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 04, 2013, 11:30:05 PM »
May I just say, I love having characters with one or more combat stats that can be summed up as "Yes."

Whether it's Krezznorg's lifting capacity or Maurice's Initiative, I loves me some absurd values.
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 05, 2013, 01:26:28 AM »
Clanjos, it's usually considered rude in PBPs to post before other players have rolled initiative, even if your character is almost guaranteed to go first.  Give people a couple days to reply, especially since today was a holiday for the US people (and maybe Brits celebrating the fact that they got rid of us) and weekends tend to be better times for posting.

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 05, 2013, 01:40:58 AM »
Clanjos, it's usually considered rude in PBPs to post before other players have rolled initiative, even if your character is almost guaranteed to go first.  Give people a couple days to reply, especially since today was a holiday for the US people (and maybe Brits celebrating the fact that they got rid of us) and weekends tend to be better times for posting.

This is an Oslecamo game, so initiative is done by team rather than by character. That is to say, the only ones he's being rude to are the bad guys and he probably beat them handily.

EDIT: Since the enemy rolls were posted, he could know for sure that our team would go first and go ahead and act.

EDIT the second: Since we segued straight into going to look for bad guys, I'm going to assume Regideus had time to offer anyone who wanted it a Blessing of the Mighty Earth (+2 untyped to str for the rest of the day) up to 4 different characters. Anyone up for that?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 01:49:26 AM by Concerned Ninja Citizen »

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 05, 2013, 01:46:03 AM »

This is an Oslecamo game, so initiative is done by team rather than by character. That is to say, the only ones he's being rude to are the bad guys and he probably beat them handily.

Ah, I was wondering why the initiative in the first thread was a bit odd.  I'll look through it again to make sure I know what's going on.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 05, 2013, 08:17:18 AM »
I'm up for a +2 to STR. It's veeeeery handy for what I do best.

now, where to position myself for maximum insanity...

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 05, 2013, 11:44:54 AM »
Hold on a sec: Despite it being teams, don't we go in the actual order of our rolls?  So it'd be Maurice first, then Alan, etc?  Unless Regideus rolls high enough to tie or pass, but that's a 10% chance.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 05, 2013, 11:56:16 AM »
No. People go in any order, and if any buffs show up part way it's assumed they're being used in the most advantageous order--for both sides.

Basically, everyone on a team is acting simultaneously. Much less bookkeeping and getting held up waiting days for one person to get on.

I hope this doesn't go like the Phantasy Star game where everyone starts in a different place to me. :(

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 05, 2013, 02:38:27 PM »
Yeah, Raineh is correct. I don't think it's even necessary for those who haven't rolled to do so, since our team has already won initiative.

As an aside, I feel like it would be a good idea to have a sticky in all Olse's campaign forums that says this, since we get lots of questions about it every game (and I've seen at least one instance of someone missing their turn because they thought they acted after the enemies.)

I'm up for a +2 to STR. It's veeeeery handy for what I do best.

You have +2 str for the rest of the day.

EDIT: I think "You come from the bottom edge of the map. Pick starting positions." was intended to mean "pick any square along the bottom edge of the map as your starting position."
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 02:59:17 PM by Concerned Ninja Citizen »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: July 05, 2013, 06:01:46 PM »
... I admit that I probably missed the 'bottom of the map' bit for some reason. I'll think of something else to do tomorrow;can't think straight enough to do it now. XD

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 05, 2013, 06:36:59 PM »
Some questions: Can my cohort (and/or anyone else who wishes to) remain standing on top of Regideus during combat? If so, how will that work as far as casting/spellshaping and being targeted by attacks?

In your mob template rewrite* the mob anatomy special quality contains the line "A mob can be flanked, tripped, bull rushed by anyone." Is this accurate or is it supposed to read "can't be..."?

I'm also confused by this passage:

Saves: A mob uses the same saving throws as the base creature, but failed saves never result in anything worst than negative levels as it loses members. Effects that don't instantly disable a creature (like blindness or curse) have no effect whatsoever on the mob.

So, even an effect that encompasses the whole of the mob's area cannot inflict status conditions on it? Why not? If the whole mob is subject to an effect that blinds, why shouldn't the mob be blinded?

And what about effects that do "instantly disable" and have the area to encompass the whole mob? An area daze, for example?

*Just in case anyone hasn't had a look at it, the square blocks are mobs made using these rules and the one in the larger ruin set is probably a led mob.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 06:39:43 PM by Concerned Ninja Citizen »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 06, 2013, 01:29:21 PM »
Some questions: Can my cohort (and/or anyone else who wishes to) remain standing on top of Regideus during combat? If so, how will that work as far as casting/spellshaping and being targeted by attacks?
Use riding rules, but in combat you can only fit as many as there's confortable space. You're considered ill suited as a mount.

In your mob template rewrite* the mob anatomy special quality contains the line "A mob can be flanked, tripped, bull rushed by anyone." Is this accurate or is it supposed to read "can't be..."?
Fixed.

I'm also confused by this passage:

Saves: A mob uses the same saving throws as the base creature, but failed saves never result in anything worst than negative levels as it loses members. Effects that don't instantly disable a creature (like blindness or curse) have no effect whatsoever on the mob.

So, even an effect that encompasses the whole of the mob's area cannot inflict status conditions on it? Why not? If the whole mob is subject to an effect that blinds, why shouldn't the mob be blinded?
Because the guys in front are being used as meat shields. You know, actual reasons for people to make tight formations.

And what about effects that do "instantly disable" and have the area to encompass the whole mob? An area daze, for example?
"If a mob fails a save against a spell/effect that would normally kill/incapacitate a certain number of creatures, such as disintregate, slay living or wail of the bashee, it loses the total HP of the dead members from it's HP total."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 06, 2013, 01:46:52 PM »
I should move around to the bottom of the place, right? :blush

What happens if a mob fails a save against the insanity induced by Pseudonatural Creature? Splits into two smaller mobs that attack each other? @_@

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 06, 2013, 02:09:05 PM »
What happens if a mob fails a save against the insanity induced by Pseudonatural Creature?

Mosh pit!
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome