Author Topic: Homebrew Reviewing and General Help  (Read 12673 times)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Homebrew Reviewing and General Help
« on: April 02, 2018, 12:10:59 AM »
If you're looking for a homebrew reviewer, look no further for I am the Homebrew Connoisseur.  I am here to make all of your homebrew review dreams come true! *Will not actually make dreams come true.

As you might (or might not) already know, I have been titled the Homebrew Connoisseur (as well as the board's official Discord channel).  I've been reviewing homebrew for....a long time.  I like to think that I've gotten pretty good at it (and other people seem to agree since I've got this nifty title now). 

If you want me to look at something, let me know.  I also have a tendency to remember things that I read and have become something of a homebrew encyclopedia.  I don't know everything that is in the homebrew compendium, but I probably know some things that aren't in there.  If there's something specific that you're looking for let me know, maybe I can help you find some homebrew that can help you out.

Feel free to post here, or you can send me a PM.  If it is something small I'll try to get to it quickly.  Larger projects will go into my to-do list which is in my "Notes to Self" thread mentioned in my signature and I'll try to get to them as soon as convenient.  General questions/posts will get responded to as soon as I have an actual answer for you.

Like other helpful threads that I post, I'm starting this but it isn't just for me.  If someone posts something and you have an answer, tell it.  If someone asks for reviews and you want to review it, do so.  I can't do everything (despite what some people might thing  :p).

In addition, the different homebrew compendium threads lost their stickies as part of the reorganization of this sub-board.  They might not be updated anymore, but I still think that they might be helpful to others so I have linked to them below.

Homebrew Compendiums
[D&D 3.5] Homebrew Compendium
  - Martial Discipline Compendium
  - [3.5] Rewrite Compilation

[D&D PF and 4E] Homebrew Compendium

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
Re: Homebrew Reviewing and General Help
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 12:36:27 AM »
I can assure you he is quite helpful.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 09:19:17 AM »
Why thank you!

I've added the different homebrew compendiums that lost their stickies to the original post so that they can maybe be useful to people.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 01:55:55 PM »
I'll chime in too, Nan solved my life problems. He made me a better homebrewer. He even demonstrated a valuable lesson about checking sizes before needing an ambulance. But most importantly he was willing to read my complicated crap and he tried to help so other people could understand it.

10/10, would review the reviewer again.

Offline Bronzebeard

• HELP! I'm lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 06:58:11 AM »
I'd love to get help in my (somewhat massive, overhaul of a) project.
Are you still free and willing to assist?

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 11:32:10 AM »
I'd love to get help in my (somewhat massive, overhaul of a) project.
Are you still free and willing to assist?

I'll probably always be around, but if you're referring to the stuff in your signature a lot of it appears to be based around changing the math of D&D and mathematical analysis isn't something I'm good at.

Offline Bronzebeard

• HELP! I'm lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 05:57:36 AM »
Thank you for taking the time to look at my links. It's greatly appreciated.
The work I was referring to actually resides over at GiTPG. it's made out of two important parts - trying to reword spellcasting and then trying to balance them numerically.

Even if it's outside your scope, thank you for your reply.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 11:27:16 AM »
I glanced over it, I've reviewed projects like that before so I can do it again.

I'd have to send you my thoughts in PMs since I don't have a GitP account and never will (and this thread isn't the place for that) if that works for you.