Author Topic: Two Handing the Large Rapier  (Read 1683 times)

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
Two Handing the Large Rapier
« on: September 15, 2016, 09:30:34 AM »
Eiji the Human Fighter picks up a large rapier.  For him it would be two handed.

Question A) Is weapon finesse retained?  Unlike Light to One-Handed, being finesse is called out in the rapier.  And there are a few finesse two handed weapons out there.

Question B) You can't two-hand a rapier.  Would that still apply even though its oversized?
Mudada.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
Re: Two Handing the Large Rapier
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 10:04:14 AM »
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 02:41:29 PM »
Answer A) It specifically says in the rapier's description that Weapon Finesse only works for a rapier sized for you.  So I would take that as a no.

As for B), I would assume that you could 2-hand a rapier 1 size category larger, but you might not be able to get 1.5 times Str to damage, since the rapier's description says you can't.
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 03:14:44 PM »
Answer A) It specifically says in the rapier's description that Weapon Finesse only works for a rapier sized for you.  So I would take that as a no.

As for B), I would assume that you could 2-hand a rapier 1 size category larger, but you might not be able to get 1.5 times Str to damage, since the rapier's description says you can't.

Agreed, with the addition that you'd take a -2 penalty for using an inappropriately sized weapon. 
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.