Author Topic: Game: I Can Use That! (D&D)  (Read 95183 times)

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
Re: Game: I Can Use That! (D&D)
« Reply #300 on: June 07, 2017, 09:43:51 PM »
Non wheeled skates for women and children! Guaranteed amusement (and a small amount of bruises)

Item 289: A set of cursed cutlery that makes food taste either bad or good, depending on your alignment.

Evil makes it taste bad, good makes it taste good, chaotic makes it taste like something it isn't, lawful makes it taste as it should even if something is off, neutral has no effect. The more you represent a given alignment, the more pronounced the effects are.
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 07, 2017, 10:26:49 PM »
Perfect, I'll take 10,000 of those. A couple sets for me, a couple for the local jail...
And the kids will undoubtedly love the combinations of pineapple muffin burgers.

Item 290: Tuning Spork.
This magical spork tells you if you're singing in tune or not, but only when consecutively banged on a table.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #302 on: June 08, 2017, 01:01:01 AM »
Local insane asylum will sure love their patients learning to sing a little more in tune.

Item #291:

Minor Artifact: The Time Keeper

An intricate, small mechanical pocket watch that can turn back time, but can only turn back however many seconds you have personally spent winding the clock.

The clock, in effect, "stores" down the person's time inside it, and then rolls it back all at once. The user can't choose how many seconds they will release and can only use all of its power at once - before having to wind it again.

Additionally, while winding down the clock, you become utterly entranced and can take no other action, and do not recall the experience of winding it - including how many seconds you have spent winding it.

The clock entrances the wearer so much, that you can't stop winding it down unless you succeed in a DC XX Will save, or are physically removed from the watch. The user can re-attempt the test each hour.

These properties mean that accurately keeping track of how many seconds, hours, days, weeks, months or even years one has spent down winding the watch is an especially challenging prospect.

The user needs to succeed in a DC YY Int check before winding down the clock to be able to keep track of time while under the effects of the trance, in addition to the Will save to break it.

A DC ZZ Int check is also required to recall how much time, in total, the user has spent winding the clock.

While winding it, the watch provides no magical sustenance or protection from aging whatsoever to the wearer, and many have died while trying to use its magical properties. It takes a specially strong-willed and intelligent individual to be able to make full use of its abilities.

Its last known location was at the hands(or claws) of a particularly vicious Great Wyrm Red Dragon, who seemingly always knew ahead of time of all attempts to end its reign of terror.

(I got a bit carried away with this one, as you can see)
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 09, 2017, 11:57:23 AM »
Ahh the perfect time keeper, now when studying ahead of time and listening to lectures I won't even remember being partially distracted by having to wind it. Best part is I with my 50ft of rope & a rock my arms get tried and one of them is pulled to the floor while the other can't reach, who needs Will Saves anyway?

Item #922: Rat Trap
This enormous Rube Goldberg like machine takes up a 100x100 area and takes fifty two weeks to set up and one year to complete it's series to drop a single four inch net but bestows a +4 Artifact bonus to checks involving rats, like trap making or knowledge, after completion to the one who successfully set it up by them selves. It comes packaged in a cursed bag of holding that forces a DC 25 Will Save to convince any person touching it to immediately find a location, set it up, and watch it. The pieces are actually magically created so on a failure (ie user dies or the process is interrupted) they vanish and it must be started all over again.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 09, 2017, 05:09:35 PM »
Ah, the perfect tool for training new ratcatchers!

Item #923: Cloak of Indivisibility. This cloak prevents the wearer from splitting up anything.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #305 on: June 09, 2017, 05:51:19 PM »
One of these for every world-leader and nuclear holocaust is no longer a concern! (until they discover fusion)

Item #292:

Major Artifact: The "What if?" box.

This wondrous and colourful music box is a thing to behold! Whenever anyone within 3ft of the box uses a phrase that contains "What if?", a very jolly and friendly fella, the Whatiff Genie appears, a happy and upbeat tune plays, and the genie announces, loudly: Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat if??

Then the box instantly Jumanji's everyone in range to inside of a simulation where the scenario is true, where they have to play it out until they die! Then, they are transported back to wherever they stood - possibly quite confused, wizened, and with a minor headache.

Offline Fredgerd

• I'm newd!
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 03, 2017, 01:33:07 PM »
Sweet, we can now instantly win every encounter by catapulting this box into a group of enemies and using ventriloquism to say "What if no one ever died?"

Item #293

The Forget Me Stick: Cursed "Weapon"

This +0 Twig causes the user to forget if and why they were hitting the person or monster they were hitting and changes their attitude to Helpful. It also causes the user to forget that the Forget Me Stick has this effect.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 01:35:11 PM by Fredgerd »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 03, 2017, 01:50:20 PM »
Excellent! If I can swap this for a sword in the boss's sheath, I'll instantly have a way to get all the information I need to stop his plan!

Item #294: Inverted Cup. This cup only contains fluids if held upside down, otherwise they will immediately spill out of it. This includes pouring into the cup whilst it is "correctly" oriented.

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 13, 2017, 07:53:42 AM »
Now I have something to do the next time I wait for Reverse Gravity to wear off.

Item 295: a twin set of rings. If a different person is wearing each ring, either can trigger a teleportation effect as a standard action. The wearers swap locations, but all of their carried and worn possessions remain behind, so each appears wearing the others clothes.
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.