Author Topic: Game: I Can Use That! (D&D)  (Read 95190 times)

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
Re: Game: I Can Use That! (D&D)
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2013, 05:34:41 PM »
"Oh, perfect! Now my Merman Telepath can be Professor X!"

Item... 79?:

A blood spike that, when used, causes the user to balloon massively as their body fills with a lighter-than-air gas, enough that their weight becomes 0, including equipment. The effect lasts only one hour, but becomes usable again the next time the sun rises.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 05:36:47 PM by Gazzien »

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2013, 07:47:15 PM »
A good thing to give to that druid's bear buddy when you need to brace a door.

Item 80: A small red circular device that, when inflated with any sort of gaseous substance and then sat on, makes a loud long grunting noise. The variants that suck in gases on their own volition, but still need to be sat on to produce this noise.
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2013, 08:23:40 PM »
A good thing to give to that druid's bear buddy when you need to brace a door.

Item 80: A small red circular device that, when inflated with any sort of gaseous substance and then sat on, makes a loud long grunting noise. The variants that suck in gases on their own volition, but still need to be sat on to produce this noise.
Perfect, and now I don't even learn to learn Orcish! Maybe I should put some ranks in Diplomacy, though... or at least Bluff.  ;)

Item 81:A black equilateral triangle of stone, about two inches wide and half an inch thick. When thrown at a pool of liquid, as if skipping a stone, it will accumulate a gallon of that liquid from the pool, then return back to the user at high speed, similar to a boomerang.

Offline Lycanshee

• !wen m'I
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2013, 02:10:35 AM »
Oh thank goodness. Now I can drain the death pool.

Item 82: A small clay pot with an herbal concoction that blocks all magical attempts to discern the wearer's natural hair color.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2013, 02:29:47 AM »
Now I can claim all my prostitutes are redheads!

Item 83: a large burlap sack that has a second opening at the bottom.
- All Spells
- playground

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2013, 09:45:06 AM »
Item 83: a large burlap sack that has a second opening at the bottom.
"Now I can cheat at the sack hop at the fair!"

Item 84: A 6" tall marble statue of a kangaroo that continuously hops up and down 3" off the floor/table.
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
  • "Insight is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2013, 12:43:57 PM »
Item 84: A 6" tall marble statue of a kangaroo that continuously hops up and down 3" off the floor/table.

"Now I don't need to pay those people to press my grapes!"

Item 85: A blowgun that, when blown into, fires the dart backwards into the throat of the wielder.

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2013, 12:47:07 PM »
"And now my Poison Healer won't need to carry questionable snakes!"

Item 86: Glasses that let you see the object behind whatever you're looking at - but not the first object. Cursed, though - the effect lasts for 24 hours, even if you take them off, and only one person can benefit per day.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2013, 01:16:48 PM »
Huh? Where'd everyone go? *whimpers*

Item 87: A large paper rectangle that lists the numbers on all of the fast food menu.... Wait what's fast food?
- All Spells
- playground

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2013, 02:18:17 PM »
Item 87: A large paper rectangle that lists the numbers on all of the fast food menu.... Wait what's fast food?
"I'll have to remember to take this with me the next time I Plane Shift to Earth to get Taco Bell."

Item 88: An everburning torch that gives off a distinctive purple illumination that causes certain pigments to glow brightly, much like a black light.
My creations

Offline Tohron

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2013, 02:25:08 PM »
Item 88: An everburning torch that gives off a distinctive purple illumination that causes certain pigments to glow brightly, much like a black light.

Now my minions can have advance warning of my Explosive Rune traps!

Item 89: Helm of Lawful Chaos: Your alignment is changed to Lawful (moral axis unchanged).  Any actions performed afterward must be justified from the description of the appropriate Lawful alignment in both 2E and 3E.

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2013, 03:31:12 PM »
Item 89: Helm of Lawful Chaos: Your alignment is changed to Lawful (moral axis unchanged).  Any actions performed afterward must be justified from the description of the appropriate Lawful alignment in both 2E and 3E.
Wonderful! If I can get them to try it on, my diplomancer can actually debate with Tanar'ri, and maybe negotiate a peace for them with the Baatezu!

:banghead :banghead blanking on ideas... um...

Item 90: A fork that transforms any food (attempted to be) eaten with it into soup. Rich, hearty, potato soup.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2013, 05:38:09 PM »
How let me poke that tasty Tarrasque. Is not an insta-soup kill?

Item 91: A 4-wheeled machine with handles that runs on a magic liquid. Beneath is a horizontal blade used to keep the plants in front of a house pleasing to the eye.
- All Spells
- playground

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2013, 07:57:41 AM »
Item 91: A 4-wheeled machine with handles that runs on a magic liquid. Beneath is a horizontal blade used to keep the plants in front of a house pleasing to the eye.
"Awesome! A noisy, yet practical way to make the ugly shambling mounds and assassin vines in front of my house look more pleasing."

Item 92: A magical set of undergarments, that if worn on top of normal clothes renders all clothes underneath invisible.
My creations

Offline FlaminCows

• Push that button. Doo eeet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2013, 08:43:42 AM »
Item 92: A magical set of undergarments, that if worn on top of normal clothes renders all clothes underneath invisible.

Now the gish known as the Muscle Wizard will be able to show off his muscles and wear his Robe of the Archmagi at the same time! It'll also hide his magic robe from enemy scouts.

Ninety-third magic item: an amulet that makes you invisible, but only when nobody is looking. It does not make your clothing or armour invisible, just you.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2013, 12:17:36 PM »
Now I can sneak up to Casanova Frankenstein when his back is turned!

Item 94: a pair of regular pants, except that they always hang down by your ass no matter what kind of belt you have on.

hopefully you have underwear on!
- All Spells
- playground

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2013, 07:57:54 AM »
Item 94: a pair of regular pants, except that they always hang down by your ass no matter what kind of belt you have on.
"This will be perfect for that high-Cha sorceress I'm running with that third-party feat that gives me +Cha to AC when I'm showing off the goods!"

Item 95: A magical duck, found in a dungeon, that bestows two negative levels (no save) upon anyone who picks it up.
My creations

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2013, 05:00:51 PM »
hey you, go pick that up for me *diplomacy check*

Item 96: A pair of spectacles, call Magnagoggles, that instead of normal lenses, they have put in magnifying glass lenses. even up close, you can't see anything but dizziness
- All Spells
- playground

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2013, 08:49:27 AM »
Item 96: A pair of spectacles, call Magnagoggles, that instead of normal lenses, they have put in magnifying glass lenses. even up close, you can't see anything but dizziness
"I can wear these instead of drinking a six-pack to get 'drunk goggles' and save myself some time."

Item 97: Helmet of Bizarre Berserking: A magical horned helmet that bestows a continuous Confusion effect on the wearer. In addition, any time the wearer is prevented from "acting normally" due to the effect, they also gain a +8 untyped bonus to their Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution scores and gives them the benefits of Haste for that round.
My creations

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2013, 11:10:31 AM »
Item 97: Helmet of Bizarre Berserking: A magical horned helmet that bestows a continuous Confusion effect on the wearer. In addition, any time the wearer is prevented from "acting normally" due to the effect, they also gain a +8 untyped bonus to their Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution scores and gives them the benefits of Haste for that round.
Wonderful! My Frenzied Berserker really won't know who to kill!!

Item 98: A small rectangular tablet (about a foot square) with two switches, which shows the image of anything it's pointed at. At will, you can press the first switch, and capture a two-dimensional image of whatever is shown on the tablet. You can use the second switch once per day, which projects the image (as per the spell Silent Image) in front of you, ten feet wide by ten feet tall, for one minute.