Author Topic: OOC Discussion  (Read 14139 times)

Offline Wrex

• Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
Re: OOC Discussion
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 12:03:22 AM »
There are a couple things i'm tempted to play:

Tsochar: Scout, with a limited polymorph gained at level two, and who later gets casting. Nice hit die, skill progressions, and natural weapons. Has fine manipulation. The stat bonuses don't match up with what they traditionally do (Multiclass into Sorc when they get strong enough. He recives an Int bonus rather than a Cha one), and unless I play a Tsochar Totemist, I won't be able to do the headcrab routine very often. Might work on a rogue-like class because of his excellent infiltration abilities. Has a climb speed, and combined with Hide and Move silently, can perform some hideous terrible things. Think Ezio meets the Xenomorph. It can also wear Three amulets, four bracers, and four rings, basically being made of arms and necks (It says this in LoM anyway. I would prefer regular body slots)

Mindflayer: Not that good as a caster, strangely. I was thinking of dipping for the tentacles and using it as part of one of  the Dicebag Psychic Charger builds that normally take Illithid grapple 4 times. If I level up far enough, I get a bunch of SLA's, but they really aren't useful. Illithid Warblade could be fun though.

Shoggoth: Swimming, water breathing, climbing, full BAB, heavy hitting natural attacks, fine manipulation. As I level up, I can cause insanity in nearby creatures (So obviously you all need Immune:Mind affecting if I go this route). Inflicts grapple that cannot be escaped, and then eats them.

Werewolf: I bite, things die. Also free werewolf leadership! We have a melee though.

Sarrukh:  :D

Ak-Chazar Rakshasa: For when leadership is not enough, you call the army of darkness. Turning, and 8/10 Sorc casting. Makes an ideal Necromancer. Basically dread necro, the monster. I tend to shatter games with this.

So! Take your votes ladies and gentlemen!

Offline AlisAtAn

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 06:16:44 AM »
Siper: I`m a big fan of the Firre, personally. A fiery, heavenly bard. Awesome.

Wrex: I say Tsochar. Makes for a totally different playing style, with all the disposable meatshields walking around.  I know it states Arcane/Divine, but if you wanna play a Totemist, I`d let you stack that with your racial progression instead.

Any suggestions for why such a rag-tag band would be travelling together? I`m not too rigid on your alignment matching the standard for your race, might make everyone`s life easier if you agree on going good or evil, both for story purposes, and RP.  Just a suggestion, though.  :cool

Offline Daedroth

• Neutronium Elemental
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 08:17:04 AM »
Im true neutral but im not comfortable with evil parties.

My character is a blacksmith trapped in an iron golem body, by the wayXD
Now I've lost it, I know I can kill. The truth exists beyond the Gate!

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2012, 08:40:09 AM »
If I go with the Harssaf, they're "usually LE" so I can make him any alignment, but even if I choose LE, they're described as being not malicious or outwardly evil, just doing what they need to survive.

As for how we got together, I think some of that depends on the setting and world.

Offline Wrex

• Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2012, 05:51:44 PM »
Siper: I`m a big fan of the Firre, personally. A fiery, heavenly bard. Awesome.

Wrex: I say Tsochar. Makes for a totally different playing style, with all the disposable meatshields walking around.  I know it states Arcane/Divine, but if you wanna play a Totemist, I`d let you stack that with your racial progression instead.

Any suggestions for why such a rag-tag band would be travelling together? I`m not too rigid on your alignment matching the standard for your race, might make everyone`s life easier if you agree on going good or evil, both for story purposes, and RP.  Just a suggestion, though.  :cool

A Fair warning though: Tsochar are hungry for power. They also steal the spells of anyone they bodysnatch. That last one could be a doozy. Granted, I can't bypass FoM  :bigeyes. Osle generally lets grapples bypass it at 8HD or something similar, not sure why that isn't here... Ah well, I can just SoD and molest infest the paralyzed/Blinded/Stunned/Entangled guy.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 08:38:00 PM by Wrex »

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2012, 06:23:31 PM »
Firre Eladrin it is, then.  Most definitely.

I'm going to be a little slow on the chargen, because I'm currently on vacation.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline AlisAtAn

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2012, 09:00:08 PM »
A Fair warning though: Tsochar are hungry for power. They also steal the spells of anyone they bodysnatch. That last one could be a doozy. Granted, I can't bypass FoM  :bigeyes. Osle generally lets grapples bypass it at 8HD or something similar, not sure why that isn't here... Ah well, I can just SoD and molest infest the paralyzed/Blinded/Stunned/Entangled guy.

FoM = Freedom of Movement?  SoD?

I`m not too worried about you stealing spells, you only get what I choose to give you anyway. Also:
Tsochar cannot regain spells or spell slots it expends from the dead character’s spellcasting ability.

As for getting access to sodomy patients, you could always play a Sorc specializing in disabling.  :D

I'm going to be a little slow on the chargen, because I'm currently on vacation.

I know the feeling, I`m stuck using my girlfriends 2year old netbook for everything. Thank god for SRD and PDF backups.  :smirk

Offline Wrex

• Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2012, 09:19:36 PM »
SoD= Save or Die. Basically disabling spells. And FoM does equal freedom of movement.

So, I'll probably go into Sorc. Will find SOMETHING to do with that stupid int bonus, anyway.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2012, 10:26:51 AM »
Alis, do you mind if I use the Eberron Bard ACF that lets you trade out bardic music abilities for bonus bardic feats?  It doesn't matter now, but I'd be getting Song of the Heart at 3rd level instead of Inspire Competence.

EDIT: More questions!

How do you feel about homebrewed martial disciplines?
How do you feel about flaws from Dragon Mag?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 10:52:56 AM by sirpercival »

Offline AlisAtAn

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2012, 06:43:51 AM »
Alis, do you mind if I use the Eberron Bard ACF that lets you trade out bardic music abilities for bonus bardic feats?  It doesn't matter now, but I'd be getting Song of the Heart at 3rd level instead of Inspire Competence.

EDIT: More questions!

How do you feel about homebrewed martial disciplines?
How do you feel about flaws from Dragon Mag?

Bard ACF is cool.

As for homebrew and Dragon Mag, I`d have to take it on a case by case basis. Can you link me to the martial discipline you`re interested in, and post the flaws?

Offline Daedroth

• Neutronium Elemental
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2012, 09:01:17 AM »
What about that flaw?

(click to show/hide)

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2012, 09:09:50 AM »
Riven Hourglass is the discipline, maybe others as I think of them.  I'm considering a swordsage dip.

Flaws: Fussy, Phantom Spark

Offline AlisAtAn

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2012, 02:15:21 AM »
Sorry for the long response time, real life...

Those are all cool.

And no need for backstories, I`m working on a more intricate campaign idea... Hint: No need for backstories, you`ll all start out with complete amnesia. So how`s everyone`s char sheets coming along?

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2012, 08:59:16 AM »
It was going pretty well until I saw that most players were evil and would likley not play well with a Solar. Not sure what to play at this point, possibly my very own Deathjack but I doubt we need another melee beatstick.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2012, 09:34:36 AM »
It was going pretty well until I saw that most players were evil and would likley not play well with a Solar. Not sure what to play at this point, possibly my very own Deathjack but I doubt we need another melee beatstick.

C'mon littha, we can be team Good Guys together!

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 01:59:22 PM »
Actually, my character isn't functionally evil. He lives by a code of honor and ethics. He won't kill in cold blood, but he will kill if he needs to. In most circumstances he'll live by the law, though he does skirt the law at times. And he needn't even be evil at all.

Offline Daedroth

• Neutronium Elemental
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2012, 03:21:40 PM »
Im neutral, but almost good.

Offline Wrex

• Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2012, 06:36:45 PM »
Handwave it. Planescape did it.

And I have new candidates!

Tsochar is still on the table.

Daelkyr: MuahahahahaHAHAHAAHAHAHA! The Surgeon from hell. I can spawn Alex Mercer for the hell of it. Point of fact, that's probably the character motivation right there: Why the hell not?

Awakened Basilisk: BFC! I shoot lazor beamsz out of my eyes, people suffer dex damage and collapse! What's not to love? Walking debuff machine. Obviously, since you people have eyes, I'll take carefull gaze to avoid mezzing you.

Gray Shiver Fear the Bug Lich! FEAR HIS FUZZY BODY! Basically a Sorc. But it's a spider living in the skull of a lich!
Also this:
In addition, if it ever meets the ones who destroyed the lich to which its skull belonged, it must seek their doom! Long convoluted overcomplicated plans spanning years or more are optional to achieve this.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 09:42:55 PM by Wrex »

Offline AlisAtAn

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2012, 09:18:20 PM »
Handwave it. Planescape did it.

+1

Nothing wrong with a Neutral/Evil Solar far as I`m concerned. You`ll all start out with no memories of anything happening prior to the beginning of the campaign, so any angelic moral code/ethics would go out the window with everything else... And you wont lose your powers to some god`s whims, you`re empowered by your own inner strength (Dont remember what the fluff says about this, but that`s how I`m handling it).   :cool

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2012, 09:54:40 PM »
Yeah, you won't get the "Good" subtype until 2nd level anyway. :P

Regardless, there's nothing saying you can't be good in a party of mostly neutral characters. Or even evil characters! Perhaps you find yourself inexplicably compelled to dissuade the evil characters from performing evil deeds, and spend all your time teaching them how to be righteous and all that.