Author Topic: Nintendo World Game? [D&D 3.5]  (Read 74831 times)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo World Game? [D&D 3.5]
« Reply #220 on: March 12, 2012, 09:42:16 PM »
-32 point buy for stats
- Standard Wealth By Level for a sixth level character (13,000 gold)
- Up to two flaws and one trait
- Starting level is 6  :p

Edit: Damn you ninja   :shakefist

:ninja

I blame that 30 second gap on the fact that I spaced out on WBL.   :p

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #221 on: March 12, 2012, 09:44:09 PM »
Thank you both. I see so much alphabet soup on this board, it's nice to see words typed out fully for a change. Thanks. I'll see what I can do but I'll warn you all now, I'm not very quick on the point buy wbk aspca or whatever. I'm an old fashioned kind of gamer. Dice, paper, all that jazz. This is new'ish to me, so thanks for helping an old man across the street, essentially.
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 12, 2012, 09:47:38 PM »
-32pb. Stat generation, 32 point buy, DMG p169
-Standard WBL. Wealth = standard Wealth by Level, going off of Table 5-1, DMG p135 (13,000gp)
-Up to two flaws and one trait, those must be from the srd only. SRD Traits. SRD Flaws.
-6th level (seems to be the most popular option so far and is generally a good starting level). God, I really, really hope this is the one you understood.

Holy.... I'm still posting this, never been ninja'd to this extent before. I blame writing out so much. And I don't plan to call the ASPCA in on Nan's animal catching if he treats them right.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 09:49:15 PM by ariasderros »
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 12, 2012, 11:44:57 PM »
Speaking of, what's the group alignment leaning towards?  I can go either way.   :p

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #224 on: March 12, 2012, 11:55:22 PM »
I'm thinking Lawful Evil, though Lawful Neutral works as well if folks would rather not have a person with the word "Evil" in their codex. Rabbit follows the Federation code of law and conduct, sometimes to the letter. He knows enough about the law to sometimes bend it to get what he wants, and sometimes he uses it to justify a bit of harsh justice, but at the end of the day he's a citizen of the Federation, and he'll make it a better place.
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 13, 2012, 05:29:17 AM »

Flay Crimsonwind:[/b]So, if I moved the other monster campaign here, you would be able to rejoin?
I don't see why not. Am I the only one having issue with the site? If so, lemme see if I cant find a way to fix it on my side. Rao is going to be doing hide and blast tactics, if he needs to be NPCed; I know we were just starting a battle. He'll blast one per turn, his dissintegrating and normal breaths, then dive under ground and pop up again to strike where most convenient. Gotta love blindsight.

Also, I'll post Kong, who is semi-done, right here.

Kong, Martial Academic

On that, I assume average hp after first. Are mushrooms just potions of various effects? Because when I finish off buying him crap, that's where I'm going.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 05:31:27 AM by Flay Crimsonwind »
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 13, 2012, 07:40:01 AM »
Zax is chaotic good... I haven't worked out a full personality and background, but he's basically against megalomaniacs and tyrants.  A LE char who simply works the system and is callous about life shouldn't be a problem, though they may clash from time to time about the killing thing.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #227 on: March 13, 2012, 09:08:03 AM »
Zax is chaotic good... I haven't worked out a full personality and background, but he's basically against megalomaniacs and tyrants.  A LE char who simply works the system and is callous about life shouldn't be a problem, though they may clash from time to time about the killing thing.

Except when it comes to killing tyrants. :)
Link to my homebrews

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 14, 2012, 04:14:21 AM »
While we sort out party alignment I have another conundrum.  Do I want to make my Orc Shotput returning or do I want a Headband of Charisma +2 for another starting pokemon?

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 14, 2012, 05:52:31 AM »
Well, Kong is trying to end the warring between the Kong and Mushroom kingdoms, but he's doing so by traveling around learning to get special powers via mushroom ingestion, while becoming better at beating things. So he's attempting a good deed, but I'm not 100% convinced he acts in a good manner. Beating things for the sake of beating things better, no matter how good the end result of this skill, doesn't scream good to me. So I'll say CG (CN leaned), though so long as there's beatings involved, I doubt he'll care much about anyone's alignment.

You've got, what, three pokemon so far? I'd just get the shotput enhanced; gives you plenty of time to see what your team needs, and it'll make you so much more useful in combat personally.

Unless you're only using the shotput as a backup...?
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #230 on: March 14, 2012, 10:01:21 AM »
Also, I'll post Kong, who is semi-done, right here.

Kong, Martial Academic

On that, I assume average hp after first. Are mushrooms just potions of various effects? Because when I finish off buying him crap, that's where I'm going.

Yes to HP and potions. Also you seem to have misread the AA, he gets two WHMD at first level and then two more WHMD at second level.

Any more questions I missed since I hadn't time to check this yesterday? Ah, well, seems like we already have plenty of character drafts so I'll go requesting the forum to organize this.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 14, 2012, 10:26:05 AM »
Any more questions I missed since I hadn't time to check this yesterday? Ah, well, seems like we already have plenty of character drafts so I'll go requesting the forum to organize this.

Well, I asked:
Which begs the question: Are there Pikmin? If so, Where are they?
, it was only half in jest. I am a little curious. Though I also don't want to distract you to much from making the area you are, and it is one of many things that don't need decided anytime soon.

Still working on Kirby race. Might have an advanced skeleton up later today.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 14, 2012, 10:32:10 AM »

Kirby is an advanced skeleton??  :P
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #233 on: March 14, 2012, 10:32:35 AM »
I realize announcing this is counterproductive, but I have a question:

Pirate Troopers need eight hours to form their armor. Could I enchant the armor with "Called" (From Defenders of the Faith) to shorten or even negate this time?

Another question arises: Would I be able to have the suit form out of different materials?

The armor forming class ability does not state that enchantments cannot be placed on the formed armor suit, and while it does not specifically state that the suit formed cannot be made of different materials (I'd imagine just paying for the upgrade would suffice, if allowed). Though, D&D is a game of specifics, and while I personally don't like to do it, sometimes it pays off. :)
Link to my homebrews

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #234 on: March 14, 2012, 10:33:00 AM »

The MOST advanced. He still has all his .... Dreamstuff.
Link to my homebrews

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 14, 2012, 10:52:18 AM »

The MOST advanced. He still has all his .... Dreamstuff.

Which does actually bring up something I've been wrestling with. What should be the creature type? Right now I have it as Abberation (seemed appropriate for the WTF? anatomy), but I could also see Outsider (Air), Outsider (Native) or Fey. Maybe something else?
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #236 on: March 14, 2012, 10:57:10 AM »
Why not Elemental? He's just a cloudpuff, afterall.

Elemental [Air, Dream] seems to fit. It handles the WTF Anatomy nicely, gives Kirby his flight ability. Outsider [Air, Dream] works just as well.
Link to my homebrews

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 14, 2012, 11:14:23 AM »
Why not Elemental? He's just a cloudpuff, afterall.

Elemental [Air, Dream] seems to fit. It handles the WTF Anatomy nicely, gives Kirby his flight ability. Outsider [Air, Dream] works just as well.

Well, I was also thinking about power level is why not Elemental. I don't like the idea of being immune to crap.

Why? For the most part, the reason I wanted to play Kirby is just the "ha-ha" of sucking in one enemy, and shooting him out at his friend. The Copy Ability thing is kind of just a plus. But none the less, I like the idea of doing something along the lines of sucking up an Illithid and using its Mind Blast against its friends. If I went into that fight w/ immunity to Stun, then it would just feel cheep.

Also, I was looking at the skill points. In that way, I do want more.

I take it [Dream] is either: A) homebrewed somewhere; or B) out of Eberron somewhere.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #238 on: March 14, 2012, 11:16:26 AM »
I take it [Dream] is either: A) homebrewed somewhere; or B) out of Eberron somewhere.

Neither, actually. I made it up now.

Kirby is essentially dreamstuff, hence the descriptor.
Link to my homebrews

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 14, 2012, 11:27:25 AM »
I realize announcing this is counterproductive, but I have a question:

Pirate Troopers need eight hours to form their armor. Could I enchant the armor with "Called" (From Defenders of the Faith) to shorten or even negate this time?

Another question arises: Would I be able to have the suit form out of different materials?

The armor forming class ability does not state that enchantments cannot be placed on the formed armor suit, and while it does not specifically state that the suit formed cannot be made of different materials (I'd imagine just paying for the upgrade would suffice, if allowed). Though, D&D is a game of specifics, and while I personally don't like to do it, sometimes it pays off. :)

Speaking as the author and not as the DM (and speaking as someone who hasn't actually read the MaI rules for a few months), I can tell you the intent, although how things wind up in game is up to Oslecamo.

The 8 hour Power Suit forming process was designed to mimic the 8 hours of rest that Wizards need before preparing spells. You can still do other things that aren't stressful during that time (including said 8 hours of rest before preparing spells), but it's intended to be part that overnight/before setting out prep time. Chozo Warriors have class features to reduce the time, though (I don't remember why, I think it was just to fill some dead levels). I also tied a few other things to that beginning-of-the-day forming (activating your modules and attaching them to hard-points, I think, and switching out equipped items), so being to form/unform your power suit all willy nilly actually has some significant effects.

Regarding enchanting the power suit, it was intended that if you wanted some special armor enchantments, you'd just wear some armor underneath and integrate it into your suit. I don't think there was any good way to change the material. (Is it ever even defined, other than a vague metal of some sort, if even that?) Not that it would be overpowered or anything like that. These and other issues with the power suit are why I divorced it from the main activating process and moved it to its own module when I rewrote the base classes for PoC.