Author Topic: Poke-Center (OOC Discussion)  (Read 216579 times)

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
Re: Poke-Center (OOC Discussion)
« Reply #880 on: October 20, 2015, 11:29:00 AM »
Tortoise folk seems good to go.

Awesome.  Have another update to my plans.  I'm looking at Tortoise Folk Paragon 3/Something 1/Warblade 2 and for the rest of the levels beyond.  Yep yep, I'm liking the look of this, how about you?

Gotta find some good hammers, WotC is a bit slim on effective bludgeoning weapons.  Then again, the warhammer may just suffice.

Heading to bed, it's almost done.  A few questions for the DM.

*The paragon class lets your body act as armor, and you can even apply a material effect.  Would you might if you can apply an item template effect (DMG2, it's in the back)?  Because if so I am totally making my body armor Githcraft.  I'm imagining its like... engravings or tattoos on the shell.

*Luck of Heroes feat (Forgotten Realms).  Is it kosher, even though I don't fit the setting specific fluff race prereqs?

*I picked the Maul as a weapon, but its technically 3.0 and I'm unsure if it's been updated.  A&EG.  The stats aren't unusual (1d10, 20/x3, two handed) but best double check.

I think that's it.  The class has changed a bit: it's now Paragon 3/Swordsage 1/Warblade 1/Bloodstorm Blade 1.  But that's about the extent of the complexity, it's Bloodstorm and Warblade from that point on.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 11:35:30 AM by SolEiji »
Mudada.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: October 20, 2015, 02:07:01 PM »
I think the maul is in Complete Warrior. I believe it can be held in two hands as a martial weapon, or one handed as an exotic weapon (like bastard swords).

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: October 20, 2015, 02:17:32 PM »
I think the maul is in Complete Warrior. I believe it can be held in two hands as a martial weapon, or one handed as an exotic weapon (like bastard swords).

This is correct.  Still 1d10 damage for a medium creature, 20/X3 crit.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 21, 2015, 02:40:52 AM »
So who knows the way back to town?

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #884 on: October 24, 2015, 04:23:46 AM »
Oslecamo, Sir Barkley is complete.  Please bring up any questions if you have them.

I'll probably revisit later to add fluff, though I believe I've told you his backstory.

EDIT: Fluff added.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 09:42:00 AM by SolEiji »
Mudada.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #885 on: November 07, 2015, 12:04:31 AM »
Oslecamo, Sir Barkley is complete.  Please bring up any questions if you have them.

I'll probably revisit later to add fluff, though I believe I've told you his backstory.

EDIT: Fluff added.
Looking good. Seems like your character is in a quest from king Bowser. How about you're looking for a princess to kidnap, so you decide to join the nearest group of wannabe heroes, because you know they'll run into a princess sooner or later? :p

(click to show/hide)

So who knows the way back to town?

Jeremy and Pha both know and could lead the party back right now. Hopefully they would meet Sir Boxer Barkley there, unless you would prefer the koopa warrior shows up from the trees and then you're attacked by night forest monsters and must work together, bonding over battle.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: November 07, 2015, 02:10:33 PM »
Going back to town. No XP from fighting so there is no real point.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #887 on: November 07, 2015, 07:28:20 PM »
I'll be keeping abreast of the IC thread now, whenever you think is good I'll enter.

"Riote!  So I'm to get King Bowser a princess!  Ooooh, this is it!  Barkley's hittin' up the big times now!"
Mudada.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #888 on: November 08, 2015, 07:22:05 PM »
And posted, tell me if I'm out of order with anything there.  It is just a fluff bit before initiative actually starts, and to set my location.
Mudada.

Offline Dr_emperor

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: November 09, 2015, 08:53:45 PM »
Posting tomorrow morning trying to change a feat, having the permanent companion adds more summons that might be annoying.  If anyone has any ideas to use a standard action when we seem to be winning that can be gained from a feat.

Also just wanted to check with oslecamo about 2 details  the savage trait Void Spirit will give another charge to to the summon monster ability every ten minutes?  Can I change my immunity to fire to something else it seems weird to be a goomba that laughs off fireballs.  Sonic, electricity, or cold; cold seems best cause then Pha can go crazy.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: November 11, 2015, 07:38:10 AM »
Yes to charge.

As for changing your immunity, sonic or electricity would be fine, cold no since it's a bit cheesy. Pha already hits hard enough when she needs to worry about friendly fire frost.

Also we still waiting on the Deku initiative.

Offline Dr_emperor

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: November 11, 2015, 08:12:52 PM »
Ok posted, Kinda figured cold wouldn't work.  Updated to sonic.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: November 12, 2015, 05:13:53 AM »
Oh yeah, something I forgot to mention, here we use group initiative. Aka everybody on the same team acts at the same time.

And the koopa had already beaten the raticates initiatives. :blush

So you can all act right now.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #893 on: November 12, 2015, 07:16:59 PM »
10-4, have a post.  40,000 hours in Mario Golf!
Mudada.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: November 23, 2015, 12:46:23 AM »
Couple changes to Hyrule Warrior over the last few days. Including your desire for an ac nerf, so now even through it's Dexterity is higher than both SolEiji & Dr_emperor's characters, and is actually wearing armor (the goomba king has just a robe), and is using a shield, it's only a points lower than both of them (and massively behind Anomander's Fi character). I suppose 14 Wis-to-AC for a +2 bonus is substantially more powerful than handing out a +9 Natural Armor bonus through.  :P

It seems the only real high power part I've found thus far is Expanded Capacity being used to net a higher Enhancement Bonus than par, but meh. It's pretty resource extensive vs all the nearly free Str boosting Races/Templates you can stack (or just taking boomerang daze) so it's not bad. Offense is terrible imho but at least it's only a little behind SolEiji's guy.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 12:54:26 AM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Dr_emperor

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: November 26, 2015, 10:27:39 AM »
Umm I'm looking at my post and I didn't make it clear but I charged forward slamming into the Raticate

+1 to hit and damage not added in die rolls, but he charges bravely forward to slam a raticate.  +2 to hit

I had it separated with my voice bubble will fix in the future. 

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #896 on: November 26, 2015, 10:19:31 PM »
Quick question, which of the (two?) attacks dealt the 16 damage?  I might Wall of Blades that.
Mudada.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: November 27, 2015, 01:16:45 AM »
Well, crap, seems like the forum ate my post...

Anomander: Hadn't your character already used Cold Sign last round? The Yuki-on-na recharges randomly and I didn't see you roll for that.

Umm I'm looking at my post and I didn't make it clear but I charged forward slamming into the Raticate

+1 to hit and damage not added in die rolls, but he charges bravely forward to slam a raticate.  +2 to hit

I had it separated with my voice bubble will fix in the future. 
Sorry, completely missed your character's own attack, edited in the IC.

Quick question, which of the (two?) attacks dealt the 16 damage?  I might Wall of Blades that.
The blinding bite attack.

Couple changes to Hyrule Warrior over the last few days. Including your desire for an ac nerf, so now even through it's Dexterity is higher than both SolEiji & Dr_emperor's characters, and is actually wearing armor (the goomba king has just a robe), and is using a shield, it's only a points lower than both of them (and massively behind Anomander's Fi character). I suppose 14 Wis-to-AC for a +2 bonus is substantially more powerful than handing out a +9 Natural Armor bonus through.  :P

It seems the only real high power part I've found thus far is Expanded Capacity being used to net a higher Enhancement Bonus than par, but meh. It's pretty resource extensive vs all the nearly free Str boosting Races/Templates you can stack (or just taking boomerang daze) so it's not bad. Offense is terrible imho but at least it's only a little behind SolEiji's guy.

In retrospective, I may've been too harsh, the Hylian warrior is indeed somewhat MAD so you can have Wis to shield back. Rest of your character seems fine. Mind just hoping in the battle as the hero rival to Jeremy?

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #898 on: November 27, 2015, 10:57:20 AM »
The blinding bite attack.

K, but I don't know which one that is.  The dice rolls are unmarked, and I can't guess it since they aren't listed with their to-hit (unless they all have +0 attack, I doubt it).

No matter, I'll go ahead and spend it and you can tell me if it works or not.  Well, I will tomorrow, when I wake up.  Zzzz...
Mudada.

Offline Dr_emperor

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: November 27, 2015, 01:09:19 PM »
Do I apply my damage reduction to Raticate attacks or not?  and is it ok that my summons are referencing different Nintendo creatures even though you'll need to squint sometimes Bison/rhino?  I should have gone with the fiendish gorilla anyway he's pretty easy to fluff as a Kong.