Author Topic: Chapter I: Legend of Griselda-Pirates Awakening  (Read 164903 times)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter I: Legend of Griselda-Pirates Awakening
« Reply #560 on: March 27, 2014, 10:54:01 PM »
The plant' reaction amused her. A welcomed change.
"Chill. 'Just saying giving names to things before you actually get to know them is something people usually do their pets. If you let people name you whatever they want I'll just go with Stale."

Squeaks felt very pet-like and its outburst made her change her mind. As far as plants went, that one didn't look very fresh so the name felt quite appropriate. She nodded to herself.
"Yeah. It sounds pretty cool."

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 28, 2014, 05:40:11 PM »
mah name is Fuzzy
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #562 on: March 28, 2014, 06:04:54 PM »
"Squeaks. Fuzzy." the helm of the armored figure regarded each of them in turn.

Such odd names. Numerical designations would be more efficient, but less personal. Oh well. Such is the life he chose. "So that we are not surprised in combat by what you cannot do, or found wanting after a disaster for knowing what you could have done had we asked you..." Rabbit paused, "The both of you live in a very dangerous world. What are your potentials, as far as defending yourself or warding off attackers?"

He paused, "Have you ever been attacked by a monster or a pirate before? How did you handle the event? Was it fatal to the attacker?" Rabbit's questions weren't just random curiosity. He was testing these two to see if they had what it took to take an order, or to kill an enemy. These were questions he would have asked Pha and Jeremy, were their introductions not actually on the field of battle.

"Also, I feel the need to mention that your performance and teamwork with us will not affect the overarching situation concerning payment for services rendered by Squeaks' people in regards to herding your swarm creatures, Fuzzy. That matter will be dealt with once we deal with the more important issue of this temple's source of corruption. We, or at the least I, will listen to both sides to aid in arbitration. Solving this simply takes precedence over your mercantile dispute." Imagine him, handling disputes. What was next, judicial service? Judge Rabbit. What a joke that image was.
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 28, 2014, 08:06:13 PM »
The Deku bumps it's chest with a tiny fist, "Things can't find me so I shoot them from behind a lot! Always surprised! Then shadows accept me again and I start over!" it proudly states. While it is known Dekus do have the tendency to shoot things with nuts they store in their mouths, a pair of exceptionally small crossbows, small still even for this small Deku, were holstered at it's sides as well. They hardly looked more than toys really, but it certainly appeared confident nonetheless.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 05, 2014, 02:54:04 AM »
ne'er been attacked by no monstas, but some of those gosh-dang chicken thieving foxes and vagabons have been run off by me chickens n some eggs you're surprised how quickly he whips out an egg and tosses it casually between hands, then swiftly throws it, knocking a apple out of a nearby tree.
- All Spells
- playground

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #565 on: April 10, 2014, 02:00:23 PM »
As your discussion drags on, you suddenly start soft hearing soft moaning sounds. Suddenly,  you see three shambling bodies appear from the northern passage, and Fuzzy can see three more coming from the opposite side of the central temple hall, all slowly moving towards you.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 16, 2014, 04:32:02 PM »
Not feeling particularly in a hurry to fight that new menace when they still had yet to take care of the southern room, she raised pillars of ice in the redeads' way.

"Maybe we should take care of that room first before we take care of those. Let's go!"

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #567 on: April 16, 2014, 05:35:39 PM »
"Pha, if you'd kindly erect a pillar of i..." he was cut off as she did exactly that. "... excellent."

With a reflexive motion and a clenched fist his starmetal war scythe sprang forth, already frosted before the blade had fully locked into place. In his other hand, he held his trusty 'Star in a Jar' blaster pistol. "Everyone prep for the room. Last I saw there was an enemy combatant there, perhaps fifteen feet in." he motioned to a blank part of the wall, which not just a few moments ago was transparent to him thanks to pilfered technology. "Gather, and then we move in. Squeaks, Fuzzy... that includes you."

(click to show/hide)
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 16, 2014, 07:37:20 PM »
Jeremy nods and follows Rabbit's lead.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 16, 2014, 08:01:11 PM »
'Squeaks' promptly squeaks in surprise and jumps forward towards the party it had apparently just become a part of at the sight and sound of the Redeads. In fact, 'Squeaks' jumps right under Rabbit and apparently vanishes.

(click to show/hide)

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: April 21, 2014, 09:59:13 PM »
(click to show/hide)
- All Spells
- playground

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 26, 2014, 07:26:39 PM »
Just as Rabbit charges inside the room, the shadows on the walls move, and suddenly he feels sharp, cold metal struck in his flesh. Surrounding him are now three Garos, swiftly pulling their twin blades from the chinks on Rabbit's power armor trough which they just wounded him. The wounds feel unnaturaly cold. Only Jeremy just behind his ally could see how the three Garos leaping at Rabbit and stabbing their weapons in one fluid movement, almost as ghosts.

Just behind you, the redeads pile near Pha's pillar and the front one starts slamming it with its body, cracking the ice.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 08:24:42 AM by oslecamo »

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 26, 2014, 10:00:39 PM »
you see an egg drop into Fuzzy's hand from his sleeve, then hurls it at a target you cannot see. the points and says fly my friends then rushes in after them

(click to show/hide)
- All Spells
- playground

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 05, 2014, 02:21:00 PM »
Seeing the garos appear, she dashed in to give her companions some room to move around and get in a better position.
"Move a little toward to door, Rabbit. I don't want to hurt you."
She then proceed to try and lock the silent killers where they stood. Hopefully that would be enough for them to land some hits on them and take a step away.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 02:42:02 PM by Anomander »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 05, 2014, 02:34:08 PM »
Jeremy takes a step back and pauses for a second, concerned.  They just fled monsters and now are fighting monsters, this isn't good.  Deciding against healing Rabbit, Jeremy instead casts a spell to speed of the reflexes of his friends.

(click to show/hide)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 05, 2014, 02:47:46 PM »
As Rabbit charged into the room ahead, Squeaks lost his hiding spot. The sudden appearance of the Garos surprised it, but they were attacking the big one who'd called him brave! Yes! It IS brave, it thought, as the Deku stepped forward into the doorway and unloaded on the nearest Garo.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #576 on: May 20, 2014, 02:13:36 PM »
Rabbit had seen more intimidating things in his existence. He had certainly stared down the barrels of said "more intimidating things" before. These wouldn't be the first ghosts he had ever seen, and he had a feeling they wouldn't be the last.

Though, the chilling feeling running through his veins from that one stab... could be poison. Sneaky bastard, using a trick he would use against him. It took away the burst of energy that he had before right out from under him... Well, time to answer chilling poison with a chilled starmetal blade.

Feeling a rush of energy return to him, possibly a second wind, he lashed out at the ghost at AT7 with his own blade. Poison, no. But chilled to the core, yes.

That chilled poison must have had a more potent effect then Rabbit thought. His aim was atrocious.
Link to my homebrews

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 27, 2014, 07:56:02 AM »
Fuzzy's egg splatters on the face of the front redead, blocking its vision, but the undead keeps advancing along with its companions. The farmer's chickens move to form a defensive wall of sorts blocking the passage, and the redeads flail their arms as they close in, managing to grab and squash some of the flightless birds, blood and feathers splattering on the grass below.

Meanwhile all three Garos lower their heads and weapons, trembling at Pha's close presence, allowing Jeremy to speed up his companions to retaliate. One Garo is peppered with crossbow bolts from Squeak, and with what looks like a sigh of relief, falls to the ground, upon which its body collapses into dust and all that's left is an empty cloak. Another manages to dodge the first scythe strike from Rabbit, but not the second, cowering but not yet defeated.

You can hear the ice pillar behind you being smashed some more, with large cracks appearing in your side. It doesn't look like it'll hold much longer.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 28, 2014, 05:45:25 PM »
Before the Garos can turn themselves invisible again, Pha quickly breathed out a cold gale unto the two that were left, making good of her new position.
A step away, she now prepared to help with the creepy creatures creeping in from the back.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #579 on: June 20, 2014, 12:18:19 PM »
Rabbit could handle this. The sounds coming from behind him, well, the others behind him would let him know if that was something to worry about. With the vigor instilled in him by his friends....

Friends... what an odd sounding word. He didn't dislike it. He just hardly got a chance to use it about a month ago. He'd grow fond of the term later. For the moment, he was being stabbed to death by ghosts. Another phrase that sounded truly odd when said aloud.

He'd reminisce about all his ghost stories later. There was a task at hand. A task that required his skills. Perhaps he should stay more focused at the task at hand.

(click to show/hide)
Link to my homebrews